Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:25 am 
hey yall haven't been here in while so hi!!!!!!!!!!

Where are good things to atack that arn't in wildy I'm runnig out of good places to train b/c the jail guards are spread out now and i can't get 4 on 1 any more please help if can

SN is daagemaster on rs2

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:25 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:09 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Quote:
I think it was a sad day yesterday.. RuneHQ closed down for good - and I'm sure I speak for alot of us when I say that we'll have some fond memories of those times when we could surf around RuneHQ.. Now it's gone - and people will migrate to other sites.. Hopefully we'll see alot of familiar faces around here the next few weeks..

RuneHQ will always be remembered for what it was.. A darned good site with alot of nice people and what you needed to help you through the troubles you had in RuneScape..

Very sad..and quiet a surprise i was posting away then i clicked on a link and KABOOM got this message come up, i thought it was a mistake. Once i realized it wasn't i created this post to gather up the rest of the runehqers and inform people of whats happend..then i went and spammed the hell out of runehqs chat room advertising like two others on this post, i don't believe they banned me for it..they shut it down anywho what does it matter? But your right it will be remembered forever. :)

Quote:
hey yall haven't been here in while so hi!!!!!!!!!!

Where are good things to atack that arn't in wildy I'm runnig out of good places to train b/c the jail guards are spread out now and i can't get 4 on 1 any more please help if can

SN is daagemaster on rs2

This isn't the place to be posting your questions in future don't, to answer your question though try moss giants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:21 am 
Quote:
Very sad..and quiet a surprise i was posting away then i clicked on a link and KABOOM got this message come up, i thought it was a mistake. Once i realized it wasn't i created this post to gather up the rest of the runehqers and inform people of whats happend..then i went and spammed the hell out of runehqs chat room advertising like two others on this post, i don't believe they banned me for it..they shut it down anywho what does it matter? But your right it will be remembered forever.

Yes.. I had left my computer for some time to relax, get some food - and watch some Champs League.. When I got back - i just stared at the news on the frontpage for like minutes.. Analyzing it thinking 'this is a REALLY bad joke'.. And then I try to log on to the forum.. Nothing was there anymore.. Logging on to the Flashchat only got me more sad, as Stormy and Weezy were sitting - not really trying to save anything - like the time with RuneHQ hadn't really mattered that much..

I can understand their decision.. But perhaps they should have been more forward in searching for help running the site.. An announcement and a sticky here and there doesn't get the attention of alot of people.. I wish I could turn back time - and start helping - and encourage others to start helping maintaining the site as well.. If we all had taken a bit more responsibility.. We might would have had RuneHQ today as well..

.. But no point in bringing smart remarks to the table when it's too late doing anything.. We can all just think back to the happy days of RuneHQ - I know I'll remember some moments and things from those times..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:31 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bigfoot227
RS Status: Classic
yea I'm sad runehq is no longer but I'm a new member for runescape b&b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:28 am 
norhededk wrote:
Quote:
Very sad..and quiet a surprise i was posting away then i clicked on a link and KABOOM got this message come up, i thought it was a mistake. Once i realized it wasn't i created this post to gather up the rest of the runehqers and inform people of whats happend..then i went and spammed the hell out of runehqs chat room advertising like two others on this post, i don't believe they banned me for it..they shut it down anywho what does it matter? But your right it will be remembered forever.

Yes.. I had left my computer for some time to relax, get some food - and watch some Champs League.. When I got back - i just stared at the news on the frontpage for like minutes.. Analyzing it thinking 'this is a REALLY bad joke'.. And then I try to log on to the forum.. Nothing was there anymore.. Logging on to the Flashchat only got me more sad, as Stormy and Weezy were sitting - not really trying to save anything - like the time with RuneHQ hadn't really mattered that much..

I can understand their decision.. But perhaps they should have been more forward in searching for help running the site.. An announcement and a sticky here and there doesn't get the attention of alot of people.. I wish I could turn back time - and start helping - and encourage others to start helping maintaining the site as well.. If we all had taken a bit more responsibility.. We might would have had RuneHQ today as well..

.. But no point in bringing smart remarks to the table when it's too late doing anything.. We can all just think back to the happy days of RuneHQ - I know I'll remember some moments and things from those times..

