Post subject: [Informer Article] The Herblore Burst
PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 12:47 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
This November we started off with fresh content spoilers from RuneFest. The first piece of content that warranted some discussion was The Church of You... and you, You, and You... from Jason. The next article touched on a recent trend, combining skilling and PvM. Lord Rickles talked about how the recent Rise of the Six barrows expansion helps this cause. This month Jagex also allowed players to enter a contest to name unicorn companions, Alex talked about the limited nature of this contest. Finally we have a guest article from Pyrnassius covering the much loved and much hated Prestige system.

This month we had two gaming articles! The first is an article that I have been meaning to write for the better part of a year but other ideas prevailed. I covered just what exactly I do in another game I play, Star Trek Online. Our second gaming article from Duke Juker gives some tips for one of our common PC Gaming Event games, Half Life 2: Deathmatch. These tips are useful since playing Half Life 2: Deathmatch isn't as easy as it may seem.

The November Herblore Skill of The Month was interesting to say the least! At first it looked like Tim was going to run away with the competition. Then, after, it seemed as though Jamandy52 was going to keep up a constant experience gain until Tim released another burst of Herblore energy. At the end of the month Jamandy52 prevailed with 20,936,667 Herblore experience gained. A truly impressive feat!

Here is your trophy:

Also we would like to give an honourable mention to Morumska for coming in third with 1.8 million experience gained.

This month sees the return of our featured article from years past. This month we go back to August 2009 to look at a piece of the Construction skill that is still the same! Back in August 2009 Alex talked about The Menagerie, the room where pets can reside and you can recharge your Summoning points. If you don't have a Menagerie, read this and you just might decide to invest in one.

I'd also like to remind everyone that we're looking for writers to join us at Informer. If you like RuneScape and you have an interest in writing, you should definitely consider applying. You can find more information on how to apply on our forums.

That's all for this month and we'll be back for the first roundup of 2014 in one month!

This was originally posted as an Informer FrontPage article.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 12:47 am 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: [Informer Article] The Herblore Burst
PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 9:25 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
That contest was a LOT of fun. That last couple days I kept checking in on tim to see if he was training at all. I was determined to win! :)

Pyrnassius, I really liked that prestige article! You summed up exactly how I feel quite well! :)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 8:52 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
Great win and hard fought battle in the Skill of the Month! Congrats JamAndy!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2013, 7:56 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
Thanks rickles!