Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 12:05 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Quote:
More like a noob port...
And yes, I mean immature runts.
I glanced at General Chat on HQ today,
5 posts there could've be answered if the
asker had looke at a guide or special report.

And thanks ofr that info on the behind the scenes.

Tylon

I think they prefer the imature runts to those of us who can uphold a thread and discuss a subject they rarely break rules because they just ask question after question and if they do they learn there lesson the first time and don't see the problems with there rules.
I've also been speaking to a few more mods..all is not well there..staff are not getting on to well im not going to say anymore because it's not supposed to be known and i've already been warned that i could be banned from here if im not carefull what with the close relations i would like to think mike and shane wouldn't boot me for a disagreement on hq but meh..weezy can be demanding.

I do like what she wrote in my banned thread in the mod area though "just showing him the door.." HA. To me that just proves she had some personal problem with me like she wanted me gone.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 12:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 12:49 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Chaos Tylon
Quote:
Spread the word, RuneHQ is the place to be!

That is the ending sentence of a new annoucement
on Runehq's homepage. As some of you may know,
a company known as Ethical Tools has decided to provide
financial support for HQ. With this annoucement, promises
of new things and improvements have come up.

Now tell me, this little boost in morale
couldn't possibly have anything to do with
the recent leaving of a few of hq's choice members...
Could it?
/sarcasm

Tylon

Edit:
It seems there is a link on the main page to a part of the
forums where people are discussing the soon to come
updates. An abridged version on all the opinions would be:
"We're gonna be better than all the other fansites!
Anything else is stupid now! All hail RuneHQ!"
Note that "is" a steroetypical comment on my part,
but that seems to be the general mood.

This kills me, I really am laughing.

My levels do not reflect my knowledge, only my time...
You can't trust anyone, trust me...
Chance favors the prepared mind

If you're tired of seeing these "put this in you sig if you think this is true"
slogans in peoples signatures... don't put this in your signature!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 1:50 pm 

I saw that myself. I'm keeping a very close eye on there forums and website im interested in how there doing.
There front page seemed more to me like they was begging for members..am i the only one that got that impression? "tell your friends". I'm also confused - what exacly can you do thats so amazing and wonderfull to a website? How can they make it amazing so much so there so confident there going to get members? Also all i saw in that thread about it was big headed posters who i've never seen before bragging about how runehq will beat everyone now..how do they know that? They have no idea what it is! The post that made me laugh was "good runehq needs more dedicated posters" or something along those lines perhaps it's because every single person that posted on a reguler basis seems to be banned?
No matter how many members they drag in there they wont keep any dedicated ones for long because of there rules. That i garentee i've been around there long enough to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 2:32 pm 
Im wondering if the same scott mentioned in the announcement is the banned scott on RHQ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 9:17 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Chaos Tylon
Viralmonkey9 wrote:
Im wondering if the same scott mentioned in the announcement is the banned scott on RHQ....

Nope, there is a person on the forums know
as EthicalScott. He's the representative for Ethical Tools
(wow...really?)

Anyway, on the above mentioned post about the thread
pertaining to the future improvements fopr HQ, he posted
how he'd like pms from people on ideas.

I sent him one concerning the mods and their stictness.
Any and all reply, if I get one, will be confedential.
I'll talk if I feel it's worth discussing.

Tylon

My levels do not reflect my knowledge, only my time...
You can't trust anyone, trust me...
Chance favors the prepared mind

If you're tired of seeing these "put this in you sig if you think this is true"
slogans in peoples signatures... don't put this in your signature!

Last edited by Tylon Dragadon on June 21st, 2005, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 12:42 am 

The mod scott got banned? Now im really confused..he barley posted at all how on earth could he get banned? Hmm I'm seeing a pattern! Any hqers that try to leave get banned and any mods that quit the team get banned to! It certainly seems that way.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 12:42 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 1:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
creepybacon wrote:
The mod scott got banned? Now im really confused..he barley posted at all how on earth could he get banned? Hmm I'm seeing a pattern! Any hqers that try to leave get banned and any mods that quit the team get banned to! It certainly seems that way.

Maybe if they try to quit, the admins might think they don't like RuneHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 3:16 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
Quote:
The future looks very bright for RuneHQ

very not true... unless the reign of terror is gone(what am i trying to say?)

Quote:
Spread the word, RuneHQ is the place to be!

after pointless banning incidents lately, you think people will go to runehq? :?

i managed to go in for a while but after 5 minutes my ip got blocked again. i think i saw someone post something like

Quote:
runehq dont have anymore active members.

guess almost all the active members(me, creepy and the other "victims") were banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 8:43 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Thunderdog7
So, I came back from vacation today, log on to RuneHQ, and start browsing the General Runescape discussion forum.......

Page 1: Boring topics. Pointless polls. Not a lot of names I recognize.
Page 2: More of the same.
Page 3: I see some of the threads that were active the last time I was on....but not much new.

What's going on, I wonder? Where is everybody? "I know how to find the action," I think to myself. "I'll just do a search for Creepybacon's most recent post...." So I searched for all posts by Creepybacon.......and his last post was the 16th...a week ago! I read it, and it looked like ol' Creepy was saying goodbye.....WTF? Then I noticed the status under his name...BANNED!

