Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elder Scrolls MMORPG
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 10:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Static Muse
RS Status: Classic
http://www.destructoid.com/elder-scroll ... 3151.phtml

WOW!!! I can't wait to get this when it comes out and can't wait to see what goes on about it for the next few years! I heard that it isn't on the PC but will be released on the next version of the Xbox...
:shock:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 10:44 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Elder Scrolls MMORPG
PostPosted: December 15th, 2007, 8:46 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
RS Status: P2P
OH MY GOD AWESOME!! I loved it when I had my functioning Xbox 360, so I will definately get this! Thanks for finding this!

PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 1:02 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
Oh wow, that's what that game needed so badly.

Sounds great =D>

PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 9:28 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: FungiMonarch
Clan Name: The Hot Nuns of Taverley
I agree with Ret. Elder Scrolls really needed to make the transition. I like Oblivion, but no one likes playing alone :(

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 2:27 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
If the combat doesn't get a rework, sorry i wont even look twice at it.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:45 am 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:

Oh puh-lease, it's already 100 times better than the common "attack creature and wait for it to die" combat system. :roll:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:45 am 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 5:27 am 

Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

Oh puh-lease, it's already 100 times better than the common "attack creature and wait for it to die" combat system. :roll:

Why because you press the same lame button over and over AND OVER again till it dies instead? While running backwards once in awhile to use the heal?

Woopey. It was boring as hell.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 5:40 am 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

Why because you press the same lame button over and over AND OVER again till it dies instead? While running backwards once in awhile to use the heal?

Woopey. It was boring as hell.

No wonder you died at the arena then. xD

Yeah, maybe that game isn't for you. You'd get killed by everyone if you use that kind of fighting technique.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 5:54 am 

What the hell do you mean technique. XD

THERE IS NO TECHNIQUE. It's just hack n slash, it's been done for so long now. Thief 1 had the exact same bloody combat system as oblivion. XD Except thief's was better.

You could do spells and fire arrows as well and when was that made? 1998. That's how dated oblivions combat is.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 5:58 am 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:

THERE IS NO TECHNIQUE. It's just hack n slash, it's been done for so long now.

Rotfl? Never heard of block, movement and special attacks?

As i said earlier, no wonder you died at the arena (pretty pathetic tbh) if all you do is use the attack button and heal. :roll:

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 6:10 am 

Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

As i said earlier, no wonder you died at the arena (pretty pathetic tbh) if all you do is use the attack button and heal. :roll:

O gee revolutionary@@

Like i said the combat system blows, you can insult me all you like over it OMG PATHETIC YLOL it wont change the fact that the combat in oblivion sucks.

It's slow, it's clunky, when i hit something i can't even tell how much LIFE it has left i have absolutley no idea how many more times I've got to hit this stupid thing for it to die.

Any spells that might get thrown at me again are slow, the combat is SLOW. I can dodge most of those attacks. Any attacks you make towards things are repetitive and boring to watch. The AI isn't clever or tactical it just constantly ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK non-stop.

You can only ever map one spell to your controller at a time, so you have to bloody flick through menus to switch it around which BLOWS it just slows the already slow combat down further. The heal spell sucks it's so patheticly weak that you have to go through the same GOD DAM repetitive motion OVER and OVER to heal your bloody self. And YES i know you can make a better spell it's just a bloody pity you have to go through an ENTIRE storyline to do it.

My sword even freaking BREAKS halfway through a fight sometimes, what the **** is that? I don't care if it's realistic or whatever it's bloody idiotic, the same as it's idiotic if I'm carrying to much i suddenly can't bloody move. WHAT THE -HELL- POSES YOU TO PUT SUCH A STUPID IDEA INTO A VIDEO GAME?

Think of poor old Frodo trekking to destroy the ring but SUDDENLY HE CAN'T MOVE, hes picked one apple to many! Stupid bloody rubbish, that isn't FUN, that isn't EPIC that isn't at all INTERESTING that's just going ONE step to bloody far in the RPG department and sucking the fun out of your already repetitive, crap combat system.

