Post subject: D3X1AN's Diary
PostPosted: May 26th, 2021, 11:42 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: D3X1AN
RS Status: P2P
Hi all,

I thought I'd keep a small "diary" of my progress though RuneScape. I hope you don't mind me posting this, any pointers you may have will be most welcome as I am overwhelmed trying to learn some of the training methods in this game now.

Currently I have an RS3 and an OSRS main (the OSRS main is now three days old), I'm not an "efficient" player and focus mostly on skilling. Though I have played the game for many years on and off, I'm quite the newb when it comes to optimum training, equipment etc.. as the last time I played (before getting back in Nov '20) was when a full set of Dragon armour was considered the best in the game (and that's the armour I still have).

I'm also only on 204m wealth (according to the evaluator), the dream is to hit 1b and beyond!

Anyway my current goals are;

RS3
By the end of 2021
99 Mining
99 Smithing
99 Fishing
99 Cooking
80 Archaeology

Current stats (Updated 2nd July 2021)
99 Mining & Skilling Pet
96 Smithing & Skilling Pet
99 Fishing & Skilling Pet
96 Cooking
65 Archaeology

OSRS
By the end of 2021
50 Attack, Strength, Defence
50 Slayer
50 Agility
50 Theiving

Current stats (updated 10th June 2021)
20 Attack
20 Strength
20 Defense
1 Slayer
1 Agility
28 Theiving

A long way to go but I'll be happier than you could imagine when I see my first 99!!

Thanks all,

- Dex

Last edited by D3X1AN on July 2nd, 2021, 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 26th, 2021, 11:42 am 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: D3X1AN's Diary
PostPosted: May 26th, 2021, 11:45 am 
Bronze Member

25th May 2021
98 Mining

Attachment:
Screenshot_2021-05-25-11-32-51-54_62d80df4616a9595c3c5b2cb0ab939d5.jpg

PostPosted: May 26th, 2021, 11:59 am 
Bronze Member

OMG!! I literally just unlocked "Rocky"

He's now my second skilling pet after "Smithy"

Only took 12,469,836 exp to get there!!

Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg

PostPosted: May 26th, 2021, 1:29 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
sweet, great job dude.

Don't forget about using the wish.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2021, 11:57 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Great idea! I had a couple goal tracking threads back in the day. Great way to help remind yourself and share your progress with everyone else. :)

Tips wise, not much off the top of my head. There are so many great guides on YouTube you can look up that are up-to-date with the latest and best training methods. That's a great place to start.

These are a few basic tips I would recommend:
  • Use Bonus Experience (BXP) wherever you can. You will primarily get this from Treasure Hunter, but you can get it from in game too. It essentially doubles how quickly you level. Use it on skills you don't like leveling or want to get knocked out faster.
  • Focus on the skills you want the most or are close to getting your goal for. Seems pretty straightforward, but it helps keep you motivated and on track.
  • Monthlies/Weeklies/Dailies - Super great way to get free exp for just a little bit of your time. Giant Oyster is great for fishing exp. And if you have a monthly reset token, you get twice the exp per month
  • Questing - Quests will open up areas, items, and new ways of training. Even if the lore is whatever to you, the things you can unlock will help a ton with training. Especially unlocking Elf City helps a lot.
  • Achievement diaries - Same as questing. Great unlocks and hands, quality of life improvements.
  • Daily Challenges - These give you a huge exp reward for typically doing fairly easy training tasks. Definitely worth doing these to get a quick bump in exp daily. And the more 99s you get, you can filter those out so you only get challenges for skills you want to train.

Those are just a few of a myriad of tips I could give. The main thing is to focus on your goal and work towards it daily. Even if just for an hour. That time adds up. You'll hit your goals eventually if you keep working at it. :)

If you have any questions or are looking for specific tips or training suggestions, hit me up here or in game and I'll do my best to help!

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: June 1st, 2021, 2:56 am 
Bronze Member

Thank you for the reminder of the wish trekkie, I had left it in my bank and not touched it! Think I'll be using it for DXP as my invention level is so low.

I haven't looked at achievement diary's, didn't even know about them before you raised it Duke Juker - RS3 feels like a very alien game to me sometimes, it's such a huge change from the game I played all those years ago. I've started questing on OSRS and it's so much fun going back to the old quests, I'm doing them by following the "Optimal Quest Guide" on the wiki. Who knew that sheep shearing used to be fun!?!

