Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round Robin: Rise of The Eclipse
PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 11:00 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
I'll be gone for 3 weeks. Proceed with my characters as you will. Don't miss me too much.

SHADOW ISLE - LAWRENCE'S OFFICE

Lime nodded, but then stood up tall, almost touching his head to the ceiling.

"I appreciate your effort," he said, "And I understand where you're getting at."

A chill went up Lawrence's spine. He didn't like where this was going.

"But I'm afraid that we just cannot leave." he said, crossing his arms. He spoke it as though a threat.

Darkrascal wasted no time in drawing a sword and pointing it at Lime.

"You're not gonna promise to leave, we're not letting you see Lord Zamorak." she said, "Simple as that."

Lime suddenly snapped.

"IF YOU HAD ANY IDEA-"

He paused, and then immediately restrained himself. Everything around him was flammable, and he didn't want to get on their bad sides. Gotta remember that.

"Sorry about the ceiling. It's gonna come back to me at some point, I know." he apologized, sinking down to his knees, "But at least- … please, at least hear me out. That's all I ask now."

Confusion overcame suspicion. This creature, who was at first a tall, dominant negotiator, suddenly succumbed to oppression. It was bowing down, almost on all fours. If he was to say "no", he didn't doubt the creature would've even started begging and tugging at his pants. As funny as that would be to watch, Lawrence decided that having his pants not on fire was a bit of a higher priority than humiliating an alien creature.

"Fine. I'm listening." Lawrence said, crossing his legs atop his desk. He didn't want to lose this regained feeling of authority.

Lime stood back up. With closed eyes, he forced himself back into remembering his current purpose.

"The four of us." he began, "We are of the Ormra race. Ormra. And we are …"

He hesitated, trying to avoid returning to the cruel reality, but it had to be done.

"We are the last survivors of our race." he said, almost quickly and, oddly enough, embarrassingly.

The two Zamorakian leaders watched as this graceful, proud creature bowed his head and wiped something from its eyes.

"We were once the dominant creatures of our planet. Everything; even the Mahjarrat served under us. We had direct ties with the Gods. Some of us even were Gods in our own right."

He started pacing, remembering positive aspects and historic milestones his race had accomplished.

"On the battlefield, we were glorious. An unstoppable force of flame and wind, which spread through the enemy ranks like a poison. No amount of defences could stop us; we were always right to the leader, evading and bypassing their troops before they even had time to raise their shields. Against each other, we took entire continents to fight; a blaze of fury that lit up the night sky in their own distinct colors."

Lime closed its eyes, looking up at the ceiling.

"I remember it well. The Battle of the Rchavoi. Of course, I was only a thief then, living in the underground streets and ducking under all the commotion, but all I had to do was look up to watch the fight unfold and carry out. The morning after the battle ended, the sky was completely filled with black smoke, blotting out the sun so much that we had three days worth of nights after."

Lawrence and Darkrascal imagined such a battle. Multiple-colored shooting stars shooting across the sky, bouncing off each other and emitting bright flashes of light upon contact.

"Those days are over now." Lime suddenly said, destroying the mood completely, "Just the four of us are left. All the others: dead. Dead due to a simple misunderstanding."

Darkrascal tilted her head, "How is that even possible?"

"Our lord was murdered due to suspicion of something- I DON'T KNOW! HE DID NOTHING! WE DID NOTHING!"

Lime suddenly burst to flame and stormed at Lawrence and Darkrascal.

"WE FOUGHT! WE FOUGHT FOR OUR GOD! WE DIED FOR OUR GOD! WE DID WHAT WE WERE MEANT TO DO! WHAT OUR GOD WANTED US TO DO!"

A second burn-mark complimented the first, and Lime calmed down once again.

"My point is, we're alone now. We are left to resurrect the last sorry remnants of our race. And we cannot do it alone. We cannot do it while isolated on a foreign world, bearing a threat to any creature that fights for survival against dancing flame."

Yet again, Lime changed emotion. He filled himself with resolve and confidence, and spoke strongly while maintaining eye-contact.

"Zamorak. He'll help us. He has to. … no, he'll want to. I'm sure of it. And you're his subordinates. We'll need your help as well."

Lime suddenly phased through the air, shooting right up to Lawrence's face so close he could feel a strong heat resonating from Lime's skin. Darkrascal instinctively jumped back while Lawrence summoned up every ounce of willpower he could to not react.

"And believe me when I say you'll WANT to help us too." he said with confident, glaring eyes.

SHADOW ISLES - GUARD BARRACKS

He was tired. And afraid. He stood guard for eight hours, and he was tired. And yet, he couldn't forget all this talk of heroes fighting non-stop for days on end, enduring fatigue to the extent that succumbing to it would result in their immediate death. It only took him eight hours of standing around to tire him out. Would he fare well on the battlefield? Not a chance.

He was given the easy job of standing around, preventing anybody more suspicious than a cloaked shadow from passing while everybody he knew was running errands, sailing on boats, and training for the battles to come. Of course, he trained too. A couple of hours a day, one before the duty and one after. Lately, though, he'd been resorting to two hours before duty, and hitting the sack right after just because it wasn't worth it. He was already tired after the duty, so he wouldn't need to train to immediately pass out on his bunk.

Of course, he couldn't complain. Life as a shadow guard could be worse. He could be having to hold his own right now, fighting back horde after horde of humans. Instead, all he had to do was stand around for eight hours, eat, and sleep. Easy. In fact, spoiled. Give or take a year of this job, he'd become fat, lazy, and incapable. That's why they shifted duties throughout the week. This week, he had the easy one. He was lucky enough to have the easy one.

So he forced himself not to complain, grumble, or yell when he entered his quarters to find his bunk filled with blue, unknown creature, who was napping on its side with one leg crossed over the other and its head in its hand, which was propped up by the elbow to support it. It didn't snore, but it was distinctly asleep and off in its own little world.

"Oh no, my Lord." it was muttering, "The pleasure is all mine. Two cups logoberries, one cup doboratch cream; just the way you like it. … yes, that is chauk-grass I added. Thought you'd like it."

It then began to mutter in its own language for a bit. It was almost a cycle. A few sentences in a language the guard understood, and then a few in its own foreign tongue. Spoken in such a different accent and voice pitch that it felt like something else was talking. As for the things he muttered:

"The sun is awfully bright today. I can only look at it for 20 minutes before it starts to fade. Then it all turns blue, and I cannot see it anymore."

Made no sense whatsoever.

He had been told that, for the moment, they would be playing host to these large, skinny, flame-wielding creatures. He didn't want to doubt Lawrence's decision to harbour them until they could contact Zamorak, but the majority of them were trouble. The green one had been caught trying to steal from the pantry, the brownish one went around nearly killing those that made eye contact, and the orange one … ugh. If it wasn't her strong smell that put him off, it was her talkative personality. He eavesdropped on a conversation between her and Darkrascal, and once Darkrascal finally invented an excuse to get away from her, he ran.

He had been watching this creature sleep for nearly fifteen minutes. At least this one appeared partially peaceful. Deciding that it wasn't going to move any time soon, he finally decided to intervene.

"Excuse me-" he started.

"FINE! FINE! I KNOW WHEN I'M UNDESIRED! FOR THE GLORY OF YESTERDAY!"

He jumped. The creature suddenly sprang up in anger with widened eyes, bellowing at him while standing straight up, and without warning, it pulsed a bright blue flame before leaping up into the air and jetting right through the roof. He expected a hole, or a shower of wood and stone chips, but all that was left behind was a partial burn mark where it passed right through in the blink of an eye.

He stood there for an entire minute; his brain trying to contemplate exactly what happened. The creature woke up, and … left? Just jumped through the ceiling and left? Finally able to decide that the creature was gone, he wasted no time in shrugging off his robes and sitting down onto the mattress. It was probably best he just pretend it all happened in his head, and the strange simulation was from a wild, fatigued imagination-

"Oh, there you are! What took you so long!"

He jumped again. The cobalt creature was back, poking its head out from under his bed. This time, its three shining eyes were wide open, and its beak-like mouth apparatus was curved upwards in a gleeful smile.

"Geez! Stop that!" the guard shouted, trying to calm himself to prevent an uncontrollable seizing. Or his body instantly reacting to the point where he attempts to behead the creature. It wasn't easy.

"You started it, so I'll be the one to stop!" it replied, floating back up into the air with outstretched wings.

The shadow guard stared, "What?"

"Three times!"

The creature suddenly leapt at the wall and banged right into it, making a loud bang that arose everybody else in the room. Apparently, it was expecting to pass right through. Instead, it stuck to the wall with all its limbs spread out.

"Jorian, what the #%^@ is that thing doing?" shouted a disturbed shadow, trying to get its beauty-rest.

"I've got no idea!" the guard shouted back. Why were they suddenly blaming him for this?

It slowly peeled itself off the wall and curled downwards until it was peering directly at him while upside down, still attached to the wall by its legs.

"It's not his fault." the creature said to the door behind him, "He tried his best, but things just didn't work out for him. If I had to guess, I would blame the trees."

It spun both its tails like a windmill blade and floated in the air for a bit before landing on its head.

"Yes, the trees! Far too many of them!"

Suddenly, it twisted itself upwards, almost turning itself inside out (that's what it looked like, anyways). This motion resulted in it being upright again.

"Or too few. I forgot which was which. I like the trees, but not the ground, but the ground needs the trees, so I'll stick with the clouds."

*BAM!*

Both of them suddenly turned. That did it. A larger, more burly shadow slammed its feet onto the ground and grabbed his nearby sword. He was getting deprived of his sleep, and he didn't like it one bit. Jorian backed away, leaving nothing between the bruiser and the creature, who immediately lost interest in the threat.

"YOU! SHUT UP!" he shouted.

"Ssh! You'll scare them away!" the cobalt creature said, gazing around the ceiling as though watching an invisible moth fly around.

The aggravated guard swung his sword without hesitation, and suddenly, just before contact, the cobalt creature vanished. There was a blur of blue, and before any of them could blink, the guard was suddenly smashed upwards through the ceiling up into the room above through a hole only half its size. The creature suddenly reappeared, lying on its side again on the bruiser's bed and clutching his pants in one hand.

"And a fine morning it is, indeed."

Jorian was about to retaliate angrily when suddenly its eyes went wide with wonder. It grabbed the pants with both hands and tore them in half, to which they burst into flames and burned away into ashes.

