Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 268 - StarCraft II Makes One Late
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 3:12 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
New clue scrolls and their rewards, more bank space, and an apathetic response to the Triumvirate. All that plus our contest winner announced!

Please don't post things like, "will edit later" when you are downloading. These are considered spam and will be deleted.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 3:12 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 268 - StarCraft II Makes One Late
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 10:26 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I'm not involved in Triumvirate :P

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 4:26 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Gnomethorian
Clan Name: Rsbandb
i love the new bank update clue scolls are debatable.

Joined Rsbandb Fourms:February 25th, 2010, 3:30 pm
Check Out The Skill Of The Month: http://www.rsbandb.com/skill-of-the-month
My RuneWire: http://runewire.com/guthixrange

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 2:46 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: agh97
the fact that shane has a file on everyone makes me want to leave the site... and glad to know my docters a creep... aaaand sorry i sounded liek a ****** bag in last question i was nervous hehe

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 3:40 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
needaskillcape wrote:
the fact that shane has a file on everyone makes me want to leave the site... and glad to know my docters a creep... aaaand sorry i sounded liek a ****** bag in last question i was nervous hehe

Not everyone. Mostly just the mods :P I can tell you that you or anyone who has posted so far does not have one.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 7:31 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
Shane wrote:
Not everyone. Mostly just the mods :P I can tell you that you or anyone who has posted so far does not have one.

NOTE! he says mostly the mods...hes watching us people! :shock:

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 7:31 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 9:19 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: GB Icytouch
Clan Name: GameBattles
I wonder now if Shane has a file on me since I was a guest on the show >.< I agree it's smart to keep files on certain people, but it just makes me wonder whats in mine if there is one XD!

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 1:32 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
It's probably only people like me and the rest of the mods that tease him about his being single. And perhaps banned people. But mostly us.

Personally, I tell myself that he'd only use his information if one of us disappeared completely so that he could try to figure out what happened to the person that vanished, so he could tell the rest of Rsbandb if it was something really serious.

That's what I tell myself anyhow. You guys really shouldn't worry about it though. It's completely harmless to begin with, and there are only a small number that would ever have that sort of thing anyway. :P

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
Clan Name: W22 Farming
King Kulla wrote:
That's what I tell myself anyhow. You guys really shouldn't worry about it though. It's completely harmless to begin with, and there are only a small number that would ever have that sort of thing anyway. :P

That's what he'd tell you! Why would he tell anyone else if he DOES have one on everybody? ;)

PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 7:07 pm 
Steel Member

RS Status: Classic
Wait who one? I waslistening for it but didn't hear. Must have zoned out for that part

PostPosted: August 10th, 2010, 6:59 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I wanted to respond to your discussion regarding the benefit of Stealing Creation tools. I find that the time spent playing Stealing Creation to get a tool is far less than the time training the skill. If you play with a non-combat SC clan such as "Fast SC" on W99, the games each take about 15 min. to complete (10 min. if the people are really organized). This is opposed to the regular 20 min. games. I usually end up with 23-24 SC points at the end of each game. So in one hour of playing SC, I end up with about 5 tools. This makes training the skill definately faster and it does break up the monotony of grinding away at one skill at half the rate of an SC tool. I definately would encourage people to play.

I also wanted to say, especially to Shane, that you guys are to be commended for trying your best to keep the show on topic and clean. I know there are times when certain questions or conversations try and venture into somewhat "racey" territory, and you guys do try to avoid going too far down that path. Please remember that your show is listened to by a wide range of people of all ages (including younger folks) and conversations should be kept let's say "family friendly" for lack of better words. This is not so much a complaint as it is a friendly reminder, and you guys really do a good job of steering the conversations back to appropriate when needed.

EDIT: I think the show was just a tad too rich in picking on Shane this week. Just an observation. I hope those who submit questions into the show in the future try and keep their questions relevant to the interests of RSBandB and not just pose "personal" questions. Just my opinion.

Thanks so much for the wonderful shows. I look forward to listening again to the next episode.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 7:00 am 

RS Name: King Kulla
Everybody has different tastes, I guess, Uncle Dano. However, there was a rather lot of derailment, not much of it was directed at Shane. He's had far worse in the past, for sure. :wink: He always does a miraculous job of holding the show together though, which is quite commendable - it's one of the reasons that it's made it this far.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 11:51 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Uncle Dano wrote:
I also wanted to say, especially to Shane, that you guys are to be commended for trying your best to keep the show on topic and clean. I know there are times when certain questions or conversations try and venture into somewhat "racey" territory, and you guys do try to avoid going too far down that path. Please remember that your show is listened to by a wide range of people of all ages (including younger folks) and conversations should be kept let's say "family friendly" for lack of better words. This is not so much a complaint as it is a friendly reminder, and you guys really do a good job of steering the conversations back to appropriate when needed.

Well, Shane does his best to edit out any "bad" moments when it comes to the show, as well as the really off topic moments. Honestly makes me wonder why the clip show isn't a bit longer, because with most of the shows, if you listen really carefully, sometimes the background static changes, meaning something was edited out. As for the personal questions, Shane keeps files on everyone and vice versa here. They're also subject to funny moments and ripping on someone every now and then. All in good fun, I'd imagine.