Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dynamic Sigs
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:05 pm 
Hi,

I'm interested in making my own dynamic signatures. But my problem is that theres not very much info about them out there. I know some people from bandb know some stuff about dynamic sigs and I was hoping someone could tell me how to link the stats to the picture from the high scores list. If anyone could help me, or at least point me in the direct of a good tutorial I would reallllly appreciate it.

Stargate005

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm 
To the best of my knowlege a good way to do it is to work around an image template using dynamic querying for variables to placehold in the image.

I haven't done this before but if you have a server (or if you make queries via RSBandB's calcls) you would use a combo of MySQL, PHP and a serversided image to work with like a PNG. If you have some knowlege in J# Scripting it would be too easy to do :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:51 pm 
Thanks, could ya be a little more specific lol, because to tell you the truth I have no idea what dynamic querying is lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 4:14 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
You could ask Mike or Shane about this..
But if you are making your own..Just write it up..
Or you are making it for a group and putting it up on a website for ppl to use..You need a code..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 6:56 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Nipper4369
RS Status: P2P
i asked mike about it he wont even point me in the right way to learning that stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 7:07 pm 
nipper wrote:
i asked mike about it he wont even point me in the right way to learning that stuff
If I could point you in the right direction, I would say ASP.NET (and/or PHP) scriping (web); but before this you won't understand a bit until you have atleast some general knowlege on web development and some intermediate understanding of the core programming languages (i.e. C# C++ VB J# .NET).

Amazon.
and you're done (see books)

:P

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 7:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 8:16 pm 
PHP
MYSQL
GD Library

http://www.snipe.net/geek/scripts/pdfs/gdlib-php.pdf

Those are the languages you should know, and a link to a document to help you with creating dynamic sigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 9:44 pm 
Mithril Member

opps i edited the worng part

Last edited by nipper on March 6th, 2005, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 12:28 am 
Mithril Member

o ya check this out i just finshed 4 hrs later. i learned a little php and check out what i made. http://nip.slapbox.net/test right now it dosent get the info form rs high scores but you can input it and see the start of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 3:54 am 
nipper wrote:
o ya check this out i just finshed 4 hrs later. i learned a little php and check out what i made. http://nip.slapbox.net/test right now it dosent get the info form rs high scores but you can input it and see the start of it
From the time I've checked it, it seems to look good. I would tweak the text though as it appears to be a little hidden on the count of it's size and colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 5:52 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bigfoot227
RS Status: Classic
it's pretty good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 1:38 pm 
Mithril Member

like i said im still tweeking it i still can't chang the font size of it yet. i needed my admin to install freetype witch he will in the next few days i hope

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 1:38 pm 
ahhhh this is driving me crazy lol, thanks for all the help guys lol. But I know quite a bit about some programing such as java, css, html, etc... but these links just seems to be links to do with image design.... is there no tutorial or something that goes through making just a dynamic sig from begining to end? Most of this gives me an over view of dynamic things, but I still cant find anything about dynamic sigs specifically. I would really like to know where these people who already know how to make the sigs got their information lol. Like I said I know quite a bit about programing but I still cant figure out how to link the runescape high scores to my sig. Oh and Monkeymatt said there was a link to a document helping to make dynamic sigs... could someone plz tell me which one lol. Theres quite a few links but I cant find any that help you with the dynamic sigs.

Thanks for all your help.

Stargate005

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 2:10 pm 
Mithril Member

ya i want to know how to get the scores form high scores my self. but like i said anyone that knows how wont tell me so i have to learn my self. just like my little php program i made it took me about 3 or 4hrs yeasterday reading php.net website on how to do it. but some time soon i hope i will be able to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2005, 7:08 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: syed38
RS Status: F2P
ur site only said my name not my stats