Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: xbox 720 confirmed
PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... oft-source-confirms/

The next generation Xbox will launch in 2013, according to a CNET source said to be working within Microsoft's Xbox team.

Click to view larger image
Multiple sources also informed the tech site that there's a new face responsible for Xbox brand and design leadership as Microsoft moves towards launching Xbox 360's successor.

Don Coyner, who had guided that strategy since Xbox's inception over a decade ago, and most recently served as general manager of entertainment design at Microsoft, has reportedly taken on a different role at the company.

Emma Williams, who led the launch of the new Xbox 360 dashboard as general manager of Xbox Experiences, has apparently assumed Coyner's former position.

Microsoft refused to comment on a potential Xbox 360 successor or personnel changes.

The firm has long spoken of its ten-year plan for Xbox 360, which launched in late 2005, but that doesn't rule out a successor launching during the period, according to European Xbox boss Chris Lewis, who said in August:

"We think we're a little over halfway with the life cycle of the console, but that's not to say there won't be an overlap. I'm not going to announce specifically or talk about timing. But you could imagine there could be overlap, it depends. We're not being specific about the next generation at this stage."

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm 

Post subject: Re: xbox 720 confirmed
PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 8:57 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
So what will actually be different besides changing it from 360 to 720?

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 9:02 pm 

1080p? that's what i'm assuming.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 10:13 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Almost all games are already 1080p on the 360.

Likely just updated hardware if the rumors are true.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2011, 1:03 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I'm curious to see if Live will launch with all the movies and content it currently has. You gotta assume those terms were negotiated for the 360 only and any new console wont count. So it'll be interesting to see if they renegotiate that stuff before launch...I'd hope so otherwise Live might feel a bit barebones.

Another thing that will be wait n see is if they launch with some form of Kinect or if they use a controller. It'll most likely be a no buy from me if they move towards Kinect but after the time and money they invested into that thing i can't see them just walking away from it.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2011, 5:40 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
CreepyPirate wrote:
I'm curious to see if Live will launch with all the movies and content it currently has. You gotta assume those terms were negotiated for the 360 only and any new console wont count. So it'll be interesting to see if they renegotiate that stuff before launch...I'd hope so otherwise Live might feel a bit barebones.

Another thing that will be wait n see is if they launch with some form of Kinect or if they use a controller. It'll most likely be a no buy from me if they move towards Kinect but after the time and money they invested into that thing i can't see them just walking away from it.

How about this?

How fun would it be to use that controller? About as fun as this one.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 17th, 2011, 5:40 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: December 18th, 2011, 12:39 am 

considering what is going on. i'd think we will be moving toward motion technology. there is a reason we have kinetic and ps3 go

PostPosted: December 18th, 2011, 1:40 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Duke Juker wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

How about this?

[i mg]http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Xbox_720_controller_by_alessandelpho.jpg[/img]

How fun would it be to use that controller? About as fun as this one.

[im g]http://wrestlingclique.com/images/imported/2006/12/ps3controllerou0-1.jpg[/img]

How about.... a good 'ol keyboard. That'll kill part of the PC vs. Console war, but it won't be long until the console hardware becomes outdated again, IF it's not already outdated at launch.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2011, 3:51 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I wouldn't buy it if it came with a keyboard. If i want a PC I'd buy a PC. I want a manly controller in my hands.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 11:59 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Sounds like E3 this year will bring plenty of nice news. Could be CES, but I'd doubt it for such a gaming-oriented announcement.

EDIT - Also, the Xbox 720 was seen in the trailer/movie of Real Steel..

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 9:30 am 
Black Member

RS Name: TaintedCult
Clan Name: Chronic Gaming
It should be interesting to see what comes with the new generation of systems.hopefully the Xbox 720 will live up to its predecessor.
I'm assuming that the new systems will have faster processors and we should see some interesting opening titles upon release.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » xbox 720 confirmed Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]