Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Most Influental Bands?
PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 8:00 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Which bands do you think were the most influental back in their times? Can be from any genre.

I'd have to say that The Beatles sure influented music alot. They were in the first bands to exist. They're definatly one of the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed bands in the history of popular music.

Led Zeppelin was also surely influental also.

Another band would be Black Sabbath, they kind of created Heavy Metal, so without them, Maybe there would be no metal today?
According to Wikipedia, Black Sabbath gave inspiration to the following bands
Metallica, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Iced Earth, Opeth, Pantera, Megadeth, The Smashing Pumpkins, Slipknot, the Foo Fighters, Fear Factory, Candlemass, and Godsmack.

---
What about you ? Which bands do you think were the most influental?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 8:00 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: The Most Influental Bands?
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 8:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tjbartz_2009
RS Status: P2P
As weird as this is going to sound,

Lil Wayne

He is a huge influence on the Rap Industry. He has become not only "The Best Rapper Alive" but he is one of the most demanded rappers to have featured on a song. He has been around for 10+ years too. He isnt new at all, he has worked for where he is now.

I kno there is a ******* more information on him but thats just a small summary if you wanna even call it that

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 9:38 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
I have to say Ice Cube is pretty influential. I know a lot of rap artists/groups (Insane Clown Posse, Snoop Dogg, several others) who have listened to him, or been featured in a song by him. He was pretty badass back in the day, too. He will always be on my top 5 most influential rappers.

Metallica is also a (if not THE) most influential band ever. They have influenced so many people to start a band, or have given bands other styles to try to use. They'll be on my top 5 most influential rock/metal bands forever.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 9:43 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Bkg
Clan Name: Applesauce
Michael Jackson, The Beatles, and Band Aid. Clever play on words for the last one, I gotta say. :P

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 9:52 pm 
Dragon Member

Quote:
Metallica is also a (if not THE) most influential band ever. They have influenced so many people to start a band, or have given bands other styles to try to use. They'll be on my top 5 most influential rock/metal bands forever.

Metallica was the most influental METAL band of the 80s, not ever.
They were in the first generation of Trash Metal along with Slayer,Anthrax and Megadeth. They got known at their second album Ride The Lightning (1984). They have ''dropped'' alot after the self-titled album Metallica (a.k.a The Black Album) but they are still very succesful. Allmusic said themselves that Metallica is the most influental and succesful Heavy Metal band of the 80s. They have sold 90+ Millions albums worldwide (57 at the USA).

Metallica is for sure THE band who inspired a good part of today's Metal bands. Without them, Metal would not be what it is today.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 9:57 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
Iron Maiden wrote:
Quote:

They were in the first generation of Trash Metal along with Slayer,Anthrax and Megadeth. They got known at their second album Ride The Lightning (1984). They have ''dropped'' alot after the self-titled album Metallica (a.k.a The Black Album) but they are still very succesful. Allmusic said themselves that Metallica is the most influental and succesful Heavy Metal band of the 80s. They have sold 90+ Millions albums worldwide (57 at the USA).

Metallica is for sure THE band who inspired a good part of today's Metal bands. Without them, Metal would not be what it is today.

Just a bit of trivia for you, but did you know that the singer of Megadeth (It's late and I'm stupid, can't remember his name) was the first guitarist for Metallica until he got fired for sucking and then formed Megadeth?

Who would you call the most influential metal band ever, then?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 9:57 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 10:05 pm 
Dragon Member

Steven wrote:
Iron Maiden wrote:
Quote:

Just a bit of trivia for you, but did you know that the singer of Megadeth (It's late and I'm stupid, can't remember his name) was the first guitarist for Metallica until he got fired for sucking and then formed Megadeth?

Who would you call the most influential metal band ever, then?

His name is Dave Mustaine. Of course I knew it, When you're speaking of music like Metallica, I surely know what I am talking about.

There is no real most influental metal band ever, They have all contribued, in their ways, to what is metal nowdays.
But I believe Black Sabbath would have created the Heavy Metal, so I'd stick with them. Ozzy being a symbol to Heavy Metal world.