Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near mercury
PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 3:05 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Ablazin Scar
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Ablazin cc
"Is a giant, cloaked spaceship orbiting around Mercury?

That's been the speculation from some corners aftera camera onboard NASA's STEREO spacecraft caught a wave of electronically charged material shooting out from the sun and hitting Mercury.

Theorists have seized on the images captured from the "coronal mass ejection" (CME) last week as suggestive of alien life hanging out in our own cosmic backyard. Specifically, the solar flare washing over Mercury appears to hit another object of comparable size. "It's cylindrical on either side and has a shape in the middle. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it's cloaked," YouTube-user siniXster said in his video commentary on the footage, which has generated hundreds of thousands of views this week. Now, how this user was able to determine that the object was "obviously" a cloaked spaceship with no other natural explanation remains as much a mystery as the object itself.
Of course, there's another scientifically sanctioned explanation for the curious images, though we're not certain that skeptics and UFO enthusiasts such as SiniXster will endorse it. Natalie Wolchover of Life's Little Mysteries put the question to scientists in the solar physics branch at the United States Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). They're the people who analyze data from the Heliospheric Imager-1 (HI-1)--better known in this context as the camera that shot the footage in question.

Head NRL group scientist Russ Howard and lead ground systems engineer Nathan Rich say the mysterious object is in fact Mercury itself. And what we're seeing in the footage is the equivalent of Mercury's wake, "where the planet was on the previous day," as it travels through the solar system on its natural gravitational path"
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/mysterious-planet-sized-object-spotted-near-mercury-154443870.html

Image[/center]

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 3:05 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near mercury
PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 9:13 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: drndog
RS Status: F2P
It's about time they got here....

But seriously that's awesome. I've always been intrigued by life on other planets, and now there's some solid evidence to back it up. :D

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 11:29 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
some people are claiming it is a cloaked ship.
i think it's completely bogus.

i think it's just a solar flare that just turned into that shape. it's like looking at a cloud.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 4:26 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
I'm not convinced in the least bit. And I'll tell you why.

This sort of energy is called magnetic wind and is created by sun flares, as the article states. It is called "wind" because it acts very similar to how wind does in its movement through open space and around objects. Think of a dust storm or snow blowing in the wind and how fluid its movement is. This same sort of magnetic wind is what makes the wispy patterns of the Northern Lights.

Now, when wind hits an object, it takes the path of least resistance to continue its flow. However, consider wind tunnel tests where they use smoke to show air resistance. Often times when wind confronts an object, it will create a swirling pattern in front of the object. A pickup with its tail gate up makes this very visible, creating a pocket of trapped air in front of the tailgate. Watch this video HERE to see what I'm talking about.

I believe this is what is happening here. Whatever shape this pattern takes, like Trekkie said, is like saying a cloud looks like a bunny or an elephant.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 12:55 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Lord Rickles wrote:
Now, when wind hits an object, it takes the path of least resistance to continue its flow. However, consider wind tunnel tests where they use smoke to show air resistance. Often times when wind confronts an object, it will create a swirling pattern in front of the object. A pickup with its tail gate up makes this very visible, creating a pocket of trapped air in front of the tailgate. Watch this video HERE to see what I'm talking about.

I believe this is what is happening here. Whatever shape this pattern takes, like Trekkie said, is like saying a cloud looks like a bunny or an elephant.

That's true, but remember that Mercury is a round, spherical planet, and by going off the hypothesis that air will take the path of least resistance, it would not curl around like that up against the planet. If it worked like that, then airplanes wouldn't be able to fly due to the air resistance being pushed against the front of the wing.

(Instead, the reason they can fly is because the wing is "slicing" through the air, pushing the upper slice of air upwards and forcing the lower slice to "refill" the displacement, causing lift.)

Also, this is the vacuum of space we're talking about. Air takes the path of least resistance because there's surrounding air to force it in thanks to pressure. However, in the vacuum of space, there is no pressure to influence the air, so it wouldn't curve around anyways.

And even you're right; if it was happening due to the air wanting to refill its lost position, we should be seeing the solar flare on the back side of Mercury, AFTER it hits. Not before. Again, plane analogy.

That being said, there is clearly an object there. Although, there's always the chance that it's an asteroid or something; perhaps closer to the camera to make it look as big as Mercury.