Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Firefox and Adobe problems
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 5:53 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
runescape and no funorb games will load in my Firefox browser, this started after i updated FF so ive been using the downloaded RS launcher.

Also about 3-4 times a day a message will pop up in firefox saying a script in a movie is causing adobe flash 10 to run slowly and may cause my computer to become unresponsive and it asks if i wish to stop the script, no matter what i click the message goes away and everything in firefox becomes unclickable, causing me to go through the task manager to close it. both firefox and adobe are up to date as far as i can tell.

anyone got help on either of these problems?

EDIT: ok i uninstalled java and reinstalled the newest version and it works now. but with the adobe problem, an error report box for plugin-container pops up afterwards

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

Last edited by Regnenth on September 5th, 2010, 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 5:53 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Firefox and Adobe problems
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 6:05 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
Regnenth wrote:
runescape and no funorb games will load in my Firefox browser, this started after i updated FF so ive been using the downloaded RS launcher.

Test if your Java works with other application besides Jagex applications:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
It should say: "Your Java is Working"

If not:
Do you have Java for Firefox installed? If you installed Java first and then Firefox, Java will not work most of the times. Try re-installing it.

Regnenth wrote:
Also about 3-4 times a day a message will pop up in firefox saying a script in a movie is causing adobe flash 10 to run slowly and may cause my computer to become unresponsive and it asks if i wish to stop the script, no matter what i click the message goes away and everything in firefox becomes unclickable, causing me to go through the task manager to close it. both firefox and adobe are up to date as far as i can tell.

Does this happen only when you visit a certain website or does it happen randomly?
Could you post a screenshot of the warning next time it pops up? Most of the times it has an error code, so if you can please post a picture.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 6:10 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
Alex_SE wrote:
Does this happen only when you visit a certain website or does it happen randomly?
Could you post a screenshot of the warning next time it pops up? Most of the times it has an error code, so if you can please post a picture.

it happens randomly, and yeah ill post a screenie of it when it comes up again, however there isnt an error code.

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 8:54 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Does it make a text file (can't remember the name >.>) on your desktop? When I have had an error it appears in a text files on my desktop.

As for the flash problem:
Have you tried using Flashblock? It probably won't solve your problem but it could lessen how often it happens.

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 6:39 pm 
Runite Member

no text file doesnt appear on desktop

and the warning hasnt popped up as of the time im writing this post so heres what the warning looks like

http://i41.tinypic.com/awt0n4.jpg

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:21 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
Try following these steps, taken from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479989 and adapted:
melnz27 wrote:
step 1) Download & use the flash Uninstaller from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Step 2) Reboot to clear out any left over ocx files.

Step3) Rescan using Secunia PSI ( You can download it from http://secunia.com) Just following the commands when finish downloading it's not a hard tool to use.

Step 4) Reinstall the latest Flash Player at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Step 5) Go to add/remove & double check Adobe have not installed the useless Adobe Download Manager - if U see an entry remove it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:21 am 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 5:56 pm 
Runite Member

Alex, i did your suggestion and the warning still happens, but ive noticed it only seems to happen on runewire