Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 7:16 am 
i had also gotten another one that said the same thing but this time it said it was from "support@jagex.com"

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 7:16 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:26 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Yea well I think faking email addresses is pretty easy buy don't ask me I've never tryed it.. and don't really want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:29 pm 
Dragon Member

meatwad3 wrote:
Just dont trust any emails from jagex. They said they will never email you and if you get a email delete it!

i thought jagex said they will never send you a mail with an attachment, they still send you emails, in fact, i got one before for losing password i can't remember and can't find it. but you should trust support@jagex.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:39 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Rocket2004 wrote:
meatwad3 wrote:
Just dont trust any emails from jagex. They said they will never email you and if you get a email delete it!

i thought jagex said they will never send you a mail with an attachment, they still send you emails, in fact, i got one before for losing password i can't remember and can't find it. but you should trust support@jagex.com

Well it depends... in most cases you should NOT trust it though, because emails are easy to fake. But use your common sense and don't tell them your password or username or anything, or enter it on another site then runescape.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:40 pm 
Dragon Member

mike12088 wrote:
Rocket2004 wrote:
meatwad3 wrote:

Well it depends... in most cases you should NOT trust it though, because emails are easy to fake. But use your common sense and don't tell them your password or username or anything, or enter it on another site then runescape.com

exactly what i was saying,

the
support@jagex.com will only send you password and stuff, not asking for your stuff, if they ask they'd ask in customer support

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2004, 7:18 am 
who ever did this went to alot of trouble i clicked on the link and it takes be to a fake runescape and looks totally the same. but you have to log on into you account mangement.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 31st, 2004, 7:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2005, 10:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
this is ridiculous...oh my gosh
hope people wont get on this trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2005, 4:00 pm 
Runite Member

Jagex specifically stated that they will not be using e-mail to get intouch with you at any means! They only use customer support.

If you open these e-mails you are just putting yourself/rs/copmuter at risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2005, 9:56 am 
Lmao, my mate from real life got one of them, but it wasn't actually in an email. It was on a site, and somebody had very cleverly put as a hyperlink 'Runescape' and then when you got on it, it takes you to a site exactly the same as the runescape site...

The only reason we figured it out was when at the top we say the address, wasn't http://www.runescape.com and so...

But still, very clever indeed..