"OOH! OOH! OOH!" it shouted repeatedly, raising a hand upwards like a confident student with an answer.

"Geez. WHAT?" Jorian yelled.

"I just composed a new song! It's a good one!" it shouted, running to Jorian on the ceiling, "Listen! Do you want to listen?"

Jorian flinched inside. Part of him didn't want to hear it, but the more dominant part of him wanted to remain on this creature's good side. Considering what it just did to an actually experienced shadow warrior in the blink of an eye, he'd rather risk his sanity than his status.

"Fine, let's hear it." he said.

"Hear not!" it replied, "But listen! Words! Lots of them! Listen!"

Then it began:

"Listen to words, as prophets guess
A world to be will soon confess.
Sought with glee, the rise of downed
Our master snuffed by one decrowned.

Green and gem. It guards him now.
A wasted mind, to balance allow.
One is right, a stroke of grace.
The other dooms your entire race.

Hidden towards where spring bird sees,
A cannon of will shall take release.
Find it soon, to secrets jailed,
And fire it off for truth unveiled.

Strike him down, a vast mistake.
At first be nothing, through time doth take.
Remember now, these words once told;
For rise of eclipse shall thus unfold."

The guard stood there, perplexed. If it wasn't the strange nonsensical verses that made him mentally stunned, it was the deliverance. Through the entire, tone-blanked "song", the blue creature bounced around, squatting on crossed legs, swam through the air, and almost even slammed itself into the surrounding furniture. Upon finishing, it stopped, twisted its head almost a full 180 degrees upside down, and stared at him for a response.

"Wh- what does that all mean?" he asked.

"Who knows?" the creature shrugged, "You sung it. Not me. Oh, I taste it!"

The guard was about to stammer a response when suddenly the creature vanished in a wisp of blue smoke.

SWC CHAPEL

Although Alex made Nuli a key, he didn't need it. In the basement, there was a large, underground cavern playing host to a series of interesting aquatic fungi as well as a small, underground pond. It was fed by the ocean, of course, by means of underwater tunnel. Such a tunnel, he found out, was much too thin for an average-sized human to wedge himself through, and any attempts would result in either failure and giving up, or getting stuck and drowning. Not to mention any intruder would have to even know about it, anyways. Needless to say, it was an unguarded, unhindered way into the SWC, but nobody used it.

No human body, anyways.

Holding his breath, Nuli dove from the sky straight into the water several feet from the coastline. Several times having done so gave him the confidence and eliminated the fear of hitting rock. His tough scales preventing him from any blunt pain of hitting the water, he zoomed underwater with the force and curved himself straight towards the tunnel, which was barely illuminated by the glowing glass star atop their chapel. Gripping the rocks with all four claws, Nuli squirmed himself down and into the small hole, folding his wings in tightly and watching his pouch. Careful not to lose his breath, he calmly and quickly pulled himself through the tunnel, brushing his wings on the rock in the process.

Odd, that had never happened before. He was getting bigger, inch by inch. Another year of growing, and he'd probably get too big for the hole himself. Best take advantage of it while he could.

His claws hooked around a satisfyingly familiar rock, and with one final pull, Nuli broke through the tunnel and emerged in the small pond. Above, he saw the water's surface shining with a hauntingly light blue light coming from the glowing fungi. Wasting no time, he swam upwards and broke the surface of the water, breathing in moist, but safe enough air. He paused for a moment to check that his small leather pouch was still intact, and then pulled himself out. With a quick shake, he was devoid of water, and with caution, he bounded up the rocky stairs that Alex and Gia had hewn out for easier, safer access.

There was the trapdoor that led to the main chapel. Nuli couldn't see any light coming from the room above, nor hear any voices or footsteps anywhere. The chapel creaked for a moment as a wave of water pounded the side. Nuli didn't flinch; it was a common occurrence. Nuli wasn't worried about it giving away anytime; they had the walls reinforced so well it could take cannonfire.

And it had. A lot.

Finally deeming it safe enough, Nuli slowly opened the trapdoor, crept out of the basement, and closed it. With cautious, quiet steps, he entered the hall, listening for even a faint trace of somebody inside. For a moment, he felt it odd that he was hoping Alex was not home, as it was he that he was trying to hide from. Kind of spooky, that sort of thinking. Almost as though he didn't even know his own home.

Now that he thought about it, he was kind of disobeying Alex. Nuli was supposed to stay away while he was playing host to … that creature, and now here he was. Maybe it was this notion of being caught that he feared. If he was caught by Alex, he would be scolded. If he was caught by that creature, who had killed his father … no, he didn't want to imagine it.

The long walk through the hall felt like it took an hour. Behind him stretched out the large, open-spaced chapel, with five rows of blue velvet pews spread around the large, platform-altar. Several stained glass windows aligned the walls, covered on the outside by a series of defensive protections like metal wire nets and curved boards to protect from projectiles and rogue waves, yet still able to gather and project a colourful light throughout the room. Closer to him, in the main chapel room, was the large dining table. Mahogany, like the majority of the furniture. Alex loved that material. The legs curved down to the ground without even a trace of a straight line, extending just slightly above the flat surface, which was covered in a large blue tablecloth. The table itself was clean, devoid of all items except a potted plant Alex liked to change every week. What was it today? Immatured kwuarm flower. Its scent was so powerful that it freshened the entire room. A personal favourite of his.

To his right was the kitchen, half-windowed and exposed to the chapel (namely the dining area). The interior was mostly painted white, with a light-tiled floor around the appliances. Range, sink, oven, cupboards, log pile, counters … yeah, that was a generic, if not somewhat large kitchen, all right. He had not really learned to cook like Alex had. He could cook his own meat if he had to without burning it "too" much, but nothing fancy that appeared to have originally come out of a book. That was usually Alex's job; to surprise him with variety and interesting flavour, while at the same time, limiting him to follow his father's lifestyle of vegetarianism if but for a full day.

The careful climb up to the third floor felt like it took all night. Looking out the window as he climbed up the last stair, however, showed him that the moon simply finished leaving the horizon, and it made the house a bit brighter inside.

The door that led to the rooms. It liked to creak, he remembered. A chill crept up his spine. He will have to open it, and on the first sign of life; on the first odd thing he hears, be it even a wave hitting the wall, he would run. Back down to the basement, where he would stay. He hoped it wouldn't come to that. He tried spending the night down there once, but the abundance of humid air made him choke, and he was out coughing for a day.

Taking one more glance behind him, he pressed a "palm" on the door and gave it a bit of force. It swung open, making the unnerving creak like he expected, and he arched his back, ready to spring backwards. But he heard nothing. Another glance behind him confirmed that he was alone.

And yet, what was this feeling? As though he was being watched?

As though he was not alone in the house?

The hallway stretched ahead of him with three doors to the left and a small end-table with a set of candles on top. The middle door led to a closet; the other two to bedrooms. Alex let him choose a room if he wished one, figuring it would be a lot more homey instead of sleeping in the otherwise cold, dank workshop he used to reside in. He pondered the decision, and chose the farther room on top of the third floor. The one nearest, he knew, was his old father's room. He didn't pick it because he didn't think he would be comfortable sleeping where Gia should've been, but at the same time, he wanted to at least be closely.

Creeping past the door, Nuli imagined, for a moment, what it would've been like if his father was still alive. He'd probably be asleep in there. Loud deep breaths, with a slight, but deep snoring sound. He had slept in the workshop with Nuli a few times. As heartwarming as it was, it was still difficult to sleep with the snore. Alex slept on the second floor, probably to get away from the sound.

He passed the closet. Nothing special about that. Just a closet. There wouldn't be anything, or anyone inside. He knew for a fact that Alex didn't keep skeletalized bodies inside his closet unlike some other crazed figures he read about once. Dark necromancers would capture humans alive and lock them in so they would die from starvation, and their tormented, suffering souls would haunt the room. Exactly as desired. Even the screams for help and pleas for freedom-

Nuli sped up to get away from the closet. Better stop thinking about that. Alex is not a dark necromancer. Neither is he. Yeah, that's right. Alex killed a bunch of these figures himself. They're dead. They won't do that again. They can't.

It felt like an eternity, but Nuli finally made it to his room. It used to double as Alex's herblore workshop, but Alex relocated it back to the original area on the ground floor, finally getting the effort to clean his older workshop from the remains of a rather unfortunate explosion. It would be good if the same thing didn't happen to a guest room. The smell would probably keep them up all night. Even still, having experimented a bit in the past resulted in a strange, but delightful lingering smell of roasted cardringer; it didn't take him long at all to get used to it.

Focusing more on listening, he slowly pushed open the door partially. Suddenly, that feeling of being watched came back to him, and he looked behind him down the hall, scanning every corner and door. His breathing intensified. Something was in the air. It felt as though one of the doors was going to suddenly burst open. Or slowly creak open. Or something was going to suddenly appear. Something falling off the endurable. Why? Why was it so unnerving?

My bed. Must get to my bed, he thought frantically. Pushing the door open the rest of the way, he turned back and started towards-

*FLASH*

YAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

(If he could create that sound, he would've. Very loud.)

A flash of light, and he suddenly darted back and out. He lost control of himself completely, and with the absence of mind, his body only had one objective: get as far away as possible as fast as possible! He was so mentally stunned that his body was unable to realize he had closed the hall door behind him until it crashed headfirst into it.

*BAAM!*

That did it. If there was anyone in the house, that loud, sudden smash against the door would've aroused them. Pain raced through his body, and his mind and body immediately traded statuses; his body going completely numb and his mind going sporadic.

W-what was that?!? Lord Sartranomin, what WAS that? Light! A light! A big- no, two of them! Something! It was something! Something in his room! Eyes! Glowing eyes! It looked like eyes! Was it eyes? What has eyes? Something! Somebody! Somebody in his room!

He took several deep breaths, forcing himself to calm down. It was his imagination. It had to be. There was no sound coming from his room. Nor anywhere else. For good measure, he pounded the door behind him with a closed fist as hard as he could. Nothing. Nobody was shouting at him to be quiet. No footsteps were approaching. No lights were appearing around him. The chapel was empty and devoid of all life.

Maybe it was just a reflection of his own eyes, flashing back at him. Yeah, that was definitely it. Prying himself off the door, he reared up to the nearby end-table and removed a candle. Best play it safe, he figured. He stuck the wick end in his mouth for a second, and it came out lit. Heh, he thought, trying to get the thought of horror out of his head, I'll bet there are a lot of other creatures out there jealous of that.

