Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2005, 3:56 pm 
oldmantellah wrote:
Oh ok. I guess I missed the thing concerning the drops. So what you're doing is you're gonna get get really high stats, then worry about your dragon/god armour/etc., ya?

Another thing- are there prime weapons for different types of atttacking (attack, strength, defense) what I mean- fore expamle: the dragon B-axe is the prime weapon for strength attacking, obviously

One more question, all-knowing Runescaper. The strength stat determines how much you hit, your defense determines how many hits you can defend against. So what does you attack determine??? I've always wondered this; but I always assumedd it determined how consistent you hit. Is that what it does?

Umm to train I'd recommend Abby Whip, if you are as poor or cheap as I am, go for D-Scimitar.

Defense: Decreases your enemy chances of damaging you (meaning the enemy hits 0s more often)
Attack: Increases your accuracy (meaning you hit 0s less often)
Strength: how hard you hit.

Dont train with Dragon battleaxe anything, its almost as bad as people that "train" with D-Halberds, and of course, D-battleaxes excel for their power, Longswords for their balance, Scimitars for their accuracy and speed, daggers for their price :wink:, Dragon maces for praying, and so on.

What I'd like to know is where are they famous "training spots" that jagex announced on the Desert Treasure update note, I did the quest and only bumped into a strange "multi" place with ice trolls and wolves, a pyramid with a few mummies on the way, a dungeon full of crappy fire elementals and pyrefiends, oh and also another cave full of Giant Skeletons (level-80) (those could actually be good to use the cannon on for ranged exp)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 20th, 2005, 3:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2005, 12:21 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: m00npirate
RS Status: F2P
This is the best training spot guide i've ever seen. I always wanted to knnow some good spots with dense aggro monsters. Im currently training in the graveyard in the wildy and it RULES. I can kill 5-6 zombies without even moving or clicking. Seriously, GREAT guide here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2005, 3:35 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Huitzi
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Masors
Also put into your guide that Poison DOESN'T give xp
It is good for killing dragons though but if you aim for experience, dont use it

-Huitzi

-Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2005, 3:44 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Status: Classic
does any1 wanna tell me wats so cool about the axe hut?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2005, 6:42 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Killed u at
Emp wrote:
Ok, I'll answer these questions as fast as possible.

2.) hallys are HORRIBLE for training, and I mean it, HORRIBLE, they are nowhere near good exp, their power DOES NOT compensate for the incredibly slow experience, if you like to get to be safe 100% by hallying, you'll be doing it at the cost of experience and I mean A LOT, I am not a Hally Supporter, because I think that combating doesnt mean being safe, but aside from that, safety comes at the cost of about 80% of the exp you could be gaining in other spots.

you get 4exp per hit, just like other wepons...
you make the same exp and at the cost of never using food or dieing

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 12:09 am 
Excellent guide, i should really try those places. 10/10.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 12:09 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 12:43 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Huitzi
Clan Name: Masors
magicfann wrote:
does any1 wanna tell me wats so cool about the axe hut?

good xp and the axes are agressive, so you can fight while afk
bad point: watch out for pk'ers, it's wilderniss

-Huitzi

-Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2005, 10:58 am 
bluedragon56 wrote:
Emp wrote:
Ok, I'll answer these questions as fast as possible.

2.) hallys are HORRIBLE for training, and I mean it, HORRIBLE, they are nowhere near good exp, their power DOES NOT compensate for the incredibly slow experience, if you like to get to be safe 100% by hallying, you'll be doing it at the cost of experience and I mean A LOT, I am not a Hally Supporter, because I think that combating doesnt mean being safe, but aside from that, safety comes at the cost of about 80% of the exp you could be gaining in other spots.

you get 4exp per hit, just like other wepons...
you make the same exp and at the cost of never using food or dieing

Thanks for answering that for me Huitzi, and Hallys ARE bad exp, they strike every 4.26 seconds and you DO NOT have assured to hit always over 25-30 to make up for the speed, unlike scimitars/whips/daggers/staffs that hit every 2.39secs and hit decently high (take note that it is almost twice the speed, I dont see how you can gain the SAME exp).

