Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 367 - Selling Tissues 1k Each
PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 2:33 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
The Evolution of Combat beta is here and we spend a great deal of time talking about it. We will be back to our usual 90 minute show lengths next week.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane, Chief Snake, Trekkie, and Earth
Duration: 2:08:57

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 2:33 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 367 - Selling Tissues 1k Each
PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 7:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
So your rwt tissues now I see, well now I have something to do :)

PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 7:53 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Even though Shane said private messages, he told me to post it here so I'll start the rap conversation off:
Some rap is alright... But most of it is about *** and drugs... And has no reason to be made. I know, someone's going to say that classic rock was the exact same thing, but classic rock wasn't really for money and most of it was based on experience, not just trying to brainwash everybody listening to it and therefore making those that do listen... Uh, how do I put this nicely? Brainless? Moronic?

PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 9:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
woah there I don't know the context but woah. Maybe not all classic rock was made for money but neither is all rap. Look at Kiss, where the band or at least Gene Simmons even says their existence has nothing to do with music, it's just about money. BUT SOMEHOW THEY SHOULD BE RESPECTED! Once upon a time the $$ potential wasn't as big as now so obviously you're going to get more of it
Lol it's funny because turn on classic rock station in the car or teacher puts on classic rock during the class and every song, *** *** drugs *** *** drugs ROCK N ROLLLL *** *** *** ***, and many people who like this are like wah wah rap wah. The hypocrisy is disgusting.
If you don't like it don't listen, it's not made for you. You don't have to derail the fans of a genre because of your personal taste. Liking one thing over another doesn't make you more sophisticated than anyone else.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 5:59 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
With respect to lyrics, the content of a song (whether it be rap or classic rock) is just as important as the musical composition itself. Not all genres of music are for everyone. I personally agree that both rap, some classic rock, and especially many pop artists today write songs that contain subject matter and lyrics that are objectionable. However, I grew up in the classic rock era and not ALL classic rock bands wrote songs like that. Some, maybe, but it wasn't as prevalent as in today's music. That's just my perception, anyway.

A good song will tell a good story with its lyrics and be a composition musically that will be memorable. I can honestly say that no rap or pop songs will ever be considered "a classic", played by future generations. Have you noticed that some teenagers today have really gotten into the "retro" classic rock genre? Those songs truly will be played over and over again, generation after generation. It was good music, period. The only reason "artists" (and I use that term very loosely) today use nasty lyrics, is to attract listeners purely for the shock value. Not because its a good song or a good musical composition. In the end, the song will be listened to for a short while and then die forever, never to be heard again. They got their money from the song, and its now time to move on.

I do not agree that all bands in the classic rock era were purely out for the money. They were producing good music and that was their priority. Not saying that in the process they didn't make a lot of money. They did. But, I just don't see the same level of artistry in today's musicians.

As far as the RuneScape rap song, I found it very difficult to even understand the words. I'm not a fan at all of that style of music.

On a final note, I think that the hosts did a fantastic job of covering the Evolution of Combat Beta. It's a very complex change that Jagex is making and everyone is going to have a huge learning curve. You guys did a great job in introducing us to the extent of these upcoming changes.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Just as a random note, I love you posting it on YouTube, it motivates me to listen to it more. Keep it up! :D

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm 
Runite Member