Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Urgent Security Update!!
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:25 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
RS Status: Classic
We have had a few reports of RS account hacking from users here on RS B&B. We have found out the cause of this. If any of you have download the "new version" of SwiftSwitch from the post that the user Halo2 made, immediately scan your computer with an AntiVirus software immediately.

We have found out that this link did not take you to the real SwiftSwitch site, but downloaded a keylogged version of the program. If you have downloaded SwiftSwitch from the official site, do not worry as it does not contain any viruses or anything.

A warning for the future, never download a program from a site other than it's official website, as it cannot be verified as legitimate. If you have downloaded this or fell you may have been hacked, some of the best things to do are to change your password (on another unaffected computer) and scan your computer and remove any keyloggers. The staff here at RS B&B work as hard as we can to make sure all links given are safe.

Thanks,
RS B&B Staff

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:25 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Urgent Security Update!!
PostPosted: March 1st, 2005, 11:56 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Enkidutorix
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Damage Incorporated
Dan wrote:
We have had a few reports of RS account hacking from users here on RS B&B. We have found out the cause of this. If any of you have download the "new version" of SwiftSwitch from the post that the user Halo2 made, immediately scan your computer with an AntiVirus software immediately.

We have found out that this link did not take you to the real SwiftSwitch site, but downloaded a keylogged version of the program. If you have downloaded SwiftSwitch from the official site, do not worry as it does not contain any viruses or anything.

A warning for the future, never download a program from a site other than it's official website, as it cannot be verified as legitimate. If you have downloaded this or fell you may have been hacked, some of the best things to do are to change your password (on another unaffected computer) and scan your computer and remove any keyloggers. The staff here at RS B&B work as hard as we can to make sure all links given are safe.

Thanks,
RS B&B Staff

Ok, i rogered that! Information received 5/5!

RsbandB member #189

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 3:22 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: devinmsz
RS Status: Classic
yea learn from my mastakes, i downloeded swift switch and the next day boom! i was hacked, probly by some noob f2p hacker, why, cuz i didnt listen to the warnings and i downloeded an unofical and un protected program

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2005, 3:30 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: As Above
RS Status: P2P
i only trust the offical client now......thanks for the warning dan :?

Saradomin Disciple
Legends Quest Completed!!!
CURRENT SLAYER ASSIGNMENT: UNNASIGNED

Feel free to PM in game, RSN: calcium878, just tell me that your are from RSBANDB :lol:

Click here to go to the RSBandB Unnoficial Drop Party Thread!!!