Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:13 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: irishclover1
RS Status: P2P
stanley1943 wrote:
You putted up those nice notes and links...
Now I really don't know where to stand at..
Listening to the ppl who got hacked?..? :roll:
Or listen to the ppl who thinks its safe.. :?

Dude half the time people get hacked it is their "own" fault. They may believe that it was Swift Switch that did it but they can't prove beyond their own stupidity that it was in fact Swift Switch that was the culprit.

You can get virues from anywhere; websites, msn, pop-ups, e-mail and many more.

People just blame third-party programs on their own idiocy because they can and it's easy to do.

I'm not saying you should or you shoulden't do it, but if you are going to use it be safe about it and only download from official websites. Also scan everything before opening it.

When I install a program I usually scan the "Install" file and then when it's installed I scan the program files.

So when I installed Swift Switch I scanned C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\SwiftSwitchInstall.exe and then once that was done I scanned C:\Program Files\SwiftSwitch.

Basically you won't have problems unless you bring them upon yourself.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:13 pm 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:16 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
What about if you enter your pass and user name..does it also send to another server or something..
You can't scan that or check that..
And you have good reasons, irish

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:17 pm 
Black Member

stanley1943 wrote:
What about if you enter your pass and user name..does it also send to another server or something..

No it dosen't send it elsewhere. People try to say it does but all it is, is the "Runescape" applet integrated into a third-party program that has a lot of added extra features. So you have nothing to worry about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:19 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

irishclover1 wrote:
stanley1943 wrote:

No it dosen't send it elsewhere. People try to say it does but all it is, is the "Runescape" applet integrated into a third-party program that has a lot of added extra features. So you have nothing to worry about.

Ok..Ill think about that.. But I have to say you give good reasons.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:22 pm 
Black Member

stanley1943 wrote:
irishclover1 wrote:
stanley1943 wrote:

Ok..Ill think about that.. But I have to say you give good reasons.. :D

I have a lot of help by reading over the "facts". All I am doing is making it clearer for the people who need a bit more explaining.

The program is good but when you get morons screaming

"OmFg I juss g0t hax0r3d becuz of Swift Switch, I'm scred for j00 to0. d0n't d0wnload it , it has viruses"

Then it gets people who are going to try it all worried about nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

irishclover1 wrote:

Ok..Ill think about that.. But I have to say you give good reasons.. :D[/quote]

I have a lot of help by reading over the "facts". All I am doing is making it clearer for the people who need a bit more explaining.

The program is good but when you get morons screaming

"OmFg I juss g0t hax0r3d becuz of Swift Switch, I'm scred for j00 to0. d0n't d0wnload it , it has viruses"

Then it gets people who are going to try it all worried about nothing.[/quote]
Good point..And I have nothing to say about SS's feature..They are just great..
And I'm not worry about the virrus and keylogg when you download it since I know program..
I was worrying about the sending thing I said above..But you proved it..so..I guess its ok

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:07 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Roklav
irishclover1 wrote:
stanley1943 wrote:

stanley is right, no one will ever know where the info is sent. you are risking getting these info sent elsewhere.

unless SS is certified and can be downloaded from RS official site, then i won't use it.

i'm a programmer and i know these stuff. there are ways to know the username, pass and IP. you cannot scan the java codes on the program itself.

anyone can and will intercept any info over the net. take emails for example, the mail admin can view your emails anytiime. the SS creator can do it, too.

but is it that hard to open another window? to click detail select if the world i want is full?

Roklav is going to be the best miner smith!!! Ranked 5th miner.

personal best 113 runites
always mining at hero guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:10 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Giantbug123
How can someone be so lazy as to use a world switcher program? I don't care if it's legel, that is irrelevent to whether it is safe or not. And what are you doing advertising here?

I agree with Valkor. Does it really hurt your life THAT much to swich worlds like normal?

