Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Monitor shuts off, won't turn back on.
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 3:52 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: VettelS
RS Status: P2P
Al3X wrote:
aquw 776 wrote:
Does it only happen when you play this one game? Try playing a similar game to put load on the graphics card and see what happens. It could be software issue with the game.

happens with all games demanding on the graphics card.

This obviously means a hardware issue, which as far as I can see leaves you with two possible problems: the BIOS or the graphics card, the latter being more likely in my opinion. Other than what Shane has suggested, the only thing I can think of is overheating in the graphics card- but this is basically what Shane says anyway.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 3:52 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 9:22 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: FungiMonarch
Clan Name: The Hot Nuns of Taverley
If it is a bad soldering point, then you should probably look into calling in for a replacement. Things like that fall under faulty manufacturing and can actually be replaced for free, or for very little cost.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 4:23 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: EnkindleThis
I would guess that you have a faulty graphics card. I had this exact same problem with an EVGA Geforce 9800 not too long ago.

Register for Dropbox and get both of us bonus storage space on top of the 2GB!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 9:16 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
RS Status: Classic
KefkaticFanatic wrote:
I would guess that you have a faulty graphics card. I had this exact same problem with an EVGA Geforce 9800 not too long ago.

What would you recommend I do? I'm calling the technical suppose tonight/tomorrow. Do you think I would need my receipt?

PostPosted: September 27th, 2009, 12:55 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: VettelS
Al3X wrote:
KefkaticFanatic wrote:

What would you recommend I do? I'm calling the technical suppose tonight/tomorrow. Do you think I would need my receipt?

If you contact the GPU manufacturer, you should get free support. If it comes to needing a replacement, you'll need your warranty.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 1:48 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
RS Status: Classic
aquw 776 wrote:
Al3X wrote:
KefkaticFanatic wrote:

If you contact the GPU manufacturer, you should get free support. If it comes to needing a replacement, you'll need your warranty.

Called BFG/Nvidia support this afternoon. Got someone who's first language was English (that or they were **** good at speaking it) so the phone call was pretty easy. Basically I told them I thought the card was having overheating problems. They asked for temperature readings, which I now know what they are since I installed rivatuner the night before calling (to get temperature readings).

My card was idling at 105 - 112 Celsius. When it would get to 125 Celsius, it would shut itself off. The support agent told me that was way too hot and the card probably has a defective fan. I gave him some more information and I have to mail it off to be replaced.

Now I have to find the drivers for my on-board graphics card as i uninstalled them when i got the new card.

Thanks for the help guys :)

edit: water boils at 100 Celsisus right? I could've cooked stuff on my graphics card :shock:

/thread.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 1:48 pm 
Dragon Member