Post subject: Putting the pieces together
PostPosted: July 26th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Unbirthday
RS Status: P2P
Hey Forum,

I need some guidance and direction. I write and come up with lyrics almost on a daily basis. For awhile I kept spiral notebooks and wrote everything down but found that when I would come back to it later and look at it, I wouldn't know the format in which I wrote it. After that, I decided to start recording myself, rather than writing, to keep the sounds and everything. Right now I sit with roughly 150 voice recordings spread between my laptop, my android, my desktop, and a handheld voice recorder. This is because I record at that moment and I grab whatever is closest that has recording capability. I'm to the point where I would like to do something with these recordings, but I'm not sure what to do or how to proceed from here.

I would really like the insight and suggestion of Davo and/or anyone else with music recording experience. How do I go from lyrics to making a song that isn't made using Windows Sound Recorder.

Music is a passion of mine and I would really like to learn how to move past the creation stage and get to the point where I can share my creations with others.

Appreciate any and all help

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 26th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Putting the pieces together
PostPosted: July 27th, 2012, 3:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
Well you doing this for fun or you want to sell your music for download.
If you can't create your own beats, you can look around online for sample beats that you can just loop. (Done this a few times myself)
There you will have the beat in which you can write the lyrics to form around with, and record in the rhythm that will match said beat.

http://www.looperman.com/

seems promising, haven't yet checked out fully myself.