Post subject: Elemental Workshop II
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 9:23 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
READERS NOTE: I know that Gotekn already wrote a guide for this quest. However, I have been personally asked to help make changes to the guide. However, if you're new to the forum, then you probably wouldn't know that I like to take things into my own hands. I'm a guide-writer myself, and do it solely for the purpose of showing everyone that you don't need a guide to do a quest. All you need is a lot of patience.

Well, no offence Gotekn, but I had no idea how to intrude (or start, for that matter), so to make life easier for myself (and probably everyone else):

ITEMS NEEDED:

- At least 2 elemental bars (3 if you want to make a new and improved shield). Bring 5 if you're cautious of me.
- Battered Key (Get it from the house just opposite the elemental workshop)
- Hammer

TELEPORTS USED:

- Varrock teleport (To get to digsite to start the quest)
- Camelot Teleport

REQUIREMENTS:

- Level 20 Magic
- Level 30 Smithing
- Must have completed the Elemental Workshop Part I quest

LENGTH AND DIFFICULTY:

- Short, but quite complex.

Ok, if you're reading this, then apparently, you're ready to take it to the next level in elemental equipment. Start things off by going to the digsite and searching this bookcase.

Once you have the beaten book, you can read it. Save an inventory space, because once you click on it, you'll get a scroll with some treasure trail-like coordinates. Anyways, after reading the book, you will want to head down to the elemental workshop in Seers Village by teleporting to Camelot and simply walking west.

DON'T drop the book. You need it, since it contains the instructions your character will follow to make the elemental helmet.

Once you're down there, you can use an elemental bar on the anvil and make yourself an elemental helmet like the shield you already have.

There. That's it. You've made an elemental helmet! Well done!

Oh? You say that's not good enough? Yeah, you want more, don't you? You want a different color besides pink and you want the magic defence higher for both the shield AND the hemlet, don't you? Well, why didn't you say so? Let's get questing!

Basically, what the coordinates mean is that once you go downstairs, you follow it as you would a treasure trail clue. If it says 3N, you walk 3 squares north. To speed things up, go to the waterwheel and search this machinery:

You will get a key. Don't worry about using it on your key ring, since the thing it unlocks breaks it. The thing that it unlocks ... I'll leave it at "thing", is this hatch in the center of the workshop:

Make sure you have a bit of spare time, because this procedure takes a while.

Once you're downstairs, it's hard to tell where you're supposed to start, isn't it? Don't worry, though. I'm here to help you. Let's start things off by searching the nearby crates for spare parts and stuff. Search this crate right here:

Grab the crane schematics, because I have no idea what to do with the lever ones. The crane ones allow you to make an elemental crane, which you should go upstairs and do with an elemental bar on the workshop.

While we're gathering tools, let's also search these nearby crates for some cogs and piping. These machines are thousands of years old, so now doubt they'll need a patch job in order to work again.

Search this crate for a large cog:

Search this crate for a medium cog:

To continue searching, go up these stairs to the upper level of this room. Going up the stairs in the middle will just lead you back to the start.

Search the crates up there for a small cog.

NOTE: I AM CURRENTLY UNSURE WHETHER THIS PROCEDURE IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. TO PLAY IT SAFE, SEARCH ALL CRATES IN BOTH AREAS, SINCE THERE AREN'T VERY MANY. SOONER OR LATER, YOU'LL ALSO COME ACROSS A PIPE, WHICH YOU SHOULD ALSO KEEP.

Anyways, once you have all 3 cogs and the pipe, use the pipe on this section of pipe on the second level.

While you're up there, head to the western end of the upper level and fix this junction box by clicking on it and setting the pipes to look like this by clicking on one opening, then another to automatically attach the pipe:

It looks complex, but there really is only 3 different combinations.

Next, let's fix the giant fan machine. Climb down and go to this large machine on the eastern area of the room. On the side, you'll see 3 pins. Use the large, medium, and small cogs on the pins as shown.

NOTE: Each pin has its own individual click-on option. Zoom in with the camera and make sure you're precise.

Lastly, you can fix the crane by pulling the lever to the right of it, as shown, and using your newly made crane on it. Pull the lever on the right again to raise it.

And now comes the fun part!

