Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'd like to see…
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I'd like to see more of you welcoming new people to the community. I mean, don't go crazy posting on every topic in there all at once, but when a new member only gets 1 or 2 replies on their introduction, are they going to feel very welcome to stick around? We have a lot of people who join, only post an introduction topic and then never post again.

Feel free to post any suggestions you may have for how to make new people feel more welcome to the community. I'd like to think there are things we could do to the website to make it look more welcoming or appealing to new visitors, but most of these people say in their topics that they are hoping to make new friends. So, I think the staff can only do so much, and ultimately the burden falls upon the community. If you guys don't want anyone new around here, well just keep doing what you are doing…

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: I'd like to see…
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 9:38 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Mike wrote:
We have a lot of people who join, only post an introduction topic and then never post again.

Well, paradoxically, I think that's the reason why people don't even bother posting in Welcoming Area. Members don't welcome new users because they make a topic and never post again. And newbies decide not to post again because they might don't feel welcomed.