Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Infinite Halo - Updated
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 3:57 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sevith
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RSBandB of course!
So I'm making a website and I'm having fun with it. I'm making the design and my friend in converting it into CSS. It's a WIP so judge accordingly. Oh the 'About' button is as if someone is covering over it.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8585/webpagej.png

Tips and tricks for making it would be appreciated :)

Edit: Profile field added. Its supposed to be a quick login feature for the site.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3249/webpageu.png

Marty O' Donnell says Howdy :)!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 3:57 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Infinite Halo - Updated
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 2:42 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Very nice. I love halo, got a halo action figure for my halo collection for christmas he has teh reconz :D

Post subject: Re: Infinite Halo - Updated
PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 9:04 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Humus_75
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Instinct
You've done quite a good job so far ^^ But some pointerrs: (this'll be a long post lol! Dont be offended though, i can appreciate its a wip, and webdesign is very hard to get right.. you'll just have to practice)

-The fonts are just a bit too big, it just makes taking it all in a bit hard. Also, the twitter and RSS logos look a bit too big and throw off the focal point.
-Everythings grey! Try and incorporate one brighter colour in there. Keep the grey, but have some elements in a brighter colour.
-The recent news box could do with cleaning up a bit, looks a bit cluttered. Remove the dividers and give the article one a colour background, then article two a colour background of the same colour, but darker, then keep doing that. It'll mean you can seperate the articles, but make it lok easier and less complicated on the eyes ^^
-The glossy sheen on the boxes looks a bit too bright, lower the opacity and clean up the bottom of it because it looks like it kinda trails off a bit (unless that was intentional)
-Banner: Render is cut off on the left, but you can't change that unless you painted it in or changed the render. Looks way too simple at the mo, and the text would look better just horizontal. Use more varying sizes too, and possibly different fonts (draw inspiration from the rsbandb banner [good job chief!]).
-Gradients EVERYWHERE! :P Try and make it simpler, or atleast make the gradient as gradual as you can, but still visible.
-The rounded corners are a bit much, you can still use them, but use more sparingly. Less is more.