Use an elemental bar on the jig. Click on the right lever twice, then the left one once. Finally, pull the right lever once. Make sure the crane stops moving before pulling the lever. You should now have something like this:

You might as well say anything you want down there. Everyone enters their own individual room, like the fight caves, that no one else can enter.

Pull the right lever once, the left lever once, then the right lever twice to drop the bar. Don't grab it, since it's as hot as lava now.

Now, go over to this lever marked by a sign. It's the main jig cart lever. Pull it once, and the cart will move over to the next station.

ImageImage

Walk around to this lever and pull it to pound the bajeebies out of the bar.

Then go back to the jig cart lever and pull it again.

Now head over to the northern area of the workshop.

There are 4 operatable levers and valves here. Looks tough, but it's really quite simple. I'll guide you through it.

First, pull the door lever to open the door. Then turn the cork-screw lever twice to insert the jig with your bar. Then pull the door lever again. It should now look like this.

Make sure the valve on the right is closed by clicking it until it is. Then go to the left valve and click on it. The tank will fill up and the bar will turn blue. Close the left valve, then open the right one to drain the tank. Finally, repeat the procedure above that you used to put the bar into the tank to get it back out.

Once the cart's back on the track and the door is closed, return to the cart lever and pull it again. Then head over to the east machine you fixed with the cogs.

Now comes the hard part. Using great skill and inginuity, pull the lever in order to properly operate this machine to perform its duties to its maximum effect. The fan will begin to spin on its axis and rapidly increase it's velocity. Once at it's full movement, the visual state of the bar shall revert from an aquatic hue to a plain bright white hue. After that, pull the lever once more in order to halt the process.

... in short, pull the lever twice and the bar will turn white. I couldn't help myself.

Pull the cart lever once more, and take the bar from the jig.

Well done, you've successfully primed the bar! Now what say we take it one step further and power it up?

Climb down these steps.

Down here, there are 2 doors. One with mind symbols and one with body symbols. At the moment, the body doors are securely locked, so enter the mind ones.

You'll encounter this nifty machine.

Use the primed bar on the extractor gun (OH MY GOSH, THE WORD "GUN" IN RUNESCAPE?!?).

... then ... yeah, you're gonna have to sit in that electric chair there.

Once you regain your sanity (and 20 magic points), grab the bar, which is now a lovely orange, and head up to the main floor with the elemental monsters.

Just use the bar on the workshop, and make it into an elemental helmet! Make sure you still have that book with you, though.

Well done! Quest complete! If you want, you can repeat that procedure as much as you want with as many elemental bars as you want. Probably a good idea to stock up for the elemental workshop part III.

Here are the stats ... ignoring weight.

Oh, and by the way, you can't "operate" it. It's a new Jagex thing that allows you to use your glory amulet or duelling ring or whatever other nifty thing that does a neat trick like silver sickle while you're wearing them so you don't have to have that one inventory space available all the time. Gotta love Jagex!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 9:23 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 12:21 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Gotekn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: TKC, The Kindred Clan
Heh nice guide Alex you sure beat me :D. Anyway I had all that detail in pictures on mine at first then my sis wanted to get on before I could finish and she logged me off without saving it :'(. I didn't feel like doing it again so I just made a shorter version. Also the Helmet gives no bonus whatsever. All those stats are the Sheilds stats FYI.

Anywho Alex just go ahead and do it, it can't offend me as long as its better. Just tell me if I'm online at the time. And if you just asked I could have done the same thing you did with your guides. Also I kinda got Dissed on my first few guides so I went a little skimping on the last few.

Watch out Alex you have a competeter on the guides :D.

~Gotekn~

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr
I post in cyan cause I'm good like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 4:07 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
I welcome the competition, and the helmet actually gives +6 magic defence while the shield gives +9. I tested it by removing the shield.

I'm not sure, but either the Jagex Team fixed it, or there's something else we're missing. The helmet DID give me a magic bonus (though not nearly as good at the bear-head) Sort of wish they would add it to their guides on semi-useless things with a purpose, since I sort of feel that the quest was as pointless as the first.

At least I got a better elemental shield, and I'm only 2 levels away from skeletal wyverns. Ooh, I can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 11:38 pm 
A very nice guide. It includes all the pictures and information to do the quest easily. Well done.