The ranging is rubbish, trying to fire those bows is just an annoyance, if you get attacked from behind or something it wont inform you WHERE your being hit from it just presumes you know, even though sometimes there might be more than one enemy around.

I can't attack things on my bloody horse.

There's no big epic monsters for me to kill, although even if there was the weak combat system would make it lame.

I hated going into caves because of STUPID BORING LAME TAKE-TO-LONG-TO-KILL monsters that sucked the fun out of it all and EVEN THEN if i looted a chest chances are i wouldn't be able to MOVE.

I'm DONE. I could write ESSAYS on why the combat blows but i wont. I'm finished. Oblivions combat is some of the worst and for a game so heavily based around combat, it's a very big bloody flaw.

Actually here:

Check out what your oh so glorious combat system is based on, see it was decent in thief cause the monsters wasn't so strong it took ages to kill them and the game wasn't built around combat, instead it was built around avoiding it.

edit: Lol i just went to look up looking glass studios to figure out what happened to them, the makers of Thief and to my surprise:

Ex-Looking Glass personnel have worked on such games as Deus Ex, Guitar Hero, Half-Life 2, Freedom Force, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Empire Earth II and Star Trek: Armada II among others.

O surprising. XD

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 6:42 am 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Like i said the combat system blows, you can insult me all you like over it OMG PATHETIC YLOL it wont change the fact that the combat in oblivion sucks.

No, i think it does.

Quote:
It's slow, it's clunky, when i hit something i can't even tell how much LIFE it has left i have absolutley no idea how many more times I've got to hit this stupid thing for it to die.
As it's going to be MMORPG, i suppose it's going to change.

Quote:
Any spells that might get thrown at me again are slow, the combat is SLOW. I can dodge most of those attacks.

Now you got into the point. In real life you should be able to dodge attacks, especially from a very heavy sword.

Quote:
Any attacks you make towards things are repetitive and boring to watch. The AI isn't clever or tactical it just constantly ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK non-stop.

I agree that the combat does not get into the best on Oblivion, but hey, in MMORPG you can fight real people with a pretty darn good AI.

Quote:
You can only ever map one spell to your controller at a time, so you have to bloody flick through menus to switch it around which BLOWS it just slows the already slow combat down further.

That's ABSOLUTELY going to change, considering that you can't really stop a game in MMO.

Quote:
The heal spell sucks it's so patheticly weak that you have to go through the same GOD DAM repetitive motion OVER and OVER to heal your bloody self.
You can blame your restoration level for that.

Quote:
And YES i know you can make a better spell it's just a bloody pity you have to go through an ENTIRE storyline to do it.

:-s?

Quote:
My sword even freaking BREAKS halfway through a fight sometimes, what the **** is that? I don't care if it's realistic or whatever it's bloody idiotic, the same as it's idiotic if I'm carrying to much i suddenly can't bloody move. WHAT THE -HELL- POSES YOU TO PUT SUCH A STUPID IDEA INTO A VIDEO GAME?

I thought weapons break in WoW too.

Quote:
Think of poor old Frodo trekking to destroy the ring but SUDDENLY HE CAN'T MOVE, hes picked one apple to many! Stupid bloody rubbish, that isn't FUN, that isn't EPIC that isn't at all INTERESTING that's just going ONE step to bloody far in the RPG department and sucking the fun out of your already repetitive, crap combat system.

Frodo isn't old.

Quote:
The ranging is rubbish, trying to fire those bows is just an annoyance, if you get attacked from behind or something it wont inform you WHERE your being hit from it just presumes you know, even though sometimes there might be more than one enemy around.

Well duh, it's better than on RS, where you wield it on right hand and kill greater demons behing some goddamn cage where they can't even fight back.

Quote:

Yeah, that blows.

Quote:
There's no big epic monsters for me to kill, although even if there was the weak combat system would make it lame.

Yeah, that blows too.

I don't see how other MMORPG's combat system is less lame that Oblivion's but oh well.

