Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Where to train combat magic from level-1 to level-99
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 3:40 pm 
Where to Train combat magic from lvl-1 to level-99
By Emp

Due to popular demand and boredom I decided to write a combat magic training guide now, many of you may train magic with alchemy and teleport spells, but true mages need HP too (and some of us just die out of boredom from alching all day long), so here is how to train with combat magic.

Items needed (F2P): Mind runes, Fire runes (optional), Air runes, Earth runes (optional), Staff of Fire, Staff of Earth (Optional), Chaos runes, Wizard robes, and a sapphire amulet.

Items needed (P2P): Mind runes, Fire runes (optional), Air runes, Staff of Fire, Earth runes, Chaos runes, Wizard robes, Dragonstone amulet, Mystic Robes, Splitbark armor, food (Lobsters are preferred), and a slayer’s staff.

Stats Required (P2P only): 55 Slayer, 40 defense (get it ASAP), and any stat requirements for the quests im about to mention.

Quests that MUST be completed (P2P): Shilo Village, Family Crest (not really needed, but chaos gauntlets are a plus for any serious mage), Zogre Flesh Eaters (Undead ogres may be another target for crumble undead, but I need to confirm this), Shades of Mort’ton (if you want to get the fine clothes by yourself), and any other quest that is a requirement for the above ones.

The Perfect AFK Magic Training (P2P ONLY): Rune full armor, granite shield, slayer’s staff, air runes, chaos runes, earth runes, defense amulet (Not dragonstone), dragon vambraces, and metallic boots.

A.) Combat Magic Training Spells (CMTS for short):

1.) Wind Strike until level-13
2.) Fire Strike until level-35

At this point you can now choose between cheap levels or faster levels.

3.) Fire Strike until level-50
OR
4.) Fire Bolt until level- 50
5.) Crumble Undead until level-60
6.) Crumble Undead until level-99
OR
7.) Slayer Dart until level-99 (most expensive of all CMTS, but you can defeat big enemies to pay for the runes)

B.) F2P Magic Training areas (Pics coming soon!):

1.) Crafting Guild Cows (From level-1 to level-25 magic): Yes, If you read my melee training guide you’d know that I suggest this as a basic area, why? Simple, cows have an extremely low defense against slash, magic, and ranged attacks.

2.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows (From level-25 to 49 magic): Use your Fire strike and/or Fire bolt behind the fence, if you happen to get attacked by another player then use a varrock teleport to get away or let him know how bolt spells work at lower levels :lol:.

3.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows (From level-49 to level-99): Now bring an Earth staff, air runes, and chaos runes to cast crumble undead (F2P need to cast manually though), this spell is simply great exp for the price (in comparison to every other spell).

As you may notice mages are a rather neglected class on F2P when it comes to training, but in P2P this changes.

C.) P2P Magic Training Areas:

1.) Crafting Guild Cows (From level-1 to level-25 magic): Yes, If you read my melee training guide you’d know that I suggest this as a basic area, why? Simple, cows have an extremely low defense against slash, magic, and ranged attacks.

2.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows (From level-25 to 49 magic): Use your Fire strike and/or Fire bolt behind the fence, if you happen to get attacked by another player then use a varrock teleport to get away or let him know how bolt spells work at lower levels :lol:.

3.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows (From level-49 to level-99): Now bring an Earth staff, air runes, and chaos runes to cast crumble undead (F2P need to cast manually though), this spell is simply great exp for the price (in comparison to every other spell), if you are a member then I suggest getting 55 slayer at this point for autocasting crumble undead with the slayer’s staff.

4.) Edgeville Wilderness Dungeon (From level-49 to level-99): For this place you need a rather high defense (about 85) and the splitbark armor I mentioned above to fight the level-45 skeletons, this is a semi-AFK spot for mages if you use Fire Strike or Bolt, but I recommend using Crumble undead here, because the exp will be incredible if you do.

5.) Shilo Village <Inside the village> (From level-49 to level-99): Stay 1 square from the gate AT ALL TIMES, after the undead ones are killed (I suggest Crumble Undead) they release some sort of green smoke that will damage you by 3-4s.

6.) Zogre Ceremonial Grounds (From level-49 to level-99): Zogres are ogre zombies level-44, you may also find Skogres which are Skeleton Ogres, picking up the bones may be a good way to pay for the runes as soon as the market on these new bones stabilizes.

7.) Magic Guild Basement (From level-66 to level-99): This is an okay place, I’d strongly recommend the use of crumble undead (autocast of the slayer’s staff would be a BIG plus), if you run out of elementals just buy them in the first floor.

