Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
How Would You Rate This Update?
1/5 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
1/5 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
2/5 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
2/5 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
3/5 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
3/5 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
4/5 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
4/5 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
5/5 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
5/5 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 30
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 11th, 2006, 2:21 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
This isn't a pointless update. It's just still testing. It will become available for members to someday and then it might be usefull for some people.

I wouldn't use because I like to think about a problem. This would spoil my fun, but I guess some people don't think like this.

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 11th, 2006, 2:21 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 11th, 2006, 4:50 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: zackaryb2
RS Status: Classic
Thank god they actually made something for the f2p people [-o<
~Zack

Death was just another walk in the park for Jesus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 11th, 2006, 5:24 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Status: P2P
i didn't rly like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2006, 7:08 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: xan ms
I use guides. So this is another worthless update for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2006, 11:15 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Melanie256
Clan Name: Oak Island Pirates
I've finished all the quests, though it pains me to admit that I used guides on some. :cry:
I think I would have preferred a few small hints to a full guide.

*Totus vestri substructio es usus nobis.
*You'd be surprised at the kinds of chances they have in Hell.
*Corndogs ease the pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2006, 8:31 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
I support this questguide idea 100%!

*Runs from flying knives*

Seriously. There are ... how many free players? A million literally? Ok, now think about the fact that only 10 thousand or so know about Runescape help sites. Maybe more, I'm not one to research these kinds of things.

Anyways, you can go onto any world and after a brief walk around, there's a good chance there's someone there asking for help on a quest. Would you like to be saying 'go to rsbandb for quest help' to a bunch of people who can't type in a URL without 17 questions of ... *Squints at Inglish Translation Dictionary* "Wat da hek u talk about?". Runescape is providing, in a way, a guide for people to follow by specifying actual hints to them without throwing away the challenge altogether. I mean, what's a quest wqhen you follow the guide?

Free exp, that's what. And I hate that.

*Dodges flying axes*

It's not like these hints aren't going to push aside Runescape help-sites, which have already been giving away the challenge the Jagex Team works a WEEK on each.

Seriously, think about this! How would you feel if it took you a week to devise a challenge for people to have fun with only to realize someone has given away the challenge and all they get in return is the asking for more quests and updates because that one 'was too easy'? Why else are they beginning to add randomized puzzles and puzzles you can't actually get the materials for like the secatur enchantment items in A Fairy Tale and the 28 types of bones in 'Bone and Rag Man'? They want their quests to be fun and challenging; something that people can take their time on and enjoy the long-term way.

This is why I never follow any guides.

*Dodges flying barrels*

Now, I'm sure the lot of you have 2 questions:

1: Are you done talking yet?

No!

2: Then why do YOU write guides?

I would answer this one, but it's fairly complex. For those who have an IQ of at least 50 (Pray tell), then keep reading. For those who don't (where to start?), skip the next paragraph (segment of text seperated by a space).

I write guides mostly to prove that it's possible todo the quest without going through it step-by-step. It takes longer, yes, and even longer for me as I'm constantly pasting and modifying screenshots in between sections. I guess I'm contributing to rsbandb, because every Runescape fan-site needs a guide or so to show that people have done these quests and have such experience in the field.

But why guides? Ok, there are many of you out there that can't even fight a friendly 3-headed dragon without a guide, much less do an entire quest where the NPCs even spoil you with 'where to go', 'how to do it', and 'this is what you need'. There's so many of those out there, I would consider it an embarasement to have to use a guide, as it's so simple and straightforward! What does it matter? Somebody out there define the word 'newbie' please without the words 'low-level'? ... I thought so.

*Dodges flying ice giants*

To conclude, I think the Jagex Team have spoiled us enough with this quest help system, but I'm aware that there are people out there who don't like to take the time to read the 'Go to Falador General Store and talk to the shopkeeper' in, not only the NPC speech (who will gladly repeat it for you), but the quest log as well! This hint system is good for those quests where the quest log just doesn't cut it and time-taking exploration is your only option (my favourite part).

All I'm trying to express is that the questhelp system will help people do their quests and enjoy them in the long run instead of having to rely on guides to bring them through it.

... wow. You've read the whole thing? Amazing. If you can read all that I just said and still be living and breathing in your chairs, I think any one of you will be able to take that time (same amount of time, I've timed it)to 'explore' the elemental workshop and figure things out on your own.

*Dodges flying anvils*

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 12th, 2006, 8:31 pm 
Chat Moderator