Quote:
I hated going into caves because of STUPID BORING LAME TAKE-TO-LONG-TO-KILL monsters that sucked the fun out of it all and EVEN THEN if i looted a chest chances are i wouldn't be able to MOVE.

Once again, blame your stats for that.

Quote:
I'm DONE. I could write ESSAYS on why the combat blows but i wont. I'm finished. Oblivions combat is some of the worst and for a game so heavily based around combat, it's a very big bloody flaw.

Atleast in oblivion you can actually FIGHT, instead of the boring "Attack and wait for the monster to die" system.

Quote:
Check out what your oh so glorious combat system is based on, see it was decent in thief cause the monsters wasn't so strong it took ages to kill them and the game wasn't built around combat, instead it was built around avoiding it.

I never said that Oblivion had a glorious combat system. I said that it's better than on WoW or RS or GW.

You know what RPG has a glorious combat system? FABLE! *goes to play Fable*

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 3:09 pm 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

O gee revolutionary@@

Any spells that might get thrown at me again are slow, the combat is SLOW. I can dodge most of those attacks. Any attacks you make towards things are repetitive and boring to watch. The AI isn't clever or tactical it just constantly ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK non-stop.

You can only ever map one spell to your controller at a time, so you have to bloody flick through menus to switch it around which BLOWS it just slows the already slow combat down further. The heal spell sucks it's so patheticly weak that you have to go through the same GOD DAM repetitive motion OVER and OVER to heal your bloody self. And YES i know you can make a better spell it's just a bloody pity you have to go through an ENTIRE storyline to do it.

Actually here:

edit: Lol i just went to look up looking glass studios to figure out what happened to them, the makers of Thief and to my surprise:

Ex-Looking Glass personnel have worked on such games as Deus Ex, Guitar Hero, Half-Life 2, Freedom Force, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Empire Earth II and Star Trek: Armada II among others.

O surprising. XD

alongside all that, the game is just... crap, to say the least. i played it for about an hour once from start and from halfway through game and its just poor... didnt take my fancy AT ALL.

Dragon Member #49 as of|25/11/2006
SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 7:58 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
CreepyPirate wrote:
You can only ever map one spell to your controller at a time, so you have to bloody flick through menus to switch it around which BLOWS it just slows the already slow combat down further.

No. It's called the D-pad hotkeys. Have a spell selected in the menu, hold y, press one of the 8 directions. You can have 8 spells and switch instantly between them. :P

But you're clearly biased about the game, so I won't bother to argue your other points. It will just be a waste of my time, as you will just shoot down any arguement with "The combat system sucks (because I'm bad at it)."

As for the new game, I really hope it comes out. I would like to try it.

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

PostPosted: December 20th, 2007, 5:34 am 

ryan1 wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

No. It's called the D-pad hotkeys. Have a spell selected in the menu, hold y, press one of the 8 directions. You can have 8 spells and switch instantly between them. :P

But you're clearly biased about the game, so I won't bother to argue your other points. It will just be a waste of my time, as you will just shoot down any arguement with "The combat system sucks (because I'm bad at it)."

As for the new game, I really hope it comes out. I would like to try it.

-HOW- can i be bad at it? XD Twice this has been said i would love to know how when it's a matter of pulling a trigger to swing your sword.

That is the full extent of it's melee based combat.

If i want to fire a bow guess what? I have to fiddle about with it's crap rubbish bow and just let go and fire! That's -it-. Oh but ranging takes some skill actually, skill to abuse the stupid npc and just stand on top of a rock while it mindlessly walks into the rocks side while i shoot it from above. Half an hour later and it finally dies to my arrows.

Fun fun fun!

I'll give you maging, the spells gives you a bit of variety. But it's an RPG, I've never liked being a mage so why should i be forced to use it just to get some half decent fun out of it?

Face facts, the combat is crap and so far the only come back i've heard on that is WELL UR JUST BAD AT IT@@

p.s no one dare quote me and point out that lame bloody special attack you get with melee, that thing is so pathetic it's laughable.