This is the magic guild shopping floor (first floor):

D.) The Perfect Magic AFK Technique:

Mages are the only ones able to do a completely perfect AFK training at the cost of runes of course (crumble undead works best here), gather the items stated in the top of the guide and head to karamja or edgeville dungeon (you could go anywhere else with a low level skeleton/zombie/ghost, but I just liked the places), now you should be wearing Rune full, granite shield, dragon vambraces, defense amulet, slayer’s staff, a cape (no god cape), and some metallic boots, if you have confirmed that you are wearing this and have about -55 to -66 magic attack then proceed to attack the low level undead (level-20s is the best), you should notice that the spells splat and you do not deal any damage, but still gain the basic crumble undead exp (49exp), this way you will never kill the monster and with a decent defense level (75+) you will not need much food if any at all.

E.) The use of slayer dart

Slayer dart is the spell that has the best balance of cost, experience, and damage (crumble undead gives all of these, but can only be used on undead enemies) with a max damage of 18 at level-50 for the cost of only 4 mind runes and 1 death rune this spell should work more than great in slaying NPCs that drop good items to pay for the cost of the runes.

I would personally recommend killing Metal Dragons, but there are many more NPCs that you can kill to make up for the cost of the runes such as green dragons, blue dragons, black demons, and black dragons.

If you are a level-79+ magician (with VERY GOOD luck) seeking for loot, then you should try the barrows, since most of the spirits there are melee based, magic makes it extremely easy to kill with the slayer dart in combination with entangle.

Note: I wouldn’t usually recommend places for loot, but since combat magic is so expensive I couldn’t leave that behind, but understand that this guide’s priority is to obtain exp as fast as you can, not loot.

List of Updates:

-5/21/2005: Images added to the guide.
-5/20/2005: Crumble undead can be used on skogres and zogres
-5/19/2005: Colors added to the guide.

Last edited by Emp on May 21st, 2005, 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 3:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 4:35 pm 
the AFK training is very clever. i would have never thought of doing something like that.

another well written guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2005, 4:38 pm 
gardner28 wrote:
the AFK training is very clever. i would have never thought of doing something like that.

8) I dont think anyone has 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 1:13 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
You can use crumble undead on Slash Bash, the boss in the Zogre Flesh Eaters Quest, so I assume you can use it on normal zogres and those other things also.

Very Nice Guide!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 12:05 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: burnintrees
RS Status: P2P
after seeing this guide i made a mage...lol...hes lvl 35 magic rite now so ima go train him in the wildy..

also great guide and very....inspireing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 1:54 pm 
Chief. Snake wrote:
You can use crumble undead on Slash Bash, the boss in the Zogre Flesh Eaters Quest, so I assume you can use it on normal zogres and those other things also.

Very Nice Guide!

Thanks for the info, but my friend already confirmed this for me :P and hope you get some good kills in your mage, psyco :twisted:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 1:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 4:01 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
wow man, another awesome guide! Im sure it will be even better with pics too.

One thing tho....what does AFk stand for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 5:07 pm 
King Kulla wrote:

Away From Keyboard.

it means that you can train without having to click each time. the game will continue doing it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 5:34 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
Never knew could train magic ASK :) :shock: Smart guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 6:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Alexpeeex
does any1 know how long it takes to get from 50-55 magic in graveyard of shadows? Say using fire strike?

Goals:
Level 75 in all stats [24/24]*complete*
99 Runecrafting [99/99]*complete* =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2005, 11:23 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
gardner28 wrote:
King Kulla wrote:

Away From Keyboard.

it means that you can train without having to click each time. the game will continue doing it for you.

Ok that makes this guide that much better :wink:

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: May 21st, 2005, 5:13 am 
Nice Guide Where do u get all this info??? :shock: i've read ur melee guide and this too. Are U like the guide master lol 8)

Post subject: Re: Wow
PostPosted: May 21st, 2005, 2:35 pm 
sniperxxx90 wrote:
Nice Guide Where do u get all this info??? :shock: i've read ur melee guide and this too. Are U like the guide master lol 8)

Um from my experience lol... 8) I'll work on the pics now I guess, since I have nothing to do :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2005, 2:39 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: P2P
Emp wrote:
gardner28 wrote:

I did, except i used curse instead of that crumble undead

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2005, 3:48 pm 
Rocket2004 wrote:
Emp wrote:
gardner28 wrote:

I did, except i used curse instead of that crumble undead

It's not possible to autocast curse, unless you have a new staff that nobody else has :?