Slowly, carefully, he approached the door. The door to his room, which he had been sleeping in for five months. It should be familiar. There would be nothing in his room. There's nobody in the house, so there should be nobody in his room. Walking on three legs with the candle in his fourth, he crept back towards his room; its opened door slowly swaying outwards.

He focused. Was it a ghost? If so, he could … probably handle a ghost. He had light. Not just that; he had lightning breath. He could fight back, no problem. Scare it away with a flash of bright light. Yeah.

Forcing confidence into himself, he marched to the door, gripped it with a claw, and after one deep breath, he jumped around from behind, bounding into his room at the ready.

The candlelight reflected off the mahogany walls, casted shadows off the desk and bed, and bounced off the shining handles of the dresser drawers, which he never used. They were empty. He had checked several times. He looked immediately toward where he saw the light. The window. Maybe it was just the frame reflecting his eyes back at him.

… no, they came from the glass. He was positive of it. … maybe in the darkness, the glass just reflected his eyes, as it reflected anything in the room when it was brighter inside than out. Yeah. That was it. He thought hard about it. Yeah, that was definitely it. He was freaking out from his own reflection. Ha ha. So funny. Blowing out the candle with a relieved smile, he shut the door with his tail, placed the candle on his own end-table and jumped into his bed. He made it. If Alex came home, he would hear it, and he would simply hide under the bed or inside the dresser. They'll never know he was there.

Everything was fine, he thought. It was just his reflection he saw.

That was it.

… that was …

No. That wasn't it. There was a shape, too. Bigger than the window. He saw it only briefly. An area behind the flash of light, darker than the background. A silhouette. A large, hulking figure. The eyes … there was a head. Distinct from the body. It had horns, didn't it? Yeah, he could swear there were.

Yeah, there were horns. It looked familiar. Looked a bit like his own head. Yeah, it was just his reflection after all!

… but, the area below it. It was larger … and the head … different ...

Looked almost like … … no, impossible …

It looked like …

… Gia?

Did he … did he just see … his father? No, his father has passed on!

Then … did he just see … his father's ghost?

The chapel creaked, and Nuli flinched, curling himself tighter under the blanket.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 11:00 pm 
Chat Moderator

PostPosted: May 9th, 2011, 4:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: paidsaint
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: who needs one?
Lawrence, as composed as he tried to remain, was honestly terrified of these beings. His followers were probably more scared than him.

"What do we do...?" Lawrence thought. He felt helpless as he desperately searched for a way to get rid of these creatures.

"Well, I really don't think I'm in any position to help you..."Lawrence said, almost apologetically. "I understand your situation is difficult, but our situation is just as uncompromisable." He emphasized. "I don't know, I need to contact Zamorak before I make any decision like that. I can't help you unless I know Zamorak will help you." He said. He was absolutely adamant about not gaining the world's attention, and he felt his fear might start to show because he started to feel trapped.

"I need to get out of here..." He thought. Lawrence sighed in resignation before getting up and moving to the door. "Come with me, I'll take you to our altar." He said, offering to personally escort the lime green creature to his church. Darkrascal seemed surprised.

"I'm coming too." She piped up, offering to go with them. The only reason Lawrence was doing this was because he was merely curious. He was sick and tired of alliances. They didn't benefit him during the war of lore. He was sick of feeling trapped, and it was taking all of his willpower not to have these creatures disposed of, even if it meant causing an extinction. No, they'd all worked to hard to have it destroyed now...

Darkrascal on the other hand didn't care for Lawrence's state of perpetual paranoia. She wanted something new to break the strict grip of security and fear Lawrence had instilled in the others. She could sense Lawrence's helplessness and began to wonder if she should be worried too as they moved through the village and arrived at a large and carefully constructed church.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 7:48 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
"Alex!" Jason said with excitement as Alex and Hunt entered the large double doors to the Tower's main 'lobby'. It was, quite plainly, just that.

Well, not 'quite plainly'.

The room was circular and had many hallways leading off from it. To either side of the hallways were suits of armor of differing grades. They were trimmed with alternating colours of Saradomin and Armadyl. One suit would be Saradomin trimmed, the next Armadyl and so forth. In the center of the room was a kiosk with two knights in it. They weren't in armor, of course.

Alex had changed to a shape almost identical to his old form as a suit of armor, only now he was of course more of a cyan than a green in hue.

"It's good to see you again." Jason said.

"As it is to see you." Alex replied as they shook hands. A quick look(?) from Alex told Jason that his companion would not be so friendly and that it would be best to not shake his hand.

"I'm glad you were able to come. As you've probably heard, we beat Zamorak's army, led by Lawrence, about 5 months ago. The major cities sustained quite a bit of damage but we're rebuilding them. Our primary concern now is a growing threat from the wilderness. This is why we've called a meeting." Jason explained as they walked to the Star Room. They met Michael on their way. He was glad to see Alex again, but didn't need Alex's warning to stay away from Hunt. Michael seemed to sense something about him.

As they entered the Star Room, the first thing to catch their eyes was not the assembly of Generals, nor the all-to familiar magnificent table, nor even the murals on the walls depicting some of the grandest battles in the history of Gielinor. It was a chair.

But not just any chair.

It was Gia's.

Larger than the rest both in height and width, the magnificent Runite and Mahogany chair (or rather 'throne' is more fitting for all the seats, though this one in particular) was definitely catered to Gia's form. It was too large for a man to sit in normally and was wide enough for two. The armrests were adorned on both sides with Dragonstones and a Dragonstone and Diamond swirl arched along the top of the headrest. In the body of the headrest was a depiction of two warriors with their swords down and arms outstretched in a handshake of peace. The depiction was made out of all the precious gems and a gold symbol of Saradomin was at the top of the headrest, where Gia's head would have been.

"He was a noble warrior. Much better than most of us could ever hope to be." Jason said and turned to Alex.

Alex was still and silent as he looked at the cha-throne.

"He will live on. In the hopes and hearts of soldiers everywhere who fight for the light. His mission will not end, it will be accomplished."

"Thank you." Alex said with a tone of sadness. If his form had allowed it, he would've been crying.

Hunt just watched. The death of one of their comrades, and they build a seat in its stead?

Why?

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 8:17 pm 
Runite Member

Momsrascal and Elise had walked into the star room not long after Alex had. She briefly glanced at Gia's chair before shaking off the sadness to greet Alex and the other generals, while avoiding eye contact with Hunt. Elise remained rather quiet, waiting for the meeting to get underway.

"So what's our meeting about?" Momsrascal asked.

"We've called this meeting because there is a growing threat in the wilderness." Said Jason.

"What? Are Lawrence's forces regrouping? No that's impossible. Lawrence and his allies are dead, aren't they?" Momsrascal pondered. She and Elise took their seats.

"Lawrence forces are too scattered to regroup. The threat is actually huge gatherings of revenants." Jason explained.

"But the revenants can't leave the wilderness." Elise said. "What's so threatening about that?" Elise asked.

"It is true that Guthix does not allow the revenants to leave the wilderness, but something is allowing them to leave now." Jason explained. Momsrascal became fully attentive.

"So basically, we're talking hundreds of revenants that can go where ever they want?" Momsrascal asked, a bit concerned at the threat this would present. "Ok, So what's causing this and how are we going to stop it?" Momsrascal asked, hoping to get the meeting underway.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 8:11 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
"Revenants are not peculiarly the threat here."

All heads turned to the adamantite warrior. He was deep in thought, and doing what he did best.

"I'm thinking about two scenarios here." he explained, "Somebody is thwarting the power of Guthix to allow the revenants free roam of the Runescape territory just so they can be used. Perhaps for organized military means, or perhaps as a distraction."

Jason squinted slightly.

"Um, Alex, we kind of already figured that."

"And I'm fully aware of that, but the fact still stands that such a move is in place." Alex replied, "The wilderness is an ancient scar on the plane of Runescape. A place where the Gods did battle. As such, there remains such a dark, ancient power, which had held up for a considerably long period of time."

Once again, Jason with the "so?" look. Alex rolled his eyes and pretended to ignore.

"What my point is is that to thwart Guthix's control over the wilderness would require an intense amount of power. One greater than the extreme powers of the Gods of the past, all of which had been mostly diminished over the world thanks to Guthix's arousal."

Jason was about to give the stare a third time, but then he started to catch onto what Alex was saying.

"So, something had enmassed the power to do this. And it does. But to let the revenants have free roam? Highly unlikely."

Momsrascal spoke up while Elise followed Alex's thoughts, "Wouldn't you agree that this is a big threat? Or do you think you can take them all on by yourself?"

"That's not it." Alex said, "Revenants-"

Alex paused for a moment, then shook his head, clearing his mind of something, and then continued.

"Revenants exist for raw vengeance. Uncontrolled, battle-torn spirits that know nothing but the glory of victory and the swelling of defeat. Their bodies had abandoned them, and in this case, so have their gods. Therefore, they have become an opposition to any and all factions."

Elise understood full well, "This means that revenants cannot be controlled. Not by dark wizards or necromancers, anyways."

"Exactly." Alex said, "And that brings me back to my two theories. Something with an incredible, gathered power did this to release the revenants and cause random acts of chaos amidst the wilderness boundaries. Because Varrock and Edgeville are no longer intact, the defences against the wilderness are limited to the smaller choke-points around the large holes, but they still remain in a considerably weaker status than if the two towns still existed. For the moment, I can only think of two reasons to use the revenants.

Scenario one: If the revenants remain uncontrollable and go right for their vengeance on the more plentiful lands, they would make an excellent distraction due to their raw fury, power, and numbers alone."

Alex's glowing cyan eyes squinted and he clasped both hands together.

"Scenario two: They have been released because they are meant to be used as military might. To be controlled."

All eyes went wide. Didn't Alex just say they were uncontrollable?

"And just like I said, revenants will not succumb to control because they have been betrayed and abandoned by their Gods.

But suppose they had another God? Or rather, "found" another God? One that had not betrayed them, shared a common interest, and had more power than the predecessor? A God that gave them new promise, new power, and new resolve? With incredible charisma and credibility. One that had not existed during the God Wars, and was never felt?"

Alex made sure everyone was listening before he continued.

"A new God, perhaps?"

