Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Port Probing<<Ie. Check your Security
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 7:16 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Here's a link to a blog post I made about this security site that I have been using for quite sometime. It is an interesting tool.

I just want to point out this website, by Steve Gibson. It allows you to test common ports on the internet to see if they are either, open, closed, or stealthed. In this case you want to be stealthed.

You can goto the following url. You can test the common ports, ideally you want to be stealthed. This is an interesting tool and very useful.

Take a look and check up your security. You can also try and use the messenger spam feature on yourself :shock:

Here’s my test results:

Original Post here: http://shane.rsbandb.com/?p=356

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 7:16 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 8:44 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clanless
It says my port doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 9:40 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
RS Status: Classic
Quote:
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

:mrgreen: