Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
should we try to take the special reports section off rhq???
Poll ended at March 2nd, 2005, 1:42 am
yes- would prove useful 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
yes- would prove useful 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
no- waste of space 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
no- waste of space 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 24
 Post subject: can we steal???
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:42 am 
rite rhq is down, i'm ova it :( nearly but can we steal their guides and maps i notice u have there quest guides but why not get their clue scrolls guides and other stuff while it is still poss i need that clue scroll info was the most consise guide i ever seen for it
i'm sure the owners of rhq will let u i mean u let them have those amazin calculaors

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:42 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 3:30 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Yes we should the runehq owners didnt create those things imo they was dam right wrong to just shut down the site and risk losing all that info it was the players that made that site and we put the info in, whats worrying is people have gone to diffrent sites and they may all decide to take it. We should get in there first and claim rights. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:39 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bigfoot227
RS Status: Classic
yes we should have the special reports because no one can see the ones from runehq anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:44 am 
This isent stealing...so why steal..RHQ is non existing and the special reports would be great to have here too at least the treasure trail on..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:47 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Status: Retired
Guys, that would be considered plagerism. The only way we can keep their guides is to have permission from their owners, which we don't as of now.

Member #29
RSBandB Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:54 am 
I think we should get them.. or just copy them with our own words:D but I dont think we should get permission from the owners óff Runehq, because they dont own it.. We should ask the ones who made the guides

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:56 am 
chimeng wrote:
Guys, that would be considered plagerism. The only way we can keep their guides is to have permission from their owners, which we don't as of now.

Tell me once then why is the rest of the guides Skill and Quest guides here then ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:58 am 

Quote:

I cant deniy i am slightly mad at them for just shuting it down, really did make it look like they didnt give a dam all that info was proved by players, people went out there way to get it and help others. Why should we start again because they decide to just shut down? It was provided by us in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:01 am 
Bacon look up please...RSBandB have the rights to get stuff from RHQ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:04 am 

Didnt know that i wrote that message the same time you was writing. So rsbandb have rights over everything? How do you know this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:15 am 
seriously! thats way cooh muh k0000 but is there anyway we can get the info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:18 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Status: Retired
Their skills and quests guides are here because RSbandb and RuneHQ had a deal. If RSbandb let RuneHQ use our calculators, then we could use their skills guides and quest guides.

But now since RuneHQ is shutting down, i still dont think its right to take other peoples work.

Member #29
RSBandB Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:41 am 
but its not other peeps work its peeps who will be using this site they will have seen it on the calculators and come here

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 8:17 am 
Why not just keep the runehq guides but allow everyone else to contribute their own guides. I'm sure there's room for improvement regardless of whenever the guide are owned by runehq or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 8:41 am 
Just to straighten anything out that would be disagreements about..

RSBandB have the right to use the stuff from RuneHQ that currently is on this site.. However - they can't just claim that they can take whatever they want from RuneHQ.. RuneHQ has the guides, databases, special reports.. Everything under copyright protection.. Which means that if RSBandB decides to take whatever the hell they want - Stormy and Weezy (The owners of RuneHQ) is allowed to make them remove it.. Otherwise - they can actually get the site closed - period.

Now we wouldn't want that to happen - and however much I really do miss those reports and guides - I do feel that they shouldn't be brought here without permission.. The last thing we want is more RuneScape helpsites closing down.. Some of us already feel like we lost our 'home'.. We don't want to loose another one.