Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Out of 10.
1 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
1 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
2 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
2 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
4 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
7 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
7 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
8 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
8 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
9 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
9 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
10 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
10 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
RuneScape's for noobs. I play Skyrim. 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
RuneScape's for noobs. I play Skyrim. 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 68
 Post subject: How would you rate the new, bot-free RuneScape experience?
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 7:30 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I get membership again tomorrow for the few weeks over christmas, and i noticed that now the game seems to be significantly 'emptier'. I would have thought yesterday (Monday 7pm British Time) would have been peak-time but only 89 thousand were on.

So how would you rate the game now, taking into account everything, general playability, the economy(ies), end-game boss areas, gathering and skilling, in comparison to the 3/4 years of decline and why?

(Are there less world servers now?)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 7:30 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: How would you rate the new, bot-free RuneScape experienc
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 9:06 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
It's not a bot free experience though. Some bot programs have adapted and others have flat out rebuilt new ones to work around Jagexs fixes. Theres fewer bot programs right now i suppose with new ones being made. But then if my bot program of choice died I'd simply switch to another. Which is what every botter has done.

The reason (in my opinion) that RS seems rather empty is because of how terrible the game is now. The updates are few and far between and when they do come out there poor. Jagex is becoming a complete ***** (although most people seem alright with that right now can't think why) theres no sense of accomplishment, everything is cheapened and made easier and handed to you on a plate. I'd be bored if i played this game from new today. There insistance on trying to copy other MMO's instead of trying to be unique and do there own thing only further points out how technically limited they are compared to other MMO games. Instead of trying to play to there strengths there running after other MMO's trying to be just like them.

Without the Gowers in charge there clearly just an average developer whos lost the plot and are rather effectively running there only success (everything else they've attempted to make/got behind has failed) into the ground. At it's peak it was pushing 200-300k people online. It's been dropping for years now. It's not a coincidence that this happens as the overall quality drops from the game.

I'd rate it 2/10. They get a 2 cause of all the content already in game it's about the only thing it has on other MMO's these days.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 9:13 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Bot-free is the way this game is supposed to be played. You can hear what I think about the removal of bots from the game here (starting from time stamp 34:40):

RSBANDBUpdate! 339 – The Moral of The Story

Definitely 10 out of 10! =D>

P.S. And while some bots may be returning, I'm sure Jagex will fine tune their tactics to keep them at bay and not let them overtake RS again. I have faith.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 10:29 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
7/10, also I play Skyrim.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 10:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I haven't been playing much but bot "free" would be a lot better under an older version of Jagex.
From when I have been playing it hasn't really changed the game to me, besides emptier I guess and less people going around BOT? BOTTER? REPORTED

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 12:41 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Uncle Dano wrote:
Bot-free is the way this game is supposed to be played. You can hear what I think about the removal of bots from the game here (starting from time stamp 34:40):

RSBANDBUpdate! 339 – The Moral of The Story

Definitely 10 out of 10! =D>

P.S. And while some bots may be returning, I'm sure Jagex will fine tune their tactics to keep them at bay and not let them overtake RS again. I have faith.

And yet, there are people who no-life in game to get levels or resources which I would say is equivalent to botting (the only difference being they are spending all the time at the computer). That is clearly part of the game is it not? Is that how the game is supposed to be played...spending long periods of time leveling or doing whatever?

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 12:41 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Chat Moderator

^That's a good point, indeed. Not sure how we can deal with that though. Some people have the opportunity to spend more time in-game than others. Not sure how to level out that playing field. Don't think you can or perhaps should. Doesn't seem fair though does it? As an occasional player I know that I will not be able to really compete fairly against someone who doesn't have the same real life commitments as I do. At least it's a real person and not just the computer running a macro that I'm trying to compete against. That does mean something to me.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 8:37 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
8/10 for me. I like how the skilling areas that used to be overrun with bots are now fairly empty. Also the prices have risen, which is great for a person who makes their money off skilling.

Dragon Member #90

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 9:34 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Colour based bots are slowly becoming widespread, hopefully they take care of them.
But 8/10 since they got rid of basically all of the bots for a long time.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 9:00 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
Clan Name: Tmoa
You can finally make money from skilling again. It makes prayer and herblore etc. much more expensive though, as there aren't thousands of camping bots gathering stuff for it.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 11:58 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Ataronchronon wrote:
You can finally make money from skilling again. It makes prayer and herblore etc. much more expensive though, as there aren't thousands of camping bots gathering stuff for it.

That's another thing, too. This bot period lasted so long that it has greatly affected many people's gameplay in a positive manner which others may never experience. Levels and resources were much easier to get, inevitably benefiting those playing. It affected how available resources were and how fast levels could be gained even by genuine players, giving them an unfair advantage over past and future players. Past players had to work harder with fewer resources (not to mention without the GE) to get their levels and new players face that same past condition. I'm not saying there is anything that can or should be done to fix this...only that it was a period of time beneficial to those playing at that time. That's unfair, but it is what it is.

To summarize: If only it could have been done sooner. #-o

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 6:31 am 
Chat Moderator

Yes, indeed, Duke! Because it is almost impossible to train a lot of skills without buying additional supplies via the G.E., everyone was receiving more goods for every gp spent. I too did buy such things as logs, bones and ores, and I'm sure lots of those came from bots. :-$ I'm not proud about that fact and in fact feel a bit "dirty" for partaking in the consumption of "ill-gotten gain". :oops: But, as you said, it was what it was.

But, I also look at it this way: the cheaper price we paid for all those goods that the bots collected, is a small consolation for the extreme competition we had to endure when they were in the game. Did you ever try and chop down yews south of Seers' Village when the bots were rampant? Or, try and compete against all the green dragon bots, or chin hunter bots? Or, try and mine coal in the mining guild with them there? It was horribly frustrating! ](*,) It was a small consolation being able to buy some goods at a lower price.

But, now I am extremely happy that in-game the only characters I'm competing against for resources are real players.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 12:50 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Uncle Dano wrote:
Yes, indeed, Duke! Because it is almost impossible to train a lot of skills without buying additional supplies via the G.E., everyone was receiving more goods for every gp spent. I too did buy such things as logs, bones and ores, and I'm sure lots of those came from bots. :-$ I'm not proud about that fact and in fact feel a bit "dirty" for partaking in the consumption of "ill-gotten gain". :oops: But, as you said, it was what it was.

But, I also look at it this way: the cheaper price we paid for all those goods that the bots collected, is a small consolation for the extreme competition we had to endure when they were in the game. Did you ever try and chop down yews south of Seers' Village when the bots were rampant? Or, try and compete against all the green dragon bots, or chin hunter bots? Or, try and mine coal in the mining guild with them there? It was horribly frustrating! ](*,) It was a small consolation being able to buy some goods at a lower price.

But, now I am extremely happy that in-game the only characters I'm competing against for resources are real players.

That's why I used the non-English servers eventually. Not a single bot in sight that I could see. :wink: I suppose the gathering skills would be quite a bit competitive. Indeed it was better for non-gatherers.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 3:02 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Jmycenae
I am afraid that it is not entirely bot-free. I have seen a few scattered about, and think that they are increasing again. I saw a hunter bot the other day that was behaving very oddly - it kept thinking it could check my traps and running over to stand on top of them.

In general, though, the fact that the bots are mostly absent has removed a huge irritant from the game, and made it seemed friendlier to know that the people you seen running all around you are actually people.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 8:11 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: Poison Nova
Clan Name: Dark Dreams
I too have began to see more bots filter back into the game in the recent days. I hope Jagex can prevent it from destroying the progress they've made on the issue thus far.