Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Stanley cup
PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 1:39 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
RS Status: P2P
All I got to say is Giroux suspension is crap. Shannahan needs to get his act together and find some consistency. Torres completely deserved his suspension, same with Neal. Shea Weber smashed a players head into a board and got squat! Like Giroux said himself elbow was down and didn't leave his feet, he deserved what he got a 2- minute minor. They need to make some sort of grading system or chart to determine suspensions because letting this clown do it is about as consistent as Boucher in net last year.

Black Member 2-6-10

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 1:39 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 1:58 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I think it's been quite consistent that when the head is targeted and the principal point of contact with the position of the head not changing "immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit", no previous history of the checker, and no injury you get suspended one game lol. It was also late.
MacArthur got suspended double that for less of a hit where Abdelkader dramatically flops down and then gets up immediately and goes after him so XD

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 6:11 am 
Runite Member

Exactly he suspends MacArthur for two games and Shea Weber intentionally smashes a players into the boards and gets a $10,000 fine. That just doesn't make sense to me. Raffi Torres suspension is completely reasonable he left his feet targeted the head, and injured Hossa. It ju st seems like to me he's extremely inconsistent

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 8:26 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
The suspension was fine imo it was the right call. Weither it was consistent is another matter.

Calling it now kings - rangers final. Kings to win it. Seems Phoenix have a new owner too. Perhaps they wont be moving just yet.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 10:09 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Well he is targeting hits to the head and boarding. I think he's been pretty consistent with those. But I feel the suspensions serve more as an example that the onus is not on the player being hit to keep their head up or not face the boards or not put themselves in vulnerable positions but the onus is on the checker to not make these hits whether intentionally or recklessly. As opposed to being punishment. Torres was punishment though, you look at what happened and then hear 25 games for that and it's kind of like wtf but then you're like oh yeah he's been disciplined how many times for doing that exact thing before?

Whereas there was no example to set with Weber, not many players confuse the NHL with the WWE. It's just something you don't do. You don't need to pound it into every players head for a whole year. Dunno where I'm going with that since I'm not saying Weber shouldn't have been suspended but regardless , Giroux's was still deserved. Funny that it was Bertuzzi of all people who goes after Weber though XD At least he didn't have to concuss Weber and fracture some vertebrae this time
And at least Weber had been pushed or something before hand to frustrate him. At least it wasn't a great idea on stopping a breakaway:

wtf xd

I know where you're coming from though. Shaw deserved to be suspended but so did Lucic or whoever decided to make absolutely no effort avoid Miller. Rome deserved to be supposed but so did Bergeron when he took out Raymond. The entire Boston team deserves to be suspended. Especially Thomas. BRUINS SUCK AHHUGH STOP DESTROYING TORONTO

Anyways has an 8th seed ever won the Stanley Cup? I don't think the kings will but we'll see.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 3:27 pm 
Runite Member

I think the Devils would beat the kings in the Stanley Cup Final if they can pressure the kings like they did to the Flyers. About the Bruins being suspended. Thomas definitively deserved to be suspended, he's gotten away with pounding people with his blocker numerous times.

Black Member 2-6-10

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 3:27 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: May 11th, 2012, 5:54 am 

Pennstate315 wrote:
I think the Devils would beat the kings in the Stanley Cup Final if they can pressure the kings like they did to the Flyers. About the Bruins being suspended. Thomas definitively deserved to be suspended, he's gotten away with pounding people with his blocker numerous times.

You think so? I think the devils, kings and Coyotes are all very similiar. I think out of the 3 the devils are probably the weakest. Coyotes will probably be there toughest test but if they can beat them i think they take the cup. They took out the canucks and blues. And they wasn't close either they dominated.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2012, 12:33 pm 
Runite Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Pennstate315 wrote:

You think so? I think the devils, kings and Coyotes are all very similiar. I think out of the 3 the devils are probably the weakest. Coyotes will probably be there toughest test but if they can beat them i think they take the cup. They took out the canucks and blues. And they wasn't close either they dominated.

I dont know, it would be nice for Brodeur to win another cup and retire. go out on top.

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 4:41 am 

Jesus. I thought the coyotes would put up a challenge. Kings are dominating.

Unless something changes this will be over quick. They've lost one game during the play offs and that was against vancouver. That's it.

Gotta love how brown gets a penalty for this. Mental. Really don't think he was trying to sell that one. Coyotes playing pretty dirty so far.