Post subject: Hiscores glitches/suggestions
PostPosted: December 10th, 2014, 10:10 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Its Arceus
RS Status: F2P
Hello! I was admiring myself in looking over our community hiscores and noticed a couple things. For the Zamorak hiscores, some people have over 100%. It looks like that needs to be rebalanced or something, maybe due to being thrown off by the new skill? Anyway another thing I wanted to point out is that if your skill level is between 99 and 100 for a given skill, it shows the level up bar as having the appropriate portion filled up, despite the fact that 99 is indeed the last level - see the image believe this paragraph. Past level "100" it does show a full bar as I believe was intended. I'm assuming that there's an if{...<=99} somewhere in the code and that needs to be changed to 98, so would it be possible to fix that?

In fact it got me thinking if it might be possible to list virtual levels for players with experience over 99. Many players seem to be going for 120 capes or just more xp after 99, and it is nice to be able to see progress in levels all the way up (to 126). I don't mean to inflict you guys with work, just trying to make a constructive suggestion :D.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 10th, 2014, 10:10 am 
Adamantite Member

Post subject: Re: Hiscores glitches/suggestions
PostPosted: December 10th, 2014, 10:43 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Thanks for the suggestions, Arceus. Those things are definitely on the list with the high scores upgrade that will be coming.

I've been working on some server software upgrades for the past while now. I promise the high scores will be the next thing that receives some much needed care and upgrades from me.

If you have more suggestions, feel free to post them.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 5:49 am 
Adamantite Member

Actually I did have another idea, now that I think about it. According to your FAQ, you get removed (temporarily) from the hiscores if you do not visit and log in to the forums for a week. Could that be relaxed just a little? I visit here at least daily most of the time, but once in a while I go on vacation with family and I may not even have a reliable internet connection for a week or two. I'm sure other people could find themselves in a similar situation. I'm not sure if you would be willing to bump it up a little or maybe just for users with a sufficiently high post count, but it's just a thought I had.

Regardless, I'm not planning on logging in or posting less, so I guess it's not really a big deal.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2014, 10:02 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The requirements have already been relaxed actually. The current requirements are that a user must have been a member for 30 days, and must have logged in in the past 30 days. I think a number of people have changed their RS name and have not updated their forum profile.

In any case, with the upgrade, I will not hide anyone's progress anymore. We'll have a separate section for active community members that will force a daily update, but anyone will be able to always look up their stats for an update. It's already tied into the sig and calculator updates and storing progress for everyone using those, just don't have the views for it yet.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 5:36 am 
Adamantite Member

Oh, I'm sorry :x, perhaps I misunderstood the FAQ. It says:

Quote:
These high scores are composed of people who enter their Runescape character(s) name in the RSN fields on the RSBandB forums. There are certain requirements for being active on the forums including length of membership, and activity on forums. The current requirements are:

-You must have been a member of the RSBandB community for at least one month
-You must have posted at least once in a forum with post count in the last month
-You must have logged in to or visited the forums within the past week.

so I thought it meant all three of those.