A hush fell on the table. This was a very dubious theory being made by Alex. If they were up against a new God altogether, how would they be able to fight against it? One of the reasons they were able to fight against Zamorak's forces so well was due to his predictability. They knew his troops, they knew his motives, and they knew his attack styles. Zamorak liked to fight with raw power and numbers, with moderate, but limited strategy. It was like fighting a raging forest fire; just had to get a few guys in the right place, and it could be controlled.

But this would be different. Not only would this new God have an army of revenants already at its disposal, but they would not have any idea exactly what they were up against. Perhaps it too liked to fight like Zamorak. Or perhaps it would try to convert Saradominists towards his will. Plus, the way Alex made it sound, if it was able to convert revenants to its will, it must be more strategic and logic-based than powerful. Would they really be able to hold up against such a God?

Aside from Alex, Hunt was also unmoved by the theory. He stood beside Alex, ominously, waiting for somebody to contest his existence. He would have to wait, though. Unless he started swinging his weapon wildly at the meeting participants, they weren't giving him much notice or thought.

"Of course, my first theory holds a lot more probability." Alex continued, "Somebody released the revenants to draw our attention towards the wilderness and weaken our forces while they make their move behind the scenes or from a completely different location."

"I agree." Momsrascal said, "It is more possible, but at the same time, it's going to work."

"How so?" asked Jason.

"Because we will need to send some people down there to keep the revenants under control, or else they won't need a distraction to overwhelm us."

PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 4:26 pm 
Runite Member

"So. If this is the case, how do we deal with it?" Elise pondered.

"Perhaps we can lure the revenants to us and fight off whatever surrounds us?" Momsrascal suggested. She took great interest in Alex's second scenario as well. "What if this a powerful god like being we're dealing with?" Momsrascal asked. Momsrascal had her own theory. "Our enemy could even be a demi god acting as a general or scapegoat for an existing god's motives." Momsrascal said.

"The problem is, we know next to nothing about our enemy or their movements except for the revenants." Michael said.

"So there's just too much we don't know in order to move forward with this?" Momsrascal asked.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 4:26 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: June 18th, 2011, 3:57 pm 
Chat Moderator

TOWER OF THE STAR - MEETING ROOM

Alex waited for a moment until the meeting reached a discussion point, and then he gestured Hunt to approach for a quick, private chat. With his mask concealing his emotion, it appeared as though he simply obeyed the gesture. He stood right next to Alex's seat and leaned over slightly. Alex covered the lower part of his visor and spoke in a hushed tone, almost inaudible from the heavy amount of talking going on around him.

"Although you seem innocent enough for this scenario," Alex whispered to Hunt, "I can't help but think you may have something to do with this new God."

A low grumbling sound came from behind the mask.

"So you're accusing me automatically now for everything, huh?" he muttered.

"Well, thinking about it, you do have the motive of revenge." Alex retorted, "I would just like to hear you tell me directly that this is not your doing, that's all. I know you hate lying, so I'd have good reason to believe your defense."

Hunt started chuckling.

"Yeah? And what if since last we met, I just so happened to decide that lying's not so bad after all?" Hunt challenged.

"It's a trait that the Guardian knew you had for many millennium." Alex replied, "I doubt you'd have changed at all in a matter of five Earth months."

Another chuckle.

"Fine. You are right. Getting sort of pointless to challenge you in speech as well as swordplay. And to think you're a mere Watcher."

"All it takes is will, Hunt." Alex smiled, "You'd do well to respect mortals for that."

Suddenly, his face was full of golden mask. Hunt had jumped onto the headrest of the chair and leaned forward and over, peering right into his eyes upside down. Most of his height was on his Hingaerd, which he extended out in front of him, placing it right between Alex's legs. Alex wondered how he didn't just flinch at the odd maneuver.

The talking stopped for a moment, but Alex nodded that it was alright, and the two was ignored again with some effort.

"If you want me to say it, then I will." Hunt menacingly surrendered, "In no way, am I responsible for any of the current events happening on this planet except for myself fixing it, because of you. I do not have any agents here, nor do I have any of my power here."

Hunt tilted his head even closer.

"I made sure of that when I sucked it all dry from your fallen friend."

Alex immediately forced himself not to react. He wondered how many of the Star members knew that this was the same creature that ensured that the largest seat in the building would forever remain unoccupied. He hoped none did. He forgave Hunt for the deed, but he doubted any other would do the same.

"Just checking." Alex dismissed with a nod, and Hunt straightened up, jumped off the chair, and returned to casually standing at attention.

LAWRENCE'S OUTPOST - ZAMORAK CHAPEL

This was all wrong. Everything he felt was all wrong. The air smelled different. Almost empty. The weather was cold; freezing, and he found himself slightly shivering even while indoors. Of course, the shadows did like it cold, but this was unbearable! Plus, so many things on the planet were so fragile. The plants lit on fire so easily, and the majority of the animal species he had seen on this planet (only a few) seemed all too soft. Mostly covered in fur, or some other soft material. No flaming backs, hardly any spines, none created their own acid pools to dwell in, none summoned small, magical black holes to trap their prey... in fact, none of them even spoke. Just ran away, keeping their distance, and minding their own business without even responding to him.

He was on another world. Having to live with other creatures. That, he thought he could tolerate. Learn to control his flame, and his temper. Hopefully control his comrades and keep them from destroying the planet anymore than they need to.

But there was something he did not expect. Something unaccounted for, that made him usually feel right at home. He didn't really take notice of it, as it seems to just come as a natural assumption, but now that it was no longer present, he felt very uncomfortable being in this new world.

What was missing was respect. The mortals here didn't fear them. Didn't fear their raw powers, or their connections to their Gods that gave them incomparable capabilities, or their God-like speed and reflexes. Usually in their world, the mortals and Mahjarrat usually bowed, or avoided eye contact, or if they did converse to or acknowledge them, always regarded them as a higher respectful being. This brought about a natural humility to the Ormra. Either that or forceful exploitation and unfair benefits. Not him, though; he knew better. He had respect from all but the rest of his own race.

But not these ones. These ones, whom Lime doubted could even take on a wild Rowthwryte while fully armed. Just one breath and they'd be dead. Pity they went with the planet. They did make great stews once you got rid of all three hundred twenty seven poisonous quills. And perhaps taking one of them down solo would earn some of his much-desired respect.

True to their word, they brought Lime to the Zamorakian altar while the others... "waited outside". It was a macabre little chapel, housing only a few pieces of furniture surrounding the dark, stone-carved altar. Mostly everything in the room was draped with tattered, red cloth, including half the altar itself, which also held up the Unholy Book of Zamorak, a symbol stand, and several large, heavily-used candles on either side.

"Not much, but it keeps us in contact." Lawrence said without a hint of apologetic sympathy.

Lime simply nodded and approached the altar. With a wave of the hand, the candles suddenly burst into flame on their own. Soon, the air was filled with incense, and kneeling on one leg, the large, green Ormra lowed its cap over its eyes and tilted his head down to clasped hands.

Not 30 seconds passed when it suddenly stood right back up in a rage.

"Oh no." Lime said, shaking his head, "No no no, this won't do at all."

Lawrence looked with intent. Did Zamorak just reject him? He hoped this was the case, because then he could just kill them and be done with this whole ordeal.

"Seriously, how can you guys LIVE with this?" Lime almost shouted in surprise, turning to Lawrence and his group of guards, "Such a limited method! Yeah, it's not totally worthless; perhaps it's strong enough to receive a minor strength blessing or something, but this is something our children make as practice!"

Lawrence was taken aback. Part of him wanted to slug Lime in the mug, shouting that if he didn't like their quality of work, he can just get out and never return.

On the other hand, was Lime actually suggesting there was a way to dramatically improve Zamorak's blessing ability?

He decided to risk it. See what it would do.

"So you're saying you can do better?" he taunted.

"I HAVE done better." Lime snapped back, "Half-conscious with a broken leg, using a couple of stones and a shard of glass I found in an alleyway. Resurrected me right on the spot."

"Resurrected?"

Lime started pacing around the altar, looking at it as though it was a child's scribbling on an artist canvas.

"Get me some stone. Lots of it. Dark, slightly moist stone. Wait, in fact, get Amber in here as well. She could probably make something that would allow General- sorry, Lord Zamorak to come right to us!"

The guards were about to excitedly leave when Lawrence stopped them.

"Stop! Don't fetch him anything!" he barked.

Lime turned and stared, bewildered.

"Listen, you." he growled, "I don't trust you. Perhaps what you're saying is true, but until you have proven to us you can be trusted, I'm NOT allowing you to bring your foreign methods into our lives. NOT at a time like this. Now do your think and talk to Lord Zamorak... using THAT altar, and when you're done, you will get out. Do I make myself clear?"

Both sides locked into an intimidation test again, staring each other down for a full minute before Lime spoke in a low, all-serious voice.

"I can kill you." he growled.

Lawrence jeered as though to say, "You sure about that?"

"It's not a bluff or a threat. I can, and I will kill you, and your entire army. I've got my team-mates on my side, and I know that Ochre is just itching for glorious, bloody battle. We have killed countless beings, each far more significant and terrifying than you are. We have fought against wild creatures that can level continents, that can turn entire atmospheres toxic, and we can even contest the will of the Gods themselves. We fought them, and we beat them, and I would fight them again if they still existed. But they don't. We, the dominant beings, are all that remain now, so unless you think you can contest your own Lord Zamorak without any weapons or armor, you will NOT tell me what to do."

Lime's fists glowed a bright white, and Lawrence slowly reached for his sword. The guards had all but penetrated Lime's hide with their spears and halberds, but the way his body was vibrating, they were flinching as though he could explode at any moment, tearing through the ranks with vaporizing waves of heat.

"Do I make MYSELF clear?" Lime hissed, crossing his arms.

Lawrence closed his eyes and broke the stalemate. He knew he had pride on the line, but after staring into his eyes, he saw into the creature's soul. It was not a bluff. This creature was indeed terrifying in its own right and ability, and despite having lost the blessings of its Gods, it truly knew it wouldn't have any trouble dealing a critical amount of damage to their effort before they could take him down.

"Then I'm glad there's no hardships." Lime said, smiling. Finally, a hint of respect. Why were military leaders so darn egotistical?

"Just call Zamorak." Lawrence said.

Then under his breath, "I want to see if he actually remembers you..."