I've updated the first post with progress. Almost at Mithril armor and weaponry on OSRS with over 600 bones in the bank and about as much chicken/raw beef. I'm aiming to use absolutely everything I get to build up each skill without buying items from the GE - I just wasn't brave enough to attempt Ironman mode.

My biggest update is:
Attachment:
Screenshot_2021-06-01-09-50-18-64_62d80df4616a9595c3c5b2cb0ab939d5.jpg

99 Mining :mrgreen:
Does this mean I'll get a mention in the next RS B&B Podcast? :shock:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get my mining cape and start on that 99 smithing....

I'm so excited about a digital cape for my digital persona it's slightly ridiculous! :lol:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 1st, 2021, 2:56 am 
Bronze Member

PostPosted: June 4th, 2021, 1:54 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
No worries. It's a lot to take in. The longer you are away, the more things change and the harder it becomes to keep up. For instance, I left before player owned farming was a thing. Still have barely touched it. And there's still a lot to learn and I'm a max player!

Just ask around and people are pretty willing to get you pointed in the right direction. :P

Grats on 99 Mining! Smithing was reworked and makes a bit more sense now to train. You'll be at 99 in no time. :D

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: June 10th, 2021, 1:34 pm 
Bronze Member

New update; I'm running through the latest Yak Track on RS3, going to try and make it to track 40 this time, highest I've managed before is 28 (only done two since coming back to RS3).

OSRS, I have gained 20 in all combat stats and am on 28 theiving as I type, aiming for a nice 50 on this skill, I find something quite relaxing about stealing tea from the stall in Varrock, not the most efficient XP wise but I don't have access to many areas yet.

Will be questing hard on OSRS soon!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2021, 6:06 am 
Bronze Member

A bit of a nothing update this week, I've been spending hours on Yak Track but have only got to Track 19, getting 150k Archeology experience seems to be taking me forever! On the plus side, I'm plowing through the collection logs and gotten to level 62 in Archeology and having quite a lot of fun doing so.

Got myself to a nice level 30 thriving on OSRS

Until next time, keep 'scaping.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2021, 9:17 am 
Bronze Member

Hi all,

Nothing much to report, I'm still working on Yak Track, got the slow grind of Construction to go now. Currently on task 35. Hoping to get to task 40.

Today, I did hit the 2000 skill total milestone so that's a huge achievemnt for me.

358k XP until level 99 fishing (still no fishing pet).

Keep safe everyone.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2021, 5:57 am 
Bronze Member

This week has been a slow slog through YakTrack. I'm up to task 47, trying to level up Hunter - I'm really aiming for that 50th tier but I'm out of skips and I think task 48 (Runecrafting) will ruin me!

On the plus side I have my second ever 99 on my account.

99 Fishing completed!
Attachment:
Screenshot_2021-07-02-09-25-00-79_62d80df4616a9595c3c5b2cb0ab939d5 (2).jpg

The screenshot is terrible thanks to the mobile app having it's usual mess up with the chat box. :roll:

Then, thanks to a whirlpool even in deep sea fishing, I finally unlocked the fishing pet. So, 99 Fishing followed by the skilling pet in the same couple of hours play time. Happy times!
Attachment:
Screenshot_2021-07-02-10-10-53-23_62d80df4616a9595c3c5b2cb0ab939d5.jpg

I'm off to get my second skill cape and feel smug.

Happy 'scaping people.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2021, 2:01 pm 
Bronze Member

I took a screenshot of today's achievement and then shut down my laptop without saving it. Bit annoying but...

99 Cooking has been achieved :)

No pet yet, guess I'll have to keep grinding those blue jellyfish.

Cooking Cape perk is super handy 'never burn food'.

Should have two 99s in the achievements section of the podcast this week. Awesome feeling!

PostPosted: August 7th, 2021, 1:51 pm 
Bronze Member

Bit late on this one but...

99 Smithing has now been added to the skill total, this gives me four level 99s now :)

I can't help but laugh every time Shane or Tanis try to pronounce my user name. If either of you see this, it's Dexian as in Dex-Ian :P

Enjoy those double xp gains people, I'm off to get some woodcutting and theiving in.

Post new topic Reply to topic Forum Index » RuneScape » Goals & Accomplishments » D3X1AN's Diary Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]