Player Owned Farm!
This week is all about getting your hands dirty. Slaying dragons may be what the fine folk at the Flying Horse Inn are gossiping about, but raising dragons is the calling of the truly bold. So bring not your armour and your sword - it's time to grab some dirty overalls and a mucking fork and get stuck into the wonderful world of farming!
Player Owned Farm is a brand new way to work on your Farming Skill, and was one of the most sought after requests from the community Build-a-Backlog poll. The update comes courtesy of the Judges team, with frequent help and direction from the RuneScape community who spent many hours nattering away with Mod Raven and Mod Rowley in the RuneScape Player Owned Farm Discord channel.
The community has been so involved in the shaping of such a large chunk of this content drop - so a massive, very horticultural 'thank you' to everyone who took the time to help us shape Player Owned Farm!Requirements
Those wishing to brave the world of tillage and animal husbandry will need:
- 17 Farming
- 20 Construction
- Access to the Ardougne LodeStone
- RuneScape Membership
Once you arrive, head over to dear old Granny Potterington and she'll run you through the basics of getting your farm up and running. Once you have completed the tutorial you'll start by farming rabbits, before working your way up through a range of species... and yes, those who put in the hard toil will indeed be able to farm dragons!And on that farm I had a...
So you're probably wondering, how do I get animals for my farm? Well, you can get animals from your farm by:
- Farming Mushrooms
- Killing Animals
(All of the above result in you murdering the parent and stealing their offspring - you utter, cruel, monster.)
- However, you can also buy some animals from Granny should you prefer. (Which is most definitely the nicer option... you're a nice person, right?)
Once you have your animals, here's a few pointers on how the farm operates:
Mucking Out - a new way to get compost!
- There are four different pens: small, medium, large and the breeding pen - it's here that you can make lots of babies and try and create the perfect breed.
- Breeding new animals can result in different perks and traits, and bred animals can even have multiple stackable traits. For example, a bred animal may be less susceptible to disease, or instead return greater than normal XP. Some may have a higher potential to poo gold - yes, you heard us correctly.
- As your animal grows, you'll be able to gather XP and farming materials from it.
- There's also the chance of producing an ultra-rare shiny version of an animal! However, because Mod Raven worked on this farm, you may also find yourself birthing an evil animal. Because of course he would make that possible...
Everybody poos and your new farm animals are no exception. Luckily there's a silver lining to the animals' tendency to distribute their produce far and wide - you can use this as a training method to help you get more farming XP!
With the poo itself you can make standard compost. Plus, if you're lucky enough to have a dragon on your farm, you can use dragon muck to create the all-new Ultra Compost.Rewards
Rewards you ask? Of course there are a "shed-load" of rewards, as if owning your own farm wasn't a reward enough?
- Standard and Ultra Compost
- All new Skilling Potions! (starting from standard, and working up to extremes) - secondary items are gained from gathering from the animals.
The Skilling Potions skills are: Divination, Hunter, Invention and RuneCrafting
Premier Club Pays
- There is also the brand new 'Elite Farmers Outfit'. This is the first Elite Skilling Outfit that is not from Treasure Hunter and is gained in-game. Whoop!
All Gold Premier Club Members can claim a chest from the Grand Exchange, inside which they will find an all new surprise! (and if you've been paying attention you may just know what that is...)Twitch Prime
With Player-Owned Farms releasing this week, we've teamed up with Twitch Prime to offer you the perfect opportunity to relax and live the life-on-the-land you've always wanted: free membership and exclusive loot!
Until 19th September, Twitch Prime members can redeem a fully packed "Umbral pack" with a 1-month FREE RuneScape membership and all these items:
- Exclusive Umbral Flame Blade cosmetic weapon override
- Exclusive Umbral Armour cosmetic armour overrides
- Exclusive Umbral Crassian companion pet
- 2 Umbral Chests (guaranteed super-rare prize)
- 15 Treasure Hunter Keys
- 200 RuneCoins
This limited-time offer can be redeemed by new RuneScape players as well as existing members (i.e. the free month stacks up at the end of your recurring membership if you already have one).
What are you waiting for? Hit that twitch.tv/prime
link and claim your free loot. And don't forget that every new Twitch Prime membership comes with a 30-day free trial.
One of the perks of Twitch Prime is also a free subscription to a Twitch streamer every month. So, why not support one of our brilliant content creators? Check who's live now and show your support for them. You can find all the details on how to subscribe to a Twitch channel here
Do you watch our live streams? It's a great opportunity to grab a LootScape Loot Chest and get yourself some awesome in-game goodies! Just connect your RuneScape and your Twitch account, then tune into one of our RuneScape live streams to get some free stuff.
Tune in to our next streams to receive one random Elite skilling outfit piece, possibly the DG outfit! If you receive an already owned one, it'll be switched for a random drop of either a gp bag or bonus item.
Ironmen aren't forgotten, they will receive the Deep Sea Fishing emote.
Exciting isn't it?! So don't wait up, connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more about it here
. Once that's done, have fun and watch the stream for a guaranteed drop!Live Streams this Week
Each week, we host developers QAs, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it's all live on our Twitch channel
, join us!
Missed a stream? Don't worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. So be sure to Subscribe
to it!Monday, September 3rd - 18:00 UTC (Game Time) - Patch Notes Teasers
As today we are launching the awaited Player-Owned Farm update, we're inviting you all to join Mod Lee for a very special livestream. Farmer's hats on, discover this brand new way to train your Farming Skill from the point of view of a high-level Scaper!
Watch live on Twitch - be sure not to miss it!LootScape will be enabled, a random unowned Elite skilling outfit piece will be a guaranteed drop.Friday, September 7th - 16:00 UTC (Game Time) - Patch Notes Teasers
Join Mod Chaose and Mod Poerkie for the Patch Notes Teasers, a stream where they show you some of the new content you can look forward to next Monday!
Watch live on Twitch - be sure not to miss it!LootScape will be enabled, a random unowned Elite skilling outfit piece will be a guaranteed drop.Sunday, September 9th - 18:00 UTC (Game Time) - PvM with Mod Lee
Join our resident PvM expert with another mass this Sunday, live on Twitch!