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 1:31 pm 
Chat Moderator

"Either way we're dealing with a new enemy." Michael said, getting the attention of the table, "If it is like scenario one and they've been released for random chaos, then something stronger than Guthix's hold over them must have released them. But, if it is scenario two, then we are up against something stronger than the single will of any of the known gods."

"'single will'?" Elise asked, puzzled, "meaning perhaps it has two wills?"

"Not quite. More like either it consumed another god so that it has twice the will and power, or it is two gods working together." Michael replied.

That was an interesting idea. Zamorak working with Zaros? With Bandos? Did Zamorak finally get his hands on the Staff of Armadyl again and perhaps in the process obtain more power from whoever had it? Whoever had it! That's it! The last known whereabouts of the staff was when Hazelmere, Duradel, and the other Slayer Masters and Generals fought Lucien. After that, Lucien and the staff went missing.

"Perhaps it is Lucien." Jason said and then explained.

"He certainly has the potential to grow powerful enough, but we've not seen him in years." Karmadin said.

"The Revenants would also know him, and wouldn't be likely to flock to him." Momsrascal said.

"But if he had grown in power during his absence then it would be possible he could control the Revenants." Elise said, looking down at the table as if she had been doing an equation.

"If this is so then he bears the Staff of Armadyl as well as the Stone of Jas. His power could be greater than we have yet fought." Michael said.

After some more talk and planning the meeting ended. It had lasted 10 hours and all the Heroes were hungry. They continued to talk, 2 or 3 together, on the way to the banquet hall where Jason had ordered a meal to be set. On the way he made his way to Alex and spoke to him while they walked, "I'm sorry for giving you those looks. It's been so long I had forgotten what you're best at. I should've trusted you the first time."

"No need." Alex replied then they shook hands and entered the hall.

The decision was for the Heroes to go to the camp at Falador and from there head North into the deepest part of the wilderness. Karmadin and a small detachment of Rangers would lead them to the area where the revenants were. The watches on the borders of all the other kingdoms would be strengthened and the roaming areas of the scouts enlarged to find any threats.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 am 
Chat Moderator

TOWER OF THE STAR - FRONT COURTYARD

"Hey Alex, are you coming?"

As splendid and grandeur as the interior of the Tower was, the heroes did enjoy being outside on their break. Perhaps it was the smell of the crisp sea air, wafting and twisting around the light smoke of the cookhouse output. Perhaps it was simply the cool breeze and active wind tingling at the skin and giving the brain something else to think of rather than non-stop theories and stratagem. Nobody really knew the reason, or when they started doing it, but if one had to be frank, nobody really needed to know the reason. They did it, and it was nice, and that's all they needed.

Elise was the only one to notice the adamantite warrior lag behind as they made their way back to the meeting room to discuss other, more minor matters, and upon asking the question, the majority of the others turned. Hunt was whispering something to Alex, who nodded and apparently agreed with whatever the masked figure said.

"You guys go on ahead." Alex said as they departed, "There's still something I have to do with my..."

Hunt shot him a look. Alex took a breath.

"Well, him." he pointed, and Hunt, satisfied with the neutral classification, crossed his arms and looked elsewhere.

"You obviously don't like each other." Michael said, slowly approaching, "What are you two working on, anyways?"

Alex was about to answer, but Hunt beat him to it.

"You are not to know." he growled, pointing a finger, "And you WILL accept it at that."

Michael was about to retort, but something in his gut told him not to anger this man. He was a foreigner to their team, and was no doubt aware that he'd have the whole tower on him even if he so much as touched the weapon he had so obviously concealed. And yet, he had the gall to, without hesitation, tell him off with a threat.

"Fine." Michael shrugged with a sneer, "I was just asking. Geez, do you need to snap at ANYONE who takes an interest in you?"

Hunt stamped forward, but Alex whispered something to him, and after a brief mumbling, he turned away.

"For the record, we are almost done." Alex said, "Then we, nor you guys, will ever have to see him again."

"And I'm looking very much forward to it."

The dark aura of hatred that the man was emitting enveloped the entire courtyard. Even Elise found herself shivering slightly. The mask didn't cover anything. If Alex wasn't there to stop him, the man would've taken on all the heroes at once, and dealt a number before they could bring him down. Whatever Alex needed him for, they had no choice but to trust that one of their greater heroes had not succumbed to the dark one's ways in secret. In fact, the only reason they felt they could still trust Alex was because he was so open and honest about it.

However, neither him nor Hunt would even subliminally mention the "work" they were doing. However, Alex did promise it was something beneficial to the Star, and once their work was completed, they would definitely find out about it and agree that it was very good work indeed.

"When will you be back?" Jason asked Alex, as Michael gently pushed Elise by the shoulder into the tower and away from Hunt.

Alex thought for a moment before answering, "Should take a couple hours. I'll be back before the meeting's done so I can offer my opinions at the end."

Jason looked over at Hunt, noticed that the masked man was more interested in looking at the Tower itself than eavesdropping, and whispered to Alex.

"When you do some back, leave him outside the meeting room, will you?" Jason hissed, "I don't trust him any more than I would trust Zamorak himself. Sure, he bears the Saradomin symbol on him, but I can't help but think it's there simply as a meal ticket."

The slit-like eyes on Alex's visor thinned slightly as he nodded.

"I understand your caution," Alex said, "And I agree; he's not one that can be trusted. However, the two of us have bonded an understanding, and until our work is complete, we will both honor our agreement."

Jason raised an eyebrow. What the heck was the job they were doing, anyways? And how the heck did Alex convince Hunt to help out?

"With that, though, I can promise you this:" Alex continued, "As you suspect, Hunt is indeed not Saradominist, but is also not in any way aligned with Zamorak."

Alex leaned closer.

"In fact, just between us both, if Zamorak ever met Hunt," he whispered, "I can guarantee to you the two of them would clash at each other throats until one or both dies. That's the only possible way you can call him an ally, but unless you give him reason to, you don't have to consider him an enemy."

Jason simply nodded, said "Good luck, Alex.", and walked back to the Tower with a quick wave. Once he was inside, and the great doors were shut, Hunt took his attention off the Tower and approached Alex.

"You do realize I heard every word you said to the mortal." Hunt said, crossing his arms.

Alex didn't turn his head in the slightest.

"So... what, you don't like how I set the mortals' minds at ease and prevent potential conflicts and internal hatreds from brewing?" he asked.

"I don't like how you tell the mortals what and what not to classify me as." Hunt replied, "It's true I wouldn't mind your puny Zamorak's head on the end of my Hingaerd, but in NO way would I side with the humans with taking him on."

"Not even for a "bit of fun", Hunt?" Alex asked, "Zamorak's elites are all very good swordsmen."

"Hardly." he replied, "I was part of their army once. Their elites were satisfactory, and a few of the generals did know at least the basics, and could hold their own. Everyone else; irredeemable cannon fodder."

Alex found himself walking with Hunt down the path leading to the large metal gate. It was wide open, as it usually was when the heroes were present at the Tower. If anything, it was more of an unnecessary thief deterring decoration than a means of protection, but it was still a splendid sight. The likeness of Saradomin engraved symmetrically on the wiring of both gates, both residing on the horizontal points of a large Saradomin symbol that spanned the entire gate. Upon opening the gate, the holy Lord's symbol would cut in half with a Saradomin on each side.

"So why didn't you teach them a few things?" Alex asked.

"I offered." Hunt replied, "I offered it to them. Give me three days with their troops, and they would've had an army of perfected soldiers, feeling neither pain, regret, or even a smidgen of fear. Absolute focus, a suggestion of emotion, and a delusion of free will. The perfect soldier."

"They didn't accept?"

"No. They were in a hurry to lose, and I was in a hurry to have at Gia. Didn't matter anyways." Hunt said carelessly.

Alex wondered how he didn't suddenly slug Hunt right in the mask just then. Probably the reason that the Zamorakians would've had one heck of an edge had they accepted Hunt's proposal.

"I, uh, suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask-" Alex began, and immediately cut himself off. He knew Hunt knew the question.

"No, I will no longer offer the training for the perfect soldier." he muttered, "Not to you nor your pitiful friends. Only reason I offered it to them was for the sole purpose of having their help in finding Gia anyways. I was just lucky he was right on the front-lines of the first battle I fought with them."

Hunt turned his mask to look at Alex. Alex mirrored the gesture.

"He wasn't one to stand aside and let others fight." Hunt said, "The dragon takes a poisoned arrow to the shoulder and doesn't even call for an antidote. Even wanted to keep going. I respected him for that, so I removed the poison myself. I wanted him to fight me with all his might, and die knowing he definitely would've killed me if I wasn't immortal."

Alex nodded. That was Gia, all right.

"You know, Hunt, he used to be the runt of the litter." he told Hunt, "Back in his day, he was one of the few soldiers who didn't like fighting. He wasn't as hardened or conditioned as the others. The others..."

Alex sighed, looking up at the sky. They passed by the gate, waving to the guards on the way (just Alex; Hunt refused eye-contact).

"I wish I could've seen them. Or fought with them. True, sworn devotees of Sartranomin's, more than willing to die for the greater good. An adult, elite-trained White Dragon would've thrown his own body in the way of an arrow aimed at a pigeon."

To Alex's surprise, Hunt started chuckling. He then turned to look at Alex, and despite the mask having not changed whatsoever, Hunt seemed to have a bit more sinister look to him.

"Alex, Gia was not the first White Dragon I have ever encountered." he said after his laughter faded, "Or killed. They were perfect soldiers in their own right, and Sartranomin was indeed proud to call them his own."

Hunt unexpectedly stopped, and Alex nearly jerked himself forward trying to avoid exposing his back to Hunt.

"But understand, Alex," he warned, "That a perfect soldier will die the fastest on the field of battle. Without the fear of death, any means and desires of self-preservation is lost. They will strike the fastest, kill the most, and endure the toughest, but they will offer themselves as fuel for the slaughter, not knowing when to retreat, or when they are outnumbered. They will die out in the middle of every battle; leaving nothing but those who are the most terrified of death picking at each others' life-spans until one side concedes defeat."

Alex tilted his head. If the definition of a perfect soldier meant one who was not afraid of death; whom fought without fear or mercy or hesitation to kill, why should they be the first to die?

"Perfection cannot be achieved." Hunt said, "And that which comes closer to perfection will not last as long. Do not forget that."

But Alex simply smiled. To him, Hunt was just making up an excuse for not being able to beat him in combat. Of course he'd last longer than Alex; he's an immortal deity for Sartranomin's sake!

