Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Network Cable Not Detected
PostPosted: July 15th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I'm having an interesting problem at the moment where Windows is not seeing my network... in fact it isn't even seeing the network cable and tells me I need to plug one in. On the other hand when I boot into Ubuntu on the same computer the network works flawlessly exactly as it should.

The night before this started happening I installed a couple of Windows Updates, which I immediately suspected to be the problem. I did a system restore that uninstalled those, but without any effect.
Have just tried reinstalling the driver for the ethernet controller which was no use. Uninstalled the controller from the system and rebooted to let it recognise it again but also still no use. Took a look through the system logs in the Event Viewer but it doesn't look like there's anything out of the ordinary at a glance.

Suffice to say I am confused. :( Can anyone help me out?

Edit: Fixed it. Can't believe after trying all this crap, I just flicked the switch on the power supply (essentially turned it off at the wall), booted back up and it was fine. :roll:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 15th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Rsbandb Donor