Post subject: Lunar Diplomacy Quest
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 12:58 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Lunar Diplomacy Quest

Items Needed:

- 1 tinderbox
- 1 guam leaf
- 1 marrentill
- 1 mortar and pestle
- 1 dramen staff
- 4 talismans – one of air, one of water, one of earth, and one of fire (tiaras work too)
- 400 coins
- 1 pickaxe
- 1 hatchet (optional)

Teleports Used:

- 1 Falador teleport
- 1 Lumbridge teleport (or charged glory amulet to Draynor)
- 1 Ring of dueling (To duel arena)
- 1 Varrock Teleport
- 1 Camelot Teleport / enchanted Lyre / house teleport if it’s near Relekka

Requirements:

- Level 61 crafting
- Level 40 defence
- Level 49 firemaking
- Level 5 herblore
- Level 65 magic
- Level 60 mining
- Level 55 Woodcutting
- Completed The Fremennik Trials
- Completed Lost City
- Completed Rune Mysteries
- Completed Shilo Village
- Must fight at least 4 level 114 monsters that mage and melee.

Difficulty and Length:

- Long, and difficult for those who aren't adapt to problem-solving situations and don't have patience.

Start Location:

- The docks in Rellekka. Speak to Lokar.

To start this long and truly fascinating quest, speak to Lokar near the docks. He is next to the ship that takes you to Waterbirth.

After a few … interesting suggestions, you’ll be told to get a Seal of Passage from Brundt the Chieftan to become a diplomat, even though you don’t really need to do any … yet.

Brundt will give it to you to wear like an amulet. Return to Lokar and he’ll bring you to his ship.

Climb up 2 ladders, and find and speak to the captain.

Ask him all you want about the Moon Clan, then when you’re ready to depart, depart!

After a very enjoyable … trip … which doesn’t go very well because all you did was circle the port … go below deck and talk to Jack. After no success, talk to the Captain again, then talk to Jack once more. After a conversation, you’ll learn that someone aboard the ship is jinxed.

Speak to the captain again, and he’ll ask you to find the jinx. Afterwards, talk to Eagle-eye here at the northern end of the ship for an explanation of a jinx.

Of course, you can have a few laughs talking to some other guys, but the one you want is Beefy. Go below deck where you found Jack, then go to the northern end of the ship for another ladder. Inside, you’ll find Beefy.

After talking to him and having a conversation with the captain, climb up the ladders near him and talk to Lee here.

He’ll say that he saw the First Mate sneak off somewhere during the feast. Interesting! Talk to him. He’s in the southern room on the captain’s level.

After a false accusation, you'll learn that he's not guilty, but he does point the finger at the cabin boy, who is where Lee was. Go back and speak to him.

Caught! He’ll confess to putting 5 jinx symbols on the ship and give you a special lantern to find them. You’ll need to use a tinderbox on it.

To search for the marks, you just have to use the lantern on the object. He gives you 5 locations:

- A wall
- A box
- A container
- A support
- Something big and metal. Like … this cannon!

The other places are as follows:

I don't like having to reveal the entire quest, so I'll let you guys figure them out without TOTALLY giving it away. This is one quest reward that you have to EARN.

Once all the symbols are rubbed off, talk to the captain and you’ll be off!

Finally! Take a look around. There’s a nice clothes shop, a bank, a number of citizens to talk to …

Even a walking runes shop!

Anyways, if you want that lovely quest reward screen, I suggest you speak to Meteora.

And she’ll tell you their “leader” is on the south-east area of the island.

She will explain a ritual you can go through to learn their ways of magic. What fun! To do it, though, you need 3 things – A walking sleep potion, a Lunar staff, and ceremonial robes.

The potion is the easier to get. You’ll need to fight some of those level 114 suqahs around the village that cast spells and melee. However, bring dragon hide armor and a good weapon and you’ll be fine. You need to kill them for a tooth, which you will grind with a mortar and pestle.

You also need to talk to the rune seller in the chicken-house for a special vial, which you need to fill with water.

Once you get it, add the guam, marrentill, and ground tooth, then talk to the oneiromancer again.

Next up is the Lunar staff, which is made by taking a dramen staff (staff used to access Zanaris and the Fairy Rings) on the air altar (for runecrafting), fire altar, water altar, and earth altar in that order. You don’t need any rune essence or anything, just the talismans / tiaras.