I WILL not add halberds in this guide, because they maybe be used for training by some players, but they aren't the fastest ways to gain exp (infact one of the slowest), therefore adding them here would contradict the whole point of the guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2005, 11:09 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: oldwarrior3
nice try :x JOKE very nice guide man!! :D :D

If you're curious to read these little texts then copy this in your sig

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2005, 11:14 am 
Runite Member

Location: OmgGgGG stork3r!11!1one oneevelen!1!11 exclamation mark!11!12"
I though dagger was 2 secs, scimi 2.5, long 3 and hally 4.5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2005, 6:18 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Soul X Mage
this is an very good guide everyone should use this it owns

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2005, 6:36 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Im Kevin
Why do you need a mystic staff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2005, 12:35 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Deborahone
Clan Name: Elven Alliance
one thing i get out of the guide is that u make them waste money.
u never say anything like "ice giants r great cuz they can drop items that can sell ok(they can for real drop some mith items) and cover costs of food".
def makes it to where they dont hit as much damage like instead of 12 u might get hit 9 if u had good enough def.
attack lets u hit ur highest damage more often.
and the nights sword quest dungeon is better for ice warirors then wildy cuz u cant get attacked by players.
and the abbysal whip attacks a lil slower then dagger and is a bit weaker then db(im not trying to pik on the abbysal whip).
the d scimmy is about same speed as dagger yes,but its about 1\4 weaker then d long.
and poison is always good cuz it doesnt hit fast but always hits and 4 points of damage is only 12 xp lost(if poison doesnt give xp which it might)
and i would like to know y u would use a mystic staff for fighting some of those monsters?
im not really trying to pik on u but some of the things just dont make sense.
i did a check with the weapons with my frend.

SOTW Judge (Sep 14, 2005 1:38 pm - Feb 06, 2009 8:58 pm)
Spoiler for Everything else:

A Kid asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" and Jesus said. "This much."
And spread his arms out on the cross and died.
If you believe that he did this for you put this in your signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2005, 1:03 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: Tst Dark
Very nice guide, although, you should exstend the lvl on Daganoths, never really crowded, and if it ever is, it doesn't last long most people leave cause they run around like idoits. If you stand still and let them come at you there is no problem. "ust a tip". I am lvl 96 and I train there all the time..

Also I think you should add
Green Dragons, not a bad monster to train on since they are only lvl 79 and drop dragon bones. Just a thought.

But I think your guide was very good.

I score it a 9 out of 10. Great work.
:wink:

Edit*

Also

jrdgames wrote:
u never say anything like "ice giants r great cuz they can drop items that can sell ok(they can for real drop some mith items) and cover costs of food".
def makes it to where they dont hit as much damage like instead of 12 u might get hit 9 if u had good enough def.
and the nights sword quest dungeon is better for ice warirors then wildy cuz u cant get attacked by players.
and the abbysal whip attacks a lil slower then dagger and is a bit weaker then db(im not trying to pik on the abbysal whip).
the d scimmy is about same speed as dagger yes,but its about 1\4 weaker then d long.
and poison is always good cuz it doesnt hit fast but always hits and 4 points of damage is only 12 xp lost(if poison doesnt give xp which it might)
and i would like to know y u would use a mystic staff for fighting some of those monsters?

I think you are wrong in some points.. Why would they waste money on food? It would be a great oppertunity to fish their own food, so as there combat skills are rising, their fishing and cooking will follow.. The higher the combat the higher the food can back them up. Another thing. He never said it was a guide for getting good drops or money, he said it was a training guide for combat, "pay attention". Maybe you should reread it all together..

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2005, 1:44 pm 
jrdgames wrote:

This is gonna be fun to answer all of these... first of all THIS IS NOT A GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY! This is a guide about EFFICIENT TRAINING (lets try that again? E-F-F-I-C-I-E-N-T), POISON DOES ***NOT*** GIVE ANY EXP AT ALL, I think I was pretty clear on that in the guide, can you tell me HOW THE HELL the scim is weaker by 25% than the long? It's about 5 str points and 2 slash points weaker than the long, with a speed of 2.39 SECONDS (pay attention here), ****EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE WHIP, THE MYSTIC BATTLESTAFFS, AND THE DAGGERS****, defense makes the enemies hit LESS OFTEN not lower, same with attack it makes you hit MORE OFTEN not harder or more chances to hit harder.

Now, the abyssal whip **IS NOT** weaker than the dragon battleaxe, it has 12 *MORE* slash points and hits at 2.39 seconds (Dragon battleaxe hits almost every 4 seconds) for the cost of only 3 strength points.

The Knight's Sword quest sword? (Yes, that's how you spell the word "knight") That is only a pathetic excuse for a weapon, that's all it is.

And finally, some monsters are weaker to crush than others, since the battlestaff is a good and fast crush weapon it's the ideal choice unless you have an abyssal whip.

Was I clear enough?

EDIT: and green dragons are good for MONEY not for experience.