Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
What do you consider a Noob?
Lv 3-20 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lv 3-20 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lv 30 and lower 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Lv 30 and lower 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Lv 40 and lower 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lv 40 and lower 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
People that don't know what their doing 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
People that don't know what their doing 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Total votes: 20
 Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 8:04 am 
Hey, I got a few questions...I've been playing RS for a while but there are several things I dont know... First of all, what are pots (as in ranging)? Also whats a maze, how do you get them, and are they f2p? Also does anyone know a good place to train Strength? (My combat is 38 and my strength is 38 too) Also, can anyone tell me a good way to get alot of money in a some what short time? I havent found any other than Smithing but that takes a while...

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 8:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 2:25 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: P2P
Ok, train your combat in varrock sewers.

Mine Iron and sell it off don't smelt it or mine coal and sell it off. You may need large amounts.

Can't answer your question about the mazes coz i dont know much about them myself.

Pots are potions that increase a skill for a short period of time. Such as the strenght pot on the free world. It boosts your strenght lvl up for a period of time then gradually goes back to your normal lvl.

And about the poll, anyone who thinks a noob is based on lvl is a real ******* ;) Noobs are new people to the game that don't know what they are doing. So although my character is lvl 9 combat im not a noob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 3:58 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The maze is just a random event that you can get (I havn't gotten one yet), but you just get teleported there and have to find your way to center.

Runescape.com wrote:
You might get teleported into a large Maze by some mysterious old man, but don't worry. Find the centre and you'll be released along with a reward, the quicker you manage it the bigger your reward!

And the mazes are for f2p, the only random events that are not for free players are "watchmen", "poison gas", and "strange plants".

I consider "noobs" as people who are idiots trying to scam you OR script kiddie hAXoRs OR beggers that spend all their time walking around begging for stuff when they could of been raising skills to be able to make their own money.

"Newbies" however are people that are new to the game and are learning about the game, and are trying to do stuff on their own without begging for everything like a noob.

That's my opinion anyways.. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 6:23 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
I consider a noob or "nub" as you may hear me say, are those who do not bother searching other places before asking a question outloud somewhere on the game. Yes this is ok but not when it is a simple question that you can find answers to on the runescape website, like where does <insert name of quest here> start? The new players are ok, because they are still learning the details of the game and what to do and what to do to get their own money. I am currently on a mission to get 50 thieving, I've had numerous people ask me for my fur or silk or asking me to steal something for them. They should get the level required and steal it themself, I do not ask a level 75 thief to steal a gem for me. :roll:

In conclusion I feel it is a decision that one must make on their own whether someone is a "nub" or not. This is just merely what i think, :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 12:57 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Rangerchunge
I don call people noobs for there lvl, i call them noobs for the way the act.

for intance, this lvl 80 was calling a lvl 43 i noob, i was just watching, and you userally get the lower lvls mouthing back, but this lvl 43 jus ignored him, then i step out of the bank, and he follow's me and ask's for free stuff :? a lvl 80, following asking for free stuff :lol: now thats a noobish attitude :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 3:31 am 
Runite Member

Sure is lol. Never seen a lvl 80+ do that before :P lol

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 3:31 am 
Runite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 5:24 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: frogman11
I've seen every level noobs, lvl 100+'s and lvl 3's and up

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 7:33 am 
Thank you Savior for the help and thanks to every one else who thinks the same way i do about noobs! Im lv 38 and i ve had idiots lower then me calling me one. I dont beg nor do i ask stupid questions out loud. I also dont try to scam people so...Either know im still somewhat new, i know alot more than most, (well at least the f2p part and a lil cause i have a Lv 70 member friend who i know personally). Alright well thank you again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 8:27 am 
Another Question! Are most of the supplies for Herblore found in p2p or f2p? I cant use them but there are alot of people offering to buy them and i thought maybe i could earn a lil cash....

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2004, 3:32 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
You can get limpwurt roots and spider eggs in f2p, and they sell for quite a bit sometimes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2004, 8:28 am 
Hey I have another question. Can the full white robe or the skyblue robes be found in f2p? if not then can f2p still wear them...cause i really want to get a set...Anyone selling to an almost poor person? hehe oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2004, 1:34 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Kill All X
Darkninjajon wrote:
Hey I have another question. Can the full white robe or the skyblue robes be found in f2p? if not then can f2p still wear them...cause i really want to get a set...Anyone selling to an almost poor person? hehe oh well

nop they r p2p and f2p still cant wear

--------------
^^ Ty Mushroom Queen for the awsome sig :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2004, 10:29 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
RS Status: Classic
Noobs is not a level classification, but how they act...

If there's a lvl 10 asking for help, I don't say "shut up noob", even tho they are technically a "newbie"

But if there's a lvl 75 trying to by my.. say.. santa saying "cmon 500k gimme yer santa you f***in *******" <<thats a noob