Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 373 - Resistance Is Futile
PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 3:20 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Prisoners of Walrus, Battlefish, and bug abusers banned once again.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane, Trekkie, and Earth
Duration: 1:36:07

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 3:20 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 373 - Resistance Is Futile
PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 4:06 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: JessePinkman
Clan Name: The Cafe
The reward for early bird tome is actually 10k Thieving and 40k Fishing, not the other way around. Otherwise great show as usual, and they really should have a battlefish minigame!

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

653rd to 120 Divination
550th to 200m Divination

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 4:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
It's fine to put rares back in the market because in the real world, just because someone goes to jail doesn't mean their stuff isn't still in the world. It's better to keep the rares in because there are so few of them anyway, it won't make the price go up anyway. No one would know which rares were affected.

I must say, I do like the brief style you guys did at the start. I think people should just read the notes for the show, but since I don't think most people do, having the brief is a good way to go. I'd say stick with it.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: August 12th, 2012, 10:22 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
Hmm. I'll be honest and say I'm not too fond of the new set up. What I originally thought is that you guys were going to do is just do a quick rundown of the news posts of the week, then go into some analysis of it; where the goal was to spend less time reading the news post and more on your opinions. That's not really what happened though. You guys did the rundown, but then did what you always do and one by one went and basically read them to us. This isn't faster, in fact, this probably took more time.

My recommendation would be to give the run down right after introducing the hosts, or hell, couple it with the intro. Then, one by one, give us about a minute of paraphrasing the article (this of course, requires all of the hosts to actually read them...), then go into analysis. The analysis is what we want to hear. Myself particularly, I want to know how each news article changes the game from how it previously was; i.e., the impact on me as a player. Yeah, I may miss something on the front page which makes an in-depth read helpful, but if you really want to eliminate the boring filler, don't read the news word for word to us. We all have the ability to read the full news posts if we want more detailed info. Don't necessarily skip over anything, but don't spoon feed it to me either.

The listener relies on the hosts to deliver the point, along with the effects of something. We trust you to make informed decisions as to what to spend time on, and what not to. That's why it is so important for the hosts to keep focused and be up to date on everything. This episode in particular, it seemed like all of the hosts were very aloof. Keep it fun and informal, but at least be attentively listening and participating in the discussion.

Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work and thanks for answering my question. <3