They stood outside the gates on the top of the hillside that led down to the port. This was a good place. Alex stretched his gauntlet out and let his Enogan interior pour out around him. It surrounded his body, covering every inch of him and expanding outwards, creating new shapes overtop the old ones. In mere seconds, the adamantite warrior had vanished within the tangle of liquid-like metal, and in its place stood a 12-foot long Enogan dragon, squatting down on all fours and stretching out its new wings in preparation for take-off.

Hunt nimbly jumped on its back with enough force to make it flinch, curving its back downward in pain. Its visage, though, remained focused and resolute.

"Is it really necessary to put your full weight on mounting me?" Alex asked.

"This isn't my full weight." Hunt replied, "And it simply serves as a reminder of the weight you are carrying."

"What do you mean "weight I'm carrying"?" Alex asked, twisting his neck nearly a full 180 degrees to look at his rider.

"You tell me." Hunt said, "After all, you're the one who flinched."

Alex didn't reply. Shaking it off as another of Hunt's philosophical rambles, he spread his wings out, took a running start, and with a great bound, was in the air and shooting out towards the ocean in less than 15 seconds.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 7:04 pm 
Runite Member

"Wait!" Darkrascal called out suddenly. She was more than upset. She was enraged that her husband was stupid enough to throw away such an opportunity. The green creature whirled around to glare at the cat girl, furiously anticipating more opposition.

"Freya, take the guards and get him what he asked for." She said. The lime green creature seemed to smile at this pleasant surprise. Unsurprisingly, Lawrence immediately protested his wife's command, which confused the guards to whether they should go or stay put.

"No! You'll put all of us at risk!" Lawrence violently objected. In the midst of his tantrum, Darkrascal slammed her fist into her husband's stomach, knocking the wind out of him. Satisfied with the fact that she got him to shut up she began to speak.

"Selfish idiot! You don't even know our priorities anymore! I'll remind you! It's Zamorak! Not ourselves!" She shouted. The guards stared in disbelief as their leader was temporarily incapacitated by his wife. Darkrascal continued to speak in a firm and calmer voice that held everyone's attention. "If what this creature says is true, this could give us a huge advantage! There's probably a risk, but it's worth taking! This is the only chance we'll get, and if we don't take it we have no hope!" Darkrascal proclaimed. Lawrence slowly sat up catching his breath as she continued. "Are we going to continue being too inferior to support or own god just because Lawrence is too much of a wimp to try!?" Darkrascal asked her people. "Are we!?" She shouted to elicit an answer from them which now resulted in a resounding 'NO!'. The guards then proceeded with Darkrascal's order.

Lawrence slowly stood up, barely able to comprehend that he wasn't in charge this time, all because of a lucky punch from his rebellious and loud mouthed wife. "What, you got something else to say?" She asked him. Lawrence glared at her.

"You'll regret this if this ends us... I can't believe you did that..." Lawrence managed to say.

"It had to be done. I'm not going to die wondering what could have been, and neither will the rest of us. It's time to improve. Face it Lawrence, our altar's horse crap and you know it." She said. Lawrence sat down on one of the pews. It seemed like the pride and confidence he had a second ago was knocked out as well.

"Fine. Do what you want, but don't say I didn't warn you when everything burns to the ground..." He muttered.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 12:11 pm 
Chat Moderator

"Very good, but he'll focus more on force and power than physical agility." He said as he flipped himself back up.

"Remember, "

"I know, his power is negated by Dragonite. Isn't all Mahjarrat channeled power deflected by Dragonite?" She asked.

"Not all, but most is. He is too full of himself to bother learning how to channel his power neutrally." He explained as he put away his weapon. She as well sheathed her sword and clicked her crossbows onto her belt. The two then began to circle each other, both with empty hands.

"He'll try to distract you and like as not talk to you while you fight." He said and then with a quick nod lunged his hands forward. A sphere of power about the size of a basketball shot forth. It seemed to disrupt the very atmosphere around it as it screamed through the air. With a quick motion she put up her right arm and deflected the shot which explodes harmlessly hundreds of feet away.

"Good, you saw my signal though which is what tipped you off. He won't give any signal." He replied and fired another shot as he finished. This one she as well deflected and it exploded harmlessly away from her.

"Give 'em to me faster." She said with a grin. He fired two smaller shots this time and she deflected them with each arm. He fired more, this time in alternating pulses. She continued to deflect them using only her bracers. She got in a rhythm for a few seconds but then he fired one at her legs and caught her off guard. She flew backwards as the sphere grabbed her leg and rocketed onwards. After a few hundred feet it exploded into a small microburst of air.

He appeared next to her and said, "Had that been His, you would be one leg short right now. And probably have him breathing down your throat. Literally." and reached his arm out to help her up.

"Why didn't my plate deflect it?" She asked as she stood up.

"Your plates do not protect all of you, only the most prominent areas. Above your knee is exposed, he will notice this and every other weak spot you have. You most protect them with your agility. Once he fires an attack he can't control it. A fraction of a movement could save your limb, and your life." He said and pointed out a few open spots on her she hadn't noticed before.

"Let's do this again." She replied and set herself into a battle stance again. He reappeared a hundred feet away and then began firing again. He started slow and then began to speed up and increase the quantity. Within a few minutes she was constantly deflecting, dodging, ducking, spinning, jumping, twirling, and doing any other movement one might think of to avoid being hit. Backflips and somersaults, kicks and twists, it was as if she was dancing in a gymnastics competition while performing on ice. She seemed to glide on the ground as if she was floating.

"Mahjarrat blood calls for battle..." He said to himself as he increased the volley upon her. She began to slowly make her way toward him, jumping, kicking, deflecting, and dodging as she went. As she approached she drew her sword and swung at him whenever opportunity gave chance. He seemingly calmly side-stepped or dodged to avoid her swings while continuing the volley of power spheres. As her attacks and movements grew faster and faster he likewise moved faster. For a moment she seemed to be winning as she pressed him further back but then, taken completely by surprise, she found herself gazing upwards and her back resting on the ground. She had less than a moment to ponder this before she saw him jump over her and fire a sphere directly at her, to which she reacted without thought to deflect it. She rolled over and deflected another shot aimed at her side and for the next few seconds she rapidly deflected an intense rain of spheres from the man.

She flipped herself up, risking a moment of vulnerability to retrieve her offenses. Five shots exploded on the ground where she was laying less than a second before and she flipped herself away as the volley of shots continued to follow her. She regained herself when she backflipped instead of frontflipped and he momentarily continued to fire in the direction she had been going. Not more than a part of a second had passed before he realigned his aim. She reacted just in time to continue deflecting and dodging the spheres.

She began frontflipping towards him while twisting herself around in the air to deflect or dodge every attack. She soon launched herself in a kick towards his face to which he ducked and spun around. As she landed she swung her sword around and...struck dirt. She looked around but was then caught by the neck and thrown to the ground as her feet were swept from under her. With a 'swoosh' sound she felt her own sword along her neck.

"Rule #1: Never turn your back on Him. A jump like that could've cost you your life. He could've easily fired a blast at your open back or stabbed you. If he wanted to toy with you he would grab you by the neck like I did except that he would hold you up while constricting His grasp and taunting you instead of throwing you down and pinning you." He explained and then retracted the sword and helped her up and offered her sword handle first to her.

"I think that is enough for now." He said, "Even your kind must take a rest from battle. Meditate on what you've learned."

PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 5:20 pm 
Chat Moderator

LAWRENCE'S OUTPOST - ZAMORAK CHAPEL

Lawrence was speechless. If this was any of his shadows or a fanatic priest doing this, he would've had them arrested on the spot for such wayward religious rebellion.

The first thing Lime did was completely demolish the altar in a raging fireball. The red velvet was burned, as was the Unholy Book, and once the flame finally resided, the candles were nothing more than half-merged pools of blackened wax. All that was left was the burnt, smouldering rock, which was shattered with an ear-splitting explosion.

"Watch and learn, humans." Lime said, blowing the smoke from his fist.

Then, he took each of the gathered stones in his hands, ignited it for a few seconds, and then placed the burnt, reshaped rock on one of three pillars that were gradually built up from the ground. On each rock, he also carved a great series of spirals with a glowing-hot claw. Upon placing the reshaped rocks, they loosely fit together and held themselves in place, but were by no means properly attached to each other. Such a setup allowed them to be assembled into tall, but fragile pillars. If anybody even remotely appeared to want to touch them, Lime would give their hands a slap.

He also stooped down onto the hardwood floor and carved a series of burnt swirls, linking and overlapping the pillars. At first glance, they appeared completely random, but as more and more spirals were draw, a sort of larger pattern could be seen if looked at from a distance. It was a symbol that Lawrence had never seen before, but at the same time, there was some strange familiarity about it.

The triangle that the set-up formed wasn't at all perfect, but that seemed to be the intent, as Lime also made careful measurements between them from the base to the top between the set. They were unevenly spaced, and in no way identical except for the fact they were pillars of stacked stone. The larger of the three stood closest to the centre of the pattern engraved on the floor, with the second and third pillars spaced away according to relative height.

"Torches!" Lime commanded.

"Ah know, ah know!" Amber sighed, already halfway across the room with an armful of charcoal sticks.

Darkrascal looked carefully around the pillars, but none of them boasted any holes with which to place them. What's more, the orange Ormra had nearly two dozen thin sticks, roughened due to their original compositions having been apparently melted together. That was what Amber was doing the whole time. Ochre, however, was not only not contributing, but napping, of all things, in the corner of the room. Lime nor Amber complained, and after experiencing his personality flaw after initially asking why he wasn't going to help, the guards left him entirely alone.

"Where's your fourth guy?" one of the guards asked.

"Around." Lime simply said.

"Straight, actually, with only a slight curve, but who am I to cross the line?"

The guard turned, but only caught a glimpse of Cobalt before he melted into the ground. Lime forced himself not to react. A loud clanking brought the guard's attention back to the altar, where Amber almost dropped all the charcoal sticks in the centre. Some of them rolled around, but they were ignored.

"Alright! Done!" Lime proudly exclaimed, stepping back and thrusting both oddly deformed hands towards his masterpiece.

Lawrence looked with absolute disgust. It looked nothing at all like an altar as it did three uneven stacks of blackened stones, and the mess of charcoal didn't at all help. What's more, it was situated in the middle of the room.

