Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:19 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: irishclover1
RS Status: P2P
stanley1943 wrote:
ampc wrote:
Certain websites, like tip.it, hate strider for him proving him wrong...it is perfectly safe as long as you download it from runescapecommunity.com, ther is a site called swiftswitch.net that have a copy...but it is keyloged.

Thxs for telling us that net has key log..I tried to download from .net before but it didn't work..
Yeah..Tip.it even made fake replies from Jagex saying you will get banned from using it..sad..

Tip.it in general is sad...

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 3:19 pm 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2005, 9:08 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Roklav
Blckbio wrote:
Lol people get hacked all the time and just because you "know" of five ppl that got hacked with SS doesn't mean it is the dam program :lol:

it's not that easy to perform a password breaker just to hack your account, that will take a lifetime and a hacker will be long gone. it is a "misconception". the only ways another person knows your pass is if you share it with someone, someone looking over your shoulder while typing your pass and having a keylogger.

the SS users i mentioned only lost 1 item, not all their items. if one wants to use SS, it wouldn't hurt to monitor his/her stuffs. whoever is stealing stuff is not stealing at once but taking tidbits out of each SS users.

the safest rule of thumb here is, if it is not on the runescape official site, then it must not be safe.

take note that anyone with java background can make a java client. the programmer can then incorporate a database call to store your username, password and IP while making a call to the RS servers. you are sending that info over the net to logon to the game and the creator of SS can intercept that info.

i'm a programmer so i know these stuff. so unless jagex certifies this application, i wouldn't go near it. if you keep on using SS, then you are taking the risk. your choice.

Roklav is going to be the best miner smith!!! Ranked 5th miner.

personal best 113 runites
always mining at hero guild

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 11:45 am 
Black Member

RS Name: irishclover1
Valkor wrote:
Blckbio wrote:
Lol people get hacked all the time and just because you "know" of five ppl that got hacked with SS doesn't mean it is the dam program :lol:

it's not that easy to perform a password breaker just to hack your account, that will take a lifetime and a hacker will be long gone. it is a "misconception". the only ways another person knows your pass is if you share it with someone, someone looking over your shoulder while typing your pass and having a keylogger.

the SS users i mentioned only lost 1 item, not all their items. if one wants to use SS, it wouldn't hurt to monitor his/her stuffs. whoever is stealing stuff is not stealing at once but taking tidbits out of each SS users.

the safest rule of thumb here is, if it is not on the runescape official site, then it must not be safe.

take note that anyone with java background can make a java client. the programmer can then incorporate a database call to store your username, password and IP while making a call to the RS servers. you are sending that info over the net to logon to the game and the creator of SS can intercept that info.

i'm a programmer so i know these stuff. so unless jagex certifies this application, i wouldn't go near it. if you keep on using SS, then you are taking the risk. your choice.

There are so many other ways to get key loggers on your computer. People just like to blame third-party programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 11:55 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Brad7443
yea, as soon as someone makes a better program than them they spread nasty rumours

Co-host of RSBANDB!Update: 2006-2010
Biggest thorn in Shane's side: 2005-2010

Don't despair because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 12:11 pm 
Runite Member

Location: OmgGgGG stork3r!11!1one oneevelen!1!11 exclamation mark!11!12"
I use it and I think it's fine. The only bad thing about it was that randomly it would switch off world when I'm playing on RS, luckily this never happened whilst I was fighting anything strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 12:13 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Stanley1943
RS Status: F2P
spyder wrote:
I use it and I think it's fine. The only bad thing about it was that randomly it would switch off world when I'm playing on RS, luckily this never happened whilst I was fighting anything strong.

And I want to add one more..It lags..

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 12:13 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 12:24 pm 
Runite Member

stanley1943 wrote:
spyder wrote:

Never lags for me, if my comp is lagging I just close down whatever program is causing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 12:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

spyder wrote:
stanley1943 wrote:
spyder wrote:

Never lags for me, if my comp is lagging I just close down whatever program is causing it.

I don't know why, but when I click the features..it first lags and then frozes..so that I had to restart my computer

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 1:32 pm 
This isnt from me, and i dont know if it had been said, but my sources says that 2 people got a keylogger right after using it, so i dont know if it that safe.. i would rather use RX2 which there is no problems with.. non that i have heard of

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 1:36 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

The axelman wrote:
This isnt from me, and i dont know if it had been said, but my sources says that 2 people got a keylogger right after using it, so i dont know if it that safe.. i would rather use RX2 which there is no problems with.. non that i have heard of

But the RX2..Doesn't have that many features like SS..Thats why ppl don't use it..Some ppl say its lack of update..

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 1:40 pm 
Runite Member

I used to use RX2, but it didn't update for ages, so my friend told me about SwiftSwitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 1:42 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

spyder wrote:
I used to use RX2, but it didn't update for ages, so my friend told me about SwiftSwitch.

That was what I said, Lack of updates..
They don't even have the switcher for the new worlds

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 2:32 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: rob91488
I just got it and I dunno how safe it is but I know that it is freaking AWESOME! So many things you can do at same time. Wowowowowowowowowwow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2005, 2:34 pm 
Black Member

i just got it to wahoooo

sometimes my posts are related to the first couple of replies and theres like 5 pages i didnt read and it look off topic

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:16 am 
stanley1943 wrote:
spyder wrote:

That was what I said, Lack of updates..
They don't even have the switcher for the new worlds

Yes it does, RX2 was updated recently, the lack of updates from december to
well now, was because of a (quite extended) christmas/new year's break, E-Razor stated that on Runehq, but now its updated with all the worlds, but, it maybe wont be updated anymore, as E-Razor used Runehq to store the updates... I hope he finds another place to store them...
RX2 is the best in my opinion, and lag free...