Both Stormy and Weezy had no humor at all...not like some of the mods or admins ;)

I was surprised too i was just getting mod logs then the forum message came..i was like Hacked or ..Dumb...i got angry at weezy and deleted her from my msn cause she dident say anythign and just ***** when i messaged her...:D...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:33 am 

Mr stormy and weezy did seem very..uptight to me, was that just me or what? Stress from the site? Or just natural?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:33 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:40 am 
Quote:
Mr stormy and weezy did seem very..uptight to me, was that just me or what? Stress from the site? Or just natural?

I think they were just stressed out by all the noobish "No, PLZZZZZ don't close the site, I'll be mod and help out PLZZZZZZ" + all the flaming - and didn't really bother answering questions in the end..

I tried getting a few questions through to them - but the answers weren't really useful at all.. They just didn't care anymore after listening to all the whining and flaming people could produce..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:40 am 
creepy we all hate you :D..rofl ;) jking...no but weezy was like always in a bad mood... stormy was rarely there anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:44 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: axeking187
I know it must be hard work to run a site that size and I know I don't have the computer knowledge to do it but it also seems that at their age they would have some fun doing it. Any posts I saw from them they were very short tempered and almost rude with the "we own this site so we dont care about you" attitude. The mods are what made that site so good and if Stormy and Weezy cared about Runescape at all they'd allow the databases and special reports to be used on other sites as long as they receive the proper credit. Just my opinion on the subject and thank you very much to rsbandb for providing me a place to say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:44 am 

I always thought i was loved...like the local forum mascot :( (or hobo :shock: ) its all be a lie..ah well wonder if pokamama knew and were she went to..

Anywho whenever i saw stormy or weezy it was just moodyness..ive seen mr stormy calling people idiots before, ok it wasnt aimed at one person but thats still flaming. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 9:48 am 
as i said in another topic they had no humor they coulda leaved the forum open and removed the rules so there would be chaos :D rofl

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:28 pm 
They should have at least warned is they were shutting down, so we could save some post information, signatures, files, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:30 pm 
Dragon Member

Location: I can be found in seers village when the moon is waning and the llamas are in full bloom.
RS Name: Pika69
Im4eversmart wrote:
They should have at least warned is they were shutting down, so we could save some post information, signatures, files, etc.

Meh, that's life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:50 pm 
Stormy edited his post...
Quote:
RuneHq has come to an end
Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 News ID: 00233
Sorry to say folks, but the time for Runehq has ended.

We are sorry to do this but RuneHQ is shutting down effective immeadiately.

The site has turned into a constant source of stress and frustration for us. It has gotten too big and we cannot seem to find adequate help to maintain it. This site has caused way too many fights and problems for us and we need to step away and take a break. If someone is interested in taking over the management and bills for the site, I may be willing to discuss this and let someone else take over. The server costs $210.00 per month. The ads and donations do pay for most of this so far but you cannot count on that and must be willing to pay the difference or all of this cost. I will not however discuss this with anyone under 18 years of age! Also, this domain will always be owned by us because we use it as our primary email addresses and even though we don't want to manage the site, we would still like to be involved if someone else is interested in taking over the management.

Donations have trailed off and our ad clicks were down to 2 or 3 a day and not bringing in enough revenue to pay for the site fully. This may have made it hard on us to continue funding the site in the future and we are kinda tight on funds and cannot absorb the differences if there is a need. We would like to thank those that have donated, but money is NOT the reason we are shutting down the site. It is only a small factor in our decision. Continued dontations will NOT bring the site back. The server is currently payed for until April 1st and we have enough donations since the shutdown to pay for one more month, so if someone takes over, there would not be a server payment needed until May 1st.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME ABOUT FREE SERVERS OR WEB HOSTING! This site can NOT run off a free hosting account, we get too much traffic and require too many resources to run this site for those to work. Again, it is not about Money, or Bandwidth or the server. The main reason for this shutdown is the constant stress and turmoil caused by trying to get things done correctly and not having adequate good help to accomplis this.

We hope you all the best and hope you all luck with your Runescape endevors. We hope you find a good place to call home.

It was fun while it lasted, but this is the end for RuneHQ for Weezy and I.

~MrStormy~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:52 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: irishclover1
Welcome everyone. I've seen a vast increase in the member count since yesterday :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RuneScape » RuneScape General Discussion » Runehq finished, for good. Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12 [ 170 posts ]