"Clear away all that stuff, whatever they are used for." Lime ordered, gesturing to the pews.

Lawrence continued to hold his silence. He was waiting with intent. If this didn't work, he got to laugh at Darkrascal, and if it did, then his army would definitely be strengthened. As far as he was concerned, he had the momentary advantage in terms of status.

"Not our best work, I'll admit," Lime said, shrugging to the two leaders, "But considering we only had stone to work with, and not the primordial wax deposits obtained by Khrazhaag sacrifices, I'd say I've done a fair enough-"

"Lahme, jus' shaddup and call 'im." Amber argued, "Geez, i's gonna take forevah t' clean mah nails out."

"But of course, 'mah lady'." Lime sarcastically sneered at Amber, and turned to the altar. His arced wings spaced out and glowed, dripping what appeared to be liquid fire. A long, curvy stream of light flowed from his outstretched right hand down into the cracks in the ground, crawling around until it reached the middle of the setup. Suddenly, all at once, every last crack in the layout burst into a vibrant lime-colored light, blasting away the darkness around them. Several of the guards reared back, shielding their eyes.

Lime tensed, and his entire body exploded into flame. He clasped both hands together and raised his wings, and the light of the altar grew even brighter. Suddenly, the floor started shaking, and a loud rumbling was heard from below. Slowly and smoothly, Lime unclasped his hands, and an arc of electric flame rose from his hands and jumped around the two smaller pillars. The largest pillar, however, began to pulse its own line of flame, which wrapped itself around it with ever-increasing intensity.

"Oh geez, I forgot one thing." Lime shouted among the rumbling, "Amber… or somebody! Quick! Destroy the roof!"

Lawrence couldn't hold his silence any longer.

"What do you mean, destroy the roof?!" he shouted.

"I mean remove the roof entirely, " Lime yelled quickly, "And preferably within the next ten SECONDS! HURRY!"

The largest pillar was completely engulfed in light now, and Lime's arms were shaking with strain.

"Why didn't you do this before?!"

"Because i just remembered how tall Zamorak was, OK?!" Lime shouted, his eyes and mouth bursting with flaming light, "And if the roof was gone, he wouldn't have to stoop down on his knees when he appears here!"

Nobody even heard the rumbling anymore.

"FIVE SECONDS! DO IT NOW!!!"

Rolling her eyes, Amber fired a blast of flame at the roof, tearing it and half the surrounding walls off the chapel and several hundred feet in the air. Just as it was heard smashing onto the ground, the largest pillar suddenly exploded into a frenzy of wild light, which immediately condensed into a great beam that shot into the night sky and vanished amongst the stars.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm 
Chat Moderator

Uhg, didn't want to post tonight but I have too..

The meeting was nowhere near as intense after the meal. This of course was not because of the grand meal (though it indeed could have been part of the reason), it was because the were talking about less important things. Primarily informing each other about events around Gielinor. The rebuilding of Falador's castle, which was now to be renamed 'Falador Keep' instead of 'Falador Castle' as they had redesigned the grounds and building to be more keep-like, was one matter talked about. Almost everything was self-contained and protected from all angles. The moat had been widened, deepened, and was now atleast 12 ft deep all around, whereas before it was hardly more than 6 and near the edges if was only a foot or so. A wall had also been erected on the outside of the moat, forcing enemies to either climb the wall and jump the moat, or try to use the bridge. The bridge itself had been redesigned as well. During the attack it had been completely destroyed so they figured a new design would be just as easy as building a new bridge. Instead of a bridge, they built a drawbridge which was directly connected to the Keep. Chains raised and lowered it and they could only be seen when the bridge was down. When the bridge was up it looked like a steel door sitting at the edge of the water.

That was the design of the Keep. They had only just finished the drawbridge and mechanism and reached 10 feet in height of the walls so they still had a long way to go. The repair of Ardougne was another topic. It was going well. They kept the original design but added walls around the whole city where there had been none. Gates with dual portcullises were added where roads entered and exited town. All in all the design, though much the same, would be many times more strategic and stronger.

They had tried to find King Lathas in the bodies of the deceased but could find no traces of him. This piqued the curiosities of many of the heroes.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2011, 9:17 pm 
Runite Member

As the glorious light they saw a moment ago vanished, Lawrence began to laugh.

"What the hell is so funny, you stupid twit!?" Darkrascal barked.

"We vandalized our church for this?" Lawrence chuckled. The other shadows stared, believing their leader had finally lost the few marbles he had left. Darkrascal's ears perked up suddenly.

"Shut up, something's coming!" She announced in a hurry to anticipate whatever it was. A sense of familiarity made her excited, her tail beginning to wag to show it. Lawrence suddenly felt it too, and seemed to freeze. Everyone felt it approaching quickly.

"My lord...?" The cat girl whispered.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 8:09 am 
Chat Moderator

I'll let you guys play with this one.

SHADOW ISLE - ZAMORAK CHAPEL

When their eyes finally adjusted, the shadows saw Lime crouched on one knee, leaning before a large ball of steady white light. His entire body was flickering with lively flame, which was slowly condensing to his clasped hands. Occasionally, a spark of green light would bounce between the light and Lime, but otherwise, it was a rather tranquil sight. The altar had all but collapsed, littering the ground with rocks, but it was apparently only temporary.

The only unappreciative one was Amber, who approached Lime without hesitation.

"Lahme, ya really think ya can summon 'im?" Amber asked doubtfully.

"I believe I can." Lime replied, still tensed on one knee, "If I'm fortunate enough, he'll remember me from long ago. And if not, then I've still got a string I can pull."

She shook her head, "Ah ain't worried 'bout 'im com in' down, orm. Is jus' we don' 'ave our Lord's blessin', an' you ain't exactly an artis'n of altar craftin'. Ya sure ya got the power?"

Lime sighed and bowed his head. His cap relaxed and momentarily fell over his eyes. However, he didn't rise.

"No, I'm not sure." he hissed back to the skeptical Ormra, "But I'm trying, dangit! Anytime you wanna join in my attempt to secure our FUTURE, I'll welcome it."

Amber didn't take it.

"Hey! Ahm the only female Ormra left! Ya don't think ah don' know mah responsa'bility? Hon, ya should be lucky ahm even here!"

Lime wasn't amused. His hands still clasped and flaming, he turned his head.

"Don't think I'd call myself "lucky"." he sneered, "I knew plenty of Ormra women who would've been the more ideal candidates!"

Amber's cap tilted sideways slightly and she laughed. Lime caught himself.

"… and it wasn't just their looks! They were hardy too! Fantastic personalities, the ability to adjust to any situation-"

But Amber laughed harder.

"Face it, Lahme," Amber said, shaking her head seriously, "They was seducers, the lot ah them. Power-drainers. Lure ya back home an' knock ya out. Sap ya nearly dry, so as they ain't leavin' a cram scene."

Lime didn't want to believe it, "You sure it wasn't the expensive drinks that did that?"

"Hon, lemme let ya in on a lil' secret." she crossed her arms, keeping the sly smile on, "Ah used ta be one mahself. Ah know what i's lahke. Ah know all the tricks."

She squatted forward, resting both elbows on her knees. Lime found himself completely unable to break eye contact. The ball of powerful white light faltered slightly.

"All."

The ball of light suddenly surged, and Lime, who had subconsciously lowered his arms, tensed back into position.

"For once in my life, can I be the hero?" Lime begged through clenched teeth.

Amber laughed, and with long, overly graceful strides, she traversed to the side, speaking in a sing-song tone of voice.

"Hah. Somebody's ashamed of their past, aren't they?" she called to the sky, loud enough for Lime to hear. He forced himself not to react. He had already poured a great load of power into the portal, and he didn't want to undo it for anything.

Not even to accept she was right.

It was nearly two hours later when the ball of light finally caved into itself to form a small, dark purple sphere. Then it expanded upwards through where the roof used to be before exploding in a frenzy of sparks, shooting out a wave of hot air that blew what remained of the chapel walls right over. Nearly everybody staggered backwards from the blinding force. After the smoke and dust resided, everyone looked to see two great boots where the altar once was (the force blasted the stone away). He was gigantic! He was collosal!

He was nothing like they would've expected.

His black, flared robes were gold-trimmed and covered in a complex array of interweaved flame-like patterns, wrapped around his body and held together by several black metal rings. His upper robe went down into a twin-tailed silk finish, stretching down past his weight and almost to his knees, which were covered in the lower, equally detailed robe, which took advantage of its large, clear space to display an incredible golden mural of intricate patterns and weaved lines. Through the crack in his upper robe, the faint glimmer of a red metal plate could be seen.

But the head, covered in a golden-trimmed hood with twin horns poking out the top to hold it in place, as a nightmare by itself. A large, shining skull, with flaming red eyes and sloped, pointed nostrils that billowed out smoke that lingered for seconds and twisted itself into horrifyingly spiked shapes before vanishing. His neck was missing altogether; the skull itself appeared to float over the torso. As did the pointed jaw, which opened without any obvious attachment to the upper half of the head. By no accounts did it look like a human skull; the chin was pointed, the jaw protruded out slightly, and the eyes were massive compared to the normal size of a head.

His attention was focused on Lime, who was rising up to his feet, but even he could only stand as high as the center of Zamorak's chest. If the roof wasn't there, his head would've gone clean through it.

"Where… am I?" he asked. His voice was deep, and it appeared to resonate from all directions at once.

"Welcome back to the planet." Lime said, "Sorry about the body. That was the most I could remember about you."

Indeed, Zamorak was holding his hands up and staring at them as though he never had any to begin with. She checked the sleeves, the robes, and even took off one boot to look at the foot inside. Rather than a mere series of bones, it was covered in what looked like boiling red flesh, as though somebody mixed lava with cow hide and compressed it in a foot mould.

"I…" he spoke in a deep, thunderous voice, "Have not looked like this in a long time."

He turned back to Lime, and his mood immediately changed from bewildered to aggravated.

"Who ARE you?"

Zamorak might as well have punched Lime in the face, because the reaction was ideal.

"You don't remember me?" he asked, bewildered, "It's me! Lime! Remember, Zee-Maj? I know it's been several thousand years, but you must at least remember your past buddy-in-crime! Remember how we once had to steal just to eat another day?"

"STEAL FOOD?!?" Zamorak bellowed, "I would NEVER have allowed myself to sink that low!"