I used a number of house teleports because I have a bunch of portals. But by whatever means necessary, get to those altars and use the dramen staff on each. Don’t forget your talismans.

Once you made the staff (or staffs, depending how many you have …), return to Lunar Isle.

Now the suit. There are 8 parts:

HELMET – Mine it from a stalagmite and craft it. There is a mine to the northeast section of the island that houses gold ore, gem rocks, and even a rune essence!
CAPE – Talk to Pauline Polaris in the village. She’s in the northwest area. She will quiz you and ask for her real name. Choose the second option from the top and you’ll win the cape.
AMULET – Speak to Meteora. You’ll be asked to get a tiara back from a suqah.
TORSO – Craft with a suqah hide. (All hides must be first tanned by the clothes shop owner, who tans them for 100 coins each)
LEGS – Craft with a suqah hide.
GLOVES – Craft with a suqah hide.
BOOTS – Craft with a sugah hide.
RING – Speak to Selene. She will send you on a treasure hunt. Grab your spade and head to the south-western most part of the island, and you’ll find these flowers that you need to dig on with your spade for the ring:

Once that’s dome, you’ll get everything back (you need 11 spaces after giving the clothes) including some kindle, which you will need to soak in potion and through in the large building’s torch.

Like so.

Now you’re in dream-world. If you leave it or log out by mistake, don’t worry. Talk to the oneiromancer again and she’ll replace the kindling and potion free.

Anyways, talk to this guy.

There are a number of tests you must go through. If you look around, you’ll see multi-colored platforms that you must walk on to ... move to another area. I'll help you with them a bit.

This game looks complex, but it’s really simple. The dice, instead of giving all 6 numbers randomly, switch from 2 different numbers: The 2 dice on top gives either 3 or 4. The center ones give 1 and 6, and the bottom ones give 2 and 5. Just remember that each dice has both digits that total up to 7.

This game is basically a miming game. Talk to it, watch its moves, then do the same emote.

There's a racing game. Basically, you hurry up and race a walking slowpoke, except you have to jump hurdles. Sorry, no picture.

This game is a chopping race. Quickly chop 20 trees and put them in your pile. If you forgot your hatchet, you'll be suplied with a bronze one.

This is a game similar to the trap you find in the underground pass and the Burgh De Rott minigame. Jump to each platform and remember which ones you are able to stand on. I'm afraid it's different for every player, so I can't help you with a guide.

There is one more game, which you have to press numbers to complete patterns. Again, no picture, but it's very straightforward.

After all 6 tests are done, talk to the main guy and face your final challenge:

You have to fight: YOURSELF!

It’s level 79, and you both teleport to opposite ends of the arena at certain times. Other then that, he doesn't hit very much. Just run at him and give it your all, and you'll be fine.

Once you beat the tar out of yourself, you’ll return and be told to read your life. Do so, and you’ll return to the village.

Talk to the oneiromancer to finish the quest.

To switch between Lunar spells, just pray at the altar. Unlike the Zaros altar, this one doesn’t drain anything.

You can also use the altar to make these runes for fast and easy exp, as well as mine the rune essence in the mine you got the helmet ore from.

Enjoy!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 12:58 pm 
Chat Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 7:43 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
the number thing isn't as easy as you say at least not for me. considering i had no idea what the guy said and i was just totaly confused. just pick the numbers that goes next. just a little math. if the clue is 1,3,5 then you know it's adding by 2 so the answers are 7 and 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 10:58 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: de4thm4ge411
RS Status: Classic
wowza! thxs man...wow..u beat runehq :) is it an easy quest, or hard? And approximatly how long did it take you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2006, 12:31 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
About 2 hours, not counting the time it took me to write the guide. Mind you, I had to get some of these items and take the time to do that, like the tinderbox for lighting the lantern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2006, 5:03 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: LEWentworth
Clan Name: SCCM friends
Info about Death in dream.

If you Die during the race you Just wake up WITH ALL YOUR ITEMS. Can't confirm the final battle though.

Yea LEWENT Dosen't know how to jump...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 8:34 am 
Another great guide Alex fantastic you have an amazing talent for quest guides. I will use this guide to do the quest.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 8:34 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2006, 4:58 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
you may also note that lunar armor has the same stats as splitbark ;)
byebye fine cloth merchanters