So then I came here...searched some more....found this post....and now I'm wondering if I'll ever go back. The more I visit B & B, the more names I recognize...good names, good people. Tylon. Trekky. Creepy. Rafe. Ultima. Viralmonkey.

Since I'm still kinda new here, here's some background for ya: I've been with RuneHQ since it was formed from RSC a few years ago. I modded for a while, and though there is a rule prohibiting former mods from applying for modship again, I have an open invitation to return, possibly as an admin. (I questioned Weezy about that rule, she said it's to keep people from modding for a week, then quitting, then modding again, etc.) Anyway, I'm still on good terms with them, and have some knowledge of how things work "on the inside." That being said, I might be able to shed some light on this....I've seen it happen before, once while I was still a mod, and a few times since then.

Every now and then, the mods will get a little lax in their enforcement of the rules, and a little lazy in "patrolling" the forums. It's human nature, happens to everyone. So to correct this, the admins issue an order to the mods to stop being so nice, and to look more closely for rulebreakers, or else they could lose their modship. So the pendulum swings the other way...and sometimes the newer mods take it too far. (Seasoned mods know where the sweet spot is, but it takes time to learn that.) I'll bet that behind the scenes, the admins are trying to coach the new mods, but meanwhile, the forum members are getting ***** off....and getting banned. See, the RuneHQ staff is very strict about matters of privacy, and they believe that criticism of the site should be a private matter - public criticism is a big no-no there. Now, I didn't see the posts that caused all this - wish I did - but I do know that some quality people were banned while I was away. And that sucks.

Eventually, interesting new people will find their way to RuneHQ, but I'm tired of seeing my friends come and go. I've seen this happen 3 or 4 times now, and I'm tired of it. So as I said at the beginning of this post, I may just decide to stay here instead.

One more note - I'm just proposing that this is what may have happened. I have no insider info about this particular incident, so don't ask. I could be totally wrong. All I know is that most of the intelligent people I "know" are coming here.....mind if I follow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 2:06 am 

Hello t-dogg. :)

Wondering were you went to. Pokemama seems to of left now after losing her site editor position although she said she may get it back. I have seen her posting on tip as well adding to there guides so looks like shes gone there. I'm on tip, rmasters and rsbandb for now. Just helping tip get there guides up to standard and randomly posting on the other two sites. As for your guess on the privacy matter i DID pm the mod and hated the fact he just ignored me and having pmed weezy a week or two before and having her ignore me as well i got pretty much sick of there attitude and this new rule just proves it even more it screams to me:

"you get in trouble we don't want no questions about it shut up and live with it or else."

P.S There "legendary" and "amazing" things coming to the site..really aren't all that legendary or amazing..it's a treasure hunt in the site..been done before...plenty of times...and i prefer tips competitions were i can customize my own rank name. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 2:45 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
flaws of runehq's rules.

"lol rogue armor has crappy stats"

in runehq you get a warning.
in rsbandb you dont get in trouble

"bla bla bla...... and he cheated on me!! i was like wtf why did you have to do that!! and he was like.... bla bla bla"

one of the reasons rsbandb is my place now.

(not that active in rm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 9:57 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: LEWentworth
Clan Name: SCCM friends
Ultima-Kill3rz wrote:
flaws of runehq's rules.

"lol rogue armor has crappy stats"

"bla bla bla...... and he cheated on me!! i was like wtf why did you have to do that!! and he was like.... bla bla bla"

one of the reasons rsbandb is my place now.

(not that active in rm)

No we do get you pending on the suvereness The first one if it was a question no prob mabye however in a market topic yea there would be a post under from a mod or a pm to you. Same on the second it depends on the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 8:09 am 
They have gone and gave ole' Banjo the elbow now, he is the longest active member of rune hq, from the early days of RSC, I saw his post, I have a copy on my computer if anyone is interested. 10 minutes later it was gone, it was all true. I'm not banned, and don't intend on getting banned, but I do not post much any more - there is nothing to say on these topics, if you try and make an intellectual debate, people come on with their leet speak and crack some hilarious jokes. I made a topic on the European constitution, a really really important thing, and found my topic outposted by 'Does it hurt when you poo' And I am serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 11:58 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: themaster888
I have my friend keeping me up to date on HQ, and I'm posting with his account, pretending to be one of the RHQ "loyalists" who don't break any rules. If you ever see th3rang3r888 post on HQ, you'll know it's me. I can keep anybody banned from HQ up to date if you ask me.

Back on topic, Hq is really getting bad on the "pendulum swing" I think they've gone over the edge this time. I got banned because I posted a "Goodbye, I'm not gonna be here much anymore, I'll just use the marketplace" threads a day before the new rule. The old mods are leaving left and right, only leaving the newer ones who can be molded by Weezy and the others there. Of course, they're gonna tend to be a bit strict because that's what Weezy and the others are telling them to do. It's much like a child, really. I should know, I am pretty much a child (well, okay almost teen but who cares, I still remember when I was little.) They all like their power, and will do almost anything to keep it for as long as possible. My solution is to de-mod everyone, then make the intelligent posters mods, not the people who will always give you an official warning for putting a toe out of line.

Anyone up for a drop party? Click here if you are! I'll start one in your honor!

The more I study, the more I know. The more I know, the more I forget. The more I forget, the less I know, so WHY STUDY???

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 3:17 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
nah, the admins at runehq need to retire and sell the board to somebody who is nicer :)