219 Quest Points | 96 Combat | 1501 Total Level | Bits and Bytes Forum Member #392

RuneScape RSS Feed | Projects | http://beyondboredom.net/

Image Image Image Image

Last edited by giantbug on February 21st, 2005, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Valkor wrote:

stanley is right, no one will ever know where the info is sent. you are risking getting these info sent elsewhere.

unless SS is certified and can be downloaded from RS official site, then i won't use it.

i'm a programmer and i know these stuff. there are ways to know the username, pass and IP. you cannot scan the java codes on the program itself.

anyone can and will intercept any info over the net. take emails for example, the mail admin can view your emails anytiime. the SS creator can do it, too.

but is it that hard to open another window? to click detail select if the world i want is full?[/quote]
It is going to take a lot of time pressing the detail select if the world is full for like 5 minutes + .. Thats why ppl use it..Especially merchants..
And I guess I'll just not use it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:32 pm 
Dragon Member

Again like i said before

There is no point for swift switch, it just save you 10 second work and make your heart float in air

If you need to take a screenshot just use the classic style, nothing hard about it

If you need the clan names go to runevillage, runeHQ and forums go to their clan section(recruitment) and look for the post numbers, if the numbers of the post is more than five pages, that means it's a big clan

If you need signature designs, our signatures at least is able to compare with icefuzions

If you need calculators and guides, best guides ever, Runehq, best calcs ever rsbandb, it's all on this site..

World switcher?? why the hell you need that?? it's 30 seconds so you'd get plenty of time to go switch a world, it takes me about 25 seconds to load another world, and i have to wait too.. there is no point in world switching

and if your stuff gets stolen, you have no where in hell to get it back,

People saying that SS jacks stuff, they still have 50% to get it right irishclover

besides it loads like a ***** anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:39 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Roklav
i'm a 36 year old programmer so i'm speaking out of experience not just hearsay or imagining things. i administrated networks as well. so i know how to monitor each users and what they're doing.

what difference does one window got over multiple windows? nothing really that will make it worthy to use SS. a SS user is just taking the risk of sending username, pass and IP elsewhere.

unless it is approved by jagex, then i wouldn't recommend using it and stick to the old fashioned way. runescapecommunity is not jagex so it is not certified safe.

i have presented my side against using SS. the rest is up to each one of you. just don't come begging for stuff when you gat hacked.

Roklav is going to be the best miner smith!!! Ranked 5th miner.

personal best 113 runites
always mining at hero guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Valkor wrote:
i'm a 36 year old programmer so i'm speaking out of experience not just hearsay or imagining things. i administrated networks as well. so i know how to monitor each users and what they're doing.

what difference does one window got over multiple windows? nothing really that will make it worthy to use SS. a SS user is just taking the risk of sending username, pass and IP elsewhere.

unless it is approved by jagex, then i wouldn't recommend using it and stick to the old fashioned way. runescapecommunity is not jagex so it is not certified safe.

i have presented my side against using SS. the rest is up to each one of you. just don't come begging for stuff when you gat hacked.

So you can actually monitor other ppl's pass and stuff while your administrating? Thats cool..
And all of you above have good reasons and good points..
But I rather not take the risk..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:51 pm 
Dragon Member

stanley1943 wrote:
Valkor wrote:

So you can actually monitor other ppl's pass and stuff while your administrating? Thats cool..

what do you mean that's cool you planning to hack somebody??

offtopic: and how about my points, you always say they are good reasons and points :)

So for swift switch, if you want to get hacked and item stolen( yes we are scarying you muahahaha) then use it. if you don't they dont't, once you download it, be prepared to be hacked

I demand a lock topic for this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 10:54 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Rocket2004 wrote:
stanley1943 wrote:

what do you mean that's cool you planning to hack somebody??

offtopic: and how about my points, you always say they are good reasons and points :)

So for swift switch, if you want to get hacked and item stolen( yes we are scarying you muahahaha) then use it. if you don't they dont't, once you download it, be prepared to be hacked

I demand a lock topic for this one

:cry: I meant its cool that you can monitor ppl and stuff.. Very fun.. i didn't say this keyword "HACK"..
--
Ok..What you just said was a good point..BE PREPARE TO BE HACKED..The great words..
--

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 11:43 am 
Black Member

Wow, just wow.