Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 278 - Let's Play 52 Pickup
PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 5:25 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
The Runescape version of Duck Hunt, some new interfaces, and we almost play a game of 52 Pickup. That plus the usual questions and tech news.

Please don't post things like, "will edit later" when you are downloading. These are considered spam and will be deleted.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 5:25 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 278 - Let's Play 52 Pickup
PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 6:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
B-rad! XD Far out. :D I toyed with entering the Comic Contest but I decided not to after looking at the strips. The future homepage looks pretty cool. It'd be pretty cool if the background would extend for the biggest Macs. I really hate the Daemonheim background. It takes a guy to notice the chest, which isn't even that big. I don't like horror movies. Heh, I'd listen to the podcast Shane would do. Last Card sounds like Uno.

Poll:
Q1: A few times a week
Q2: No - I haven't looked at all of the sections, but I do plan to at some point
Q3: Hiscores
Q4: Lores
Q5: Yes I did, and I have registered it
Q6: Hiscores

PostPosted: October 16th, 2010, 8:07 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
Clan Name: W22 Farming
No more pming Shane for me. Gets me drunk and all screwed up. :S

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 11:57 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
With respect to your answer to Gnomethorian's question regarding the price of seeds... you mentioned that we are still suffering from the effects of BXPW. Indeed. And, as an insight, it is not necessarily the event's fault as much as when the event was held. BXPW was held twice this year. The first time in March around Easter. The second around Labour Day at the beginning of September. Well, it just so happens that when you have a massive resource hungry event such as BXPW right before a lot of your players go back to school and aren't able to play RS so much, you can expect a lag in the economic stabilization. During the summer vacation there are lots of RS players putting in a lot of game time. That means the trade index goes up.... more items bought and sold. If you have a huge event like BXPW, where lots of items sky rocket in price due to lack of supply and over demand, then take away your supply resources by putting all your players in school, the prices will stay high.... there will be an insufficient suppy of goods going back up for sale.

I love BXPW. I love planning for it and saving up resources for months to spend on the weekend. I agree we are feeling the effects a lot longer this time around. This is due to the poor timing. They should have BXPW take place when they expect a lot of players to stay at home and play, like at the beginning of summer vacation or perhaps Christmas vacation, and not at the beginning of the school year.

Great show gentlemen. Keep up the great work.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 9:36 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Insightful as always Uncle Dano. :)

Uncle Dano wrote:
I love BXPW. I love planning for it and saving up resources for months to spend on the weekend. I agree we are feeling the effects a lot longer this time around. This is due to the poor timing. They should have BXPW take place when they expect a lot of players to stay at home and play, like at the beginning of summer vacation or perhaps Christmas vacation, and not at the beginning of the school year.

That's a very good point. It could be seen as a little irresponsible in a way... but no disrespect to Jagex in the grand scheme of things. A fairly well-thought out event that only occurs rarely.