Lime sank to his knees in disbelief. Amber wandered aimlessly over.

"Wrong Zamorak, hon?" Amber smiled slyly.

Lime was speechless. His beaked mouth moved, but no words came out. Too stunned to even try to get away, Zamorak reached out with a great, gauntleted hand covered in a spiky black metal and grabbed Lime by the chest, wrapping his fingers around both arms and wings. Slowly and ominously, he lifted the struggling Ormra up and brought him closer to his face.

"You DARE see me, the Great Lord Zamorak, as an inferior?! As a petty thief?!?"

Suddenly, Zamorak's entire body was engulfed in harsh, red flame. Even the sky turned red as the very ground shook below him, and small rocks began to float into the air.

"I will teach you RESPECT!"

Lime squeezed his cap over his eyes and clenched his teeth. Everyone backed away, scared that their Lord might actually set the entire island on fire. Even Amber, who up until now was smiling at Lime's predicament, was covering her eyes. Zamorak held Lime up with one hand. The other, he clenched into a fist.

And suddenly, tilting it upwards, he drove it down right into Lime's head.

*RUBRUBRUBRUBRUB*

Everybody was stunned. He was twisting the knuckles of his gauntlet into Lime's head rapidly, but there came no blood or torn skin. Zamorak even started laughing. But not a maniacal, demonic laugh that made all who witnessed it cower in terror as he ground Lime's head to shreds. This laugh was one nobody had ever heard from him before. Hearty. Joyous. Almost playful. And Lime was actually opening his eyes in the absence of disciplinary pain.

"You really thought I was serious, didn't you?!"

Lime's eyes went wide open. Zamorak changed his grip from a one-handed snare to a two-handed brandish of victory, with both hands gripping under the armpits and held up to eye-height so Lime could see Zamorak just as well as he could. As though Lime was a priceless artifact he had been searching for for many years.

"Old friend, it's been a long time."

The grip changed again as Zamorak embraced the Ormra in a gentlemanly hug. One arm squeezing Lime onto his body with the other patting the back of Lime's head. The startled Ormra managed a weak laugh. He was still paralyzed from the shock and was struggling to not show any tears.

"By our Lord, Zamorak! PLEASE don't ever do that AGAIN!" Lime begged, his voice faltering and difficult to control.

Zamorak's bony jaw twisted into a grin.

"What's the matter?" Zamorak asked, "You used to play jokes on me all the time! Where's the spirit I loved about you?"

Lime smiled sheepishly, "I guess I'm just getting too old for this."

And Zamorak laughed. There was the maniacal laugh that made everybody who heard it cower. Except Darkrascal. She didn't understand what was so funny, so she went on the assumption it was a reference to a joke they used to crack on each other long ago.

"But man, look at you!" Lime said, holding his arms up at Zamorak, "First a Commander, then a General, and now a God! We don't keep a leash on you, you're gonna ascend to take the Unknown One's place, and then you're REALLY gonna forget me!"

Zamorak laughed again, but then suddenly crouched down in a squat.

"Ah, you haven't heard?" Zamorak asked in surprise, "The Unknown's gone! Defeated! We're freed from his control!"

Lime was hysterical, "Get out! Really? About time someone kicked his sorry hide off the throne."

"I heard he made a crunching sound when his face hit the tower floor." Zamorak said.

And now Lime was laughing hysterically. Lawrence nor Darkrascal could even speak. Forget what they were talking about; if it wasn't for the voice, they wouldn't have been able to believe that this was actually their Lord Zamorak. He was much too casual, friendly, and playful towards this Ormra, rather than the booming, demanding, bloodthirsty dictator-like personality they had only ever known. But then again, he was apparently reuniting with a friend with whom they grew up together.

"Hey, Zee-Maj, as much as I'd love to catch up and share a few jokes, like old times," Lime said in between gasps, "I'm afraid I have to cut straight to business."

It took a moment, but after staring at Lime with a bewildered look on his face, something clicked in Zamorak's mind, and he stood up straight, nodding. Shaking himself up, Lime rose up as well, and looked up into the Dark Lord's flaming red eyes.

"Listen, my Lord. You're definitely aware of this, but I have summoned you down here." Lime explained, "I created your temporary body with my own power, but without our Lord's blessing, I cannot make it last long."

"I know. I don't have much time down here." Zamorak nodded, "How much are you able to sacrifice?"

"Probably two days, at max." Lime replied, "If we can get Amber and Ochre to chip in, we might get to keep you here a week."

Zamorak's eyes went very round.

"More of you?" he asked, "How many Ormra survived?"

"Just us three." Lime said, gesturing to Amber and Ochre, whom had wandered in out of curiosity, "…well, four, but I wouldn't count Cobalt. He's absolutely nuts."

"Hey, I like that name! I absolutely MUST give it to my friend!"

Zamorak turned his head slightly. Cobalt had appeared behind him, sitting in the air in the splits. Zamorak opened his mouth to speak, but Lime cut him off.

"Don't bother, he's his own Ormra." Lime advised as the blue Ormra started spinning in mid-air, "In one ear and out the other. Don't know why our lord chose to save him."

"Ears are useful. They let me stay with the music." Cobalt nodded, apparently agreeing with something Lime didn't say, "Indeed, I don't give them much credit. No, in fact, I really should be paying them for their service."

Lime placed his hand in front of his face and shook his head.

"Listen. Cobalt." he said with the utmost patience, "As long as you're here-"

"Sorry, I'm not!" Cobalt laughed, "Try again later. Your call is important to us."

And then he wasn't.

"It was a sad day indeed." Zamorak said, nodding, "We all felt it. His power suddenly vanish, leaving us empty and hollow inside. Some of the ones here even went crazy. Offed themselves right off. Mostly the Zarosian ones, though, thankfully, as they lost that Lord as well."

"Did any other Ormra survive?"

"Just you four." Zamorak said, "And darned if I let your race end here. You've been given one last chance by our Lord's final acts, and I will NOT let it go in vain."

Zamorak squatted down again, holding out his right gauntlet.

"My friend, I will personally guarantee your race's safety. At least until you are able to repopulate sufficiently."

They shook hands. Or rather, Zamorak gripped and shook half of Lime's entire arm.

"Is there anything we can do in return?" he asked.

"I will ask for your services when I require them." Zamorak nodded, "But I'll go easy on you."

"Thanks, Zee-Maj." Lime said, shooting a quick "told ya so" at Lawrence, who simply turned away.

Zamorak chuckled.

"Sorry, friend, but I'm afraid even you are going to have to call me "Lord Zamorak" now. I can't let anybody see me as an equal to anybody, you understand?"

"I understand perfectly, my Lord." Lime nodded.

Zamorak stood up. The smile vanished from his face as he looked around him at the still-awe-stuck shadows. His eyes met Darkrascals. She stood at attention.

"You. Status." he bellowed commandingly. Darkrascal smiled in relief. That was the voice she knew all her life.

FALADOR CASTLE KEEP

A great winged shadow zoomed over Falador, turning the eyes of construction workers and knights alike. The shadow climbed the walls of the keep, covered the barricades momentarily, and vanished overtop.

A whoosh of wind sent Jason's hair momentarily askew. Turning behind him, he saw the large, metallic dragon touch down lightly behind him and gaze right at him. It was a flash from the shining aquamarine in its forehead that prevented him from reacting defensively.

"Hey. What'd I miss?" Alex asked, folding his wings in so far they practically melted right into his back. Just flying over Falador got the guards riled up, and he crouched low to avoid public detection. His large, glowing cyanic eyes scanned the surroundings quickly and cautiously, his back was overly arched slightly, and his chest was expanding and contracting rapidly. By what it appeared, he was exhausted from having to push himself past his limit.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah! Of course! Fine! No problem!" he answered in an unnecessarily higher tone of voice, "Long trip. Came as fast as I can. Just tired. Gimme a moment."

"Why aren't you transforming back?"

"Ah, uh, this is actually... my natural form, as I found out from… my last quest." Alex explained, "It takes energy to… maintain a form in this metal, but not as much… if I maintain my natural form. Again, tired. I'll change back in a minute."

But Michael didn't accept it.

"Where's your companion?" the elemental asked.

"Right here."

The gold-armored man, clenching his right arm, staggered off Alex's back and hit the ground hard, almost falling down to all fours. The armor itself was battered and a large crack ran down the middle of the mask. In several places, the robes were burnt, torn, and tattered to reveal the golden armor underneath, and they were so string-like and random that it would be ideal for him to just tear them all away before he entered combat. He was an absolute mess.

"Did you both just fight something?"

Michael aggressively approached them. Alex did have a reputation for harboring secrets. Alex opened his mouth, but Hunt pointed a clenched fist at him. He reacted with wide-eyed silence.

"Don't talk about it! Don't even suggest it." he growled, then to Michael, "Alex is back, and he's in one piece. Accept it without question, because your curiosity will push you towards your own destruction."

Michael's eyes momentarily met Alex's, who nodded. He saw there was a sort of calm acceptance in them. He wasn't being forced by Hunt to stay silent; he was totally in agreement. It was better Michael, as well as the rest of the heroes, not know about what happened with Hunt.

Michael was unmoved. Alex gave him a "come on!" look.

"Michael, when have my secrets ever hurt the heroes' cause?" he asked, but he didn't give Michael a chance to answer, "Never. I've handled them myself with only those whom I needed to know them, and we're all still here doing considerably well. Trust me on this, like you always do. The problem was dealt with; otherwise I would not be here."

Michael didn't like it, but Alex was right. He just liked to know, that was all. He gave Alex a nod, and Alex smiled. He slowed his breathing and sat upright on his hind legs. For a moment, he had the appearance of an obedient, battle-ready dragon. But then, his metal skin melted and compressed around him, and in seconds, he was now a fully armored knight-like warrior.

"OK, I'm good now. Where's Jason?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"I'll go get him." he said, and marched off, leaving the two to get some final breathers before the briefing. They didn't need them.

"Hey. Allezyamos." Hunt muttered.

"What's up?" asked the Enogan warrior.

"For the record, I never asked you to stick your neck out for me like that." Hunt growled, almost as though he was threatening Alex with the statement.

"I've told you before," he replied with a strained smile, "A good host takes care of his guests."

He saw just a quick flash of blue light from within the mask before the God of the Unknown turned away. Alex accepted it. That was perhaps the only ounce of respect he was ever going to get from that monster.