Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 451 - Breaking Records
PostPosted: February 8th, 2014, 5:43 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
We discuss our renewed love for Abyssal Demons as well as a reminder as to why the combat beta is important. We also break a RSBANDBUpdate! record.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane (@Shane12088) and Trekkie
Duration: 1:28:18

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 8th, 2014, 5:43 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 451 - Breaking Records
PostPosted: February 24th, 2014, 7:14 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Dear Gardengal4 (and the rest of the RSBandB Community):

Let me tell you a little story. So, here I am driving to work, doing what I normally try and do; that is, catch up on my listening to my favourite podcast: RSBandBUpdate!. My drive to work is only 20 minutes or so, so this means that I can get through an episode in about 2 to 3 days. Unfortunately, 2014 has been quite a busy year so far (IRL), with all the cold weather and with major projects having to be completed at work. This sadly caused me to not only have very little time to play in "The Scape" but also to download and listen to the podcast. I actually got behind a whole month with my listening [-X .

So here's a lesson that I learned today: This morning, I finished listening to the episode RSBANDBUpdate! 451 - Breaking Records. I finally 'got' :shock: the show title when I got to the Achievements of the Week section of the show. Both Shane and Trekkie characterized my reaction to the news of Gardengal4's achievement perfectly!. Yes Trekkie, I actually did tear up :cry: and yes Shane, I felt nothing other than pride :D in the fact that I inspired someone to follow in my footsteps and achieve multiple 99's in one day. I was not at all disappointed or mad at the fact that my record was broken, however I was extremely disappointed and mad at myself :oops: for not being there when it happened so that I could congratulate Gardengal4 on this awesome achievement, given the fact that she so graciously pointed out that I was the source of her inspiration. Unfortunately, by the time I actually heard she was planning to get 13 99's on February 1st, the date had come and gone #-o . (I will spare you the expletives I internally vocalized to myself when I realized that I had missed it all). All that being said, things IRL can sometimes get in the way of leisure time, and I know it wasn't my fault. Nevertheless, I do wish to sincerely apologize for not being there.

However, most of all I wish to send my sincerest congratulations to Gardengal4 on such a wonderful achievement!!! =D> Records are meant to be broken and I'm so glad that my record of 12 99's achieved on 12/12/2012 was an inspiration for others to achieve more. Keep up the great work everyone! Now, please excuse me while I wipe my eyes and blow my nose.

Most sincerely,
Uncle Dano

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: February 25th, 2014, 1:13 am 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
And warm fuzzies were had by all. :D

PostPosted: February 27th, 2014, 8:23 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: gardengal4
Sweet, Thank you Uncle Dano. I wished you have been there also. You were there in spirit I know.