Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
What do you think of this month?
5/5 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
5/5 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
4/5 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
4/5 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
3/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
3/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
2/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
2/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
1/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
1/5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 26
 Post subject: 1 December 2006 - Behind the Scenes - December
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 9:05 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
www.runescape.com wrote:
1 December 2006 - Behind the Scenes - December
This month, we will kick straight off with a new batch of treasure trails, featuring new challenges based on emotes and items to get you to that crucial next part of the trail. High level trails will require even more thought, but this batch will also come with a huge new set of more than 100 rewards, featuring composite bows, high level prayer gear and new high quality versions of old favourites, such as glory amulets. We're also going to release heraldic helms to go with your armour and some really rather glorious looking posh and emote-improving gear.

All this, and we haven’t even mentioned the utterly unmentionable Third Age items! Items that will be even more difficult to obtain than a Champions Scroll from a pesky imp! Items that will be more sparkling than a wizard's lucky bead! Items so... ahem. Well, we'll let you find that out for yourself.

Reldo and his Knowledge Base team will also be releasing more of the popular area guides to places like Tirannwn, Gu'Tanoth, Morytania, the Kharidian Desert and Ape Atoll, as well as updating some of the older quests to use the Quest Help system.

Speaking of quests, this month's adventure will be an archetypal damsel in distress quest. Sort of. Well, it's going to have a damsel in it, and she'll in a spot of trouble... as anyone would be if they had taken up residence inside Draynor Manor. Will you stop by later this month to assist her with a rather poultry matter? Those who do are bound to find a use for her and her rather odd interpretation of Animal Magnetism.

We will also release a festive edition of the gallery, featuring some of your Christmassy submissions (keep sending them in), plus a few rather special comics. Naturally, Postie Pete's been especially busy preparing for the Christmas rush, but he tells us that he'll still be preparing another batch of letters for your yuletide enjoyment.

The ogres have been petitioning Bandos for a while for a new look fortress, and this December they will get it! He has agreed to give the city of Gu'Tanoth a lick of paint and a spot of spring cleaning, so keep your eyes peeled for a general area improvement of this mysterious, yet rather thuggish place.

And finally, the Christmas Update! This year, the little known Shanty Claws (the Sailor Werewolf) has heard terrible stories about evil activities underneath Karamja Volcano. Apparently children are going missing in the area, and for some strange reason, snow is predicted for the first time on this tropical island! What is really going on here? Are the TzHaar to blame, or is something more sinister up to some rather goblinny tricks? When this update is released later in the month, members and non-members alike will be welcome to join and earn a new seasonal object, and members will receive an additional treat for their player-owned houses.

We hope that your holiday breaks bring you happiness and celebrations, wherever you are!

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 9:05 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 9:23 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
RS Status: P2P
wowie sounds awsomeness, 5/5 from me! i want new items plz !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 9:45 am 
Dragon Member

5/5 from me!

I love treasure trail! Now with these new items it will get even better!

And I wonder about those third age items... Would it be just like dragon spears? Only better? Like 70+ attack needed?

Remember this piece of info:

Quote:
The Third Age - The Godwars
The Third Age was about four thousand years long and also known as the time of the godwars. Stories tell of great and powerful entities and agents of the gods fighting cataclysmic wars during which time humanity could only just cling to survival. The end of the Third Age was said to be denoted by an agreement made by the great gods Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak to not fight their wars on this fragile land for fear they would totally destroy it. They agreed to hold influence on Runescape only through their worshippers and servants among the lesser races.

That sounds as some pretty good, weapons. The person who will have them first can call himself a rich man. Imagine at what prices it would get sold! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 10:04 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
OMG TEH FG!!!!!!! maybey summoning? third age magic? :D :D :D and i think the new weps, maybey like crystal hally? or things for 70+ str?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 1:07 pm 
Adamantite Member

I think its interesting I really am looking forward to the treasure trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 2:13 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Static Muse
I have to get my hands on some of those Third Age items and make some serious cash! :D

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 2:13 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 2:34 pm 
Dragon Member

Looks interesting enough. What irritates me is Jagex's serious lack of details. They have stopped giving cryptic clues out altogether.

However the treasure trail items are going to cost a ton... I think I won't be getting any...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 2:45 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Wow, this month seems great. Lots of people will like the treasure trails but I don't thing I will. I don't want to pay alot of money to look nicer. :? The Third Age items sound ownage, but if their going to be harder to get than a champion scroll from an imp... I'm never going to have one. :wink: I don't really read area guides so they are useless to me :P. I don't use the Quest Help System, and I uses guides. :? The quest looks interesting, but I probably wont do it. I'm really looking forward for the gallery, I love them. :) I like that we keep getting new graphics. :P Christmas update sounds fun, maybe we get a tree for the Player Owned House? :P

Yes, great month indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 3:26 pm 
Dragon Member

Agent Waffles wrote:
Looks interesting enough. What irritates me is Jagex's serious lack of details. They have stopped giving cryptic clues out altogether.

However the treasure trail items are going to cost a ton... I think I won't be getting any...

There was a vote once about how we wanted to get this information. Majority choose for non-cryptic. So that's why they say exactly what's going to happen... I don't like it either..

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 5:10 pm 
Runite Member

Location: (Totally copied this off of Anubis, lolz.) Ivalice w00t!
RS Name: laneami
God War items.. w00t! Also, the treasure trail items sound awesome!

The only problem I have is that I don't like the Christmas event. The TzHaar are awesome, not evil! They pwn humans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 6:55 pm 
Dragon Member

Clan Name: Clanless
5/5 from me as well. I am looking forward to the new treasure trails and the Christmas update. This looks like its going to be a good month.