Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bad magic number?
PostPosted: February 17th, 2005, 9:38 am 
every time i try to load rs, i get to the main title screen but it says error:bad magic number...plz help!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 17th, 2005, 9:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2005, 10:56 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
RS Status: Classic
Please post a picture, cuz I have no clue what ur talking about.

Post subject: Re: Bad magic number?
PostPosted: February 17th, 2005, 5:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
ranger_490 wrote:
every time i try to load rs, i get to the main title screen but it says error:bad magic number...plz help!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Maigc number?? Wonder if a conputer says that?? Or maybe you got a Virus or Keylogger.. Normally, a computer doesn't say magic number..sounds weird

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2005, 9:26 am 
i don't know how to post pics and i dont think i can get a pic of it anyway. i mean like, when you click on your world, then a gray screen comes up and it has to menu at the top: main menu, world map, etc etc...then it says: loading java applet, then it changes to java/client/error: client (bad magic number). sorry thats all i can really describe it. oh, and by the way, i should mention, at my school rs is blocked so i go to it useing a proxy server and thats how im doing this, but it works fine and i got java installed correctly. so i dont know whats wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2005, 4:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
ranger_490 wrote:
i don't know how to post pics and i dont think i can get a pic of it anyway. i mean like, when you click on your world, then a gray screen comes up and it has to menu at the top: main menu, world map, etc etc...then it says: loading java applet, then it changes to java/client/error: client (bad magic number). sorry thats all i can really describe it. oh, and by the way, i should mention, at my school rs is blocked so i go to it useing a proxy server and thats how im doing this, but it works fine and i got java installed correctly. so i dont know whats wrong...

For more Info about the pic..http://rsbandb.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=154
For more questions.. Post and we can help you out..