Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: F2P Highscores
PostPosted: January 19th, 2005, 7:56 am 
You have a really nice site up here, with high quality calculators and dynamics signatures. Thank you. I really love these.

It is really bad, that there are no separate highscores for free 2 players. On the official highscores members and f2prs are mixed up in one table, while they are not really comparable.

Now my question: Would not be possible to create dynamic f2p highscores from those registered already with a signature? The highscores lookup is done already once a day, the only thing that would be needed is to collect the data and sort it by total level / xp and make it available on the site. I would really love to see f2p highscores, and I am sure I am not alone. Though the problem that there are many players missing at the start would not last long.

What do you think of it?

Systemless

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 19th, 2005, 7:56 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2005, 8:18 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
RS Status: Classic
ya know, I'm sure this is really possible !!

Only thing (not likely though) if a member has no p2p hi-score stats, he'd be counted as F2P.

But it would just pick out the users that have no P2P hi-scores.

I'm sure Mike & Shane could do it, but it might take a while.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2005, 10:23 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: General aj01
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: None
that's an excellent idea but one thing what happens when i become a f2p and i still have my p2p high scores?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2005, 5:33 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I think that is a complicated idea, cause we have no way of knowing for sure if someone is a f2p person, or not because anyone with all member skills under 30 would be considered a free player, even though they might really be a member

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2005, 2:39 am 
to solve the problem with the members looking like f2p, there could be several solutions:

- when registring for the highscores / signature one has to select an option, whether you are a member (or have been one). To avoid every member signing up for the f2p highscores there should be a possibility to ban users that are known to be members, but registred as f2p.

- creating a highscores for f2p and members, but couting only the f2p skills. This way the members still have a small advantage, because training f2p skills might be faster for members. But most members are training the members-only skills as well, and they dont count for the f2p highscores, beeing a disadvantage for members.

- taking only those into the f2p highscores that are in the jagex highscores with all their f2p skills (this isnt really hard). Then it can be checked with the overall lvl from the jagex highscores, wether there are some additional members skills, and the player has been member once. This way only those members could make it into the f2p highscores, that did never lvl up any of their members skils, what should be really rare.

You are right mike, there is no way to create f2p highscores, that lists only those that never played as members. But I think one of the above solutions (or a combination of them), would still be cool. How difficult would it be to realise this technicaly?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RSBandB » RuneScape Bits & Bytes Site » F2P Highscores Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]