Post subject: Performance at Symphony Hall
PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 6:36 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Marco995
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Primal Legacy
Hey guys, haven't been posting much, so I figured I would share with you my band's performance at Symphony Hall. It is the most AMAZING place I have ever played at. For someone who wants to go into music, it gives you the best feeling to walk out on the stage. I also get to play at the Hatshell, which is outdoors in a few weeks. I will post that video too. [PS. My local Jazz Night video will be up soon, so that will be posted also.]

Concert Band [Symphony Hall]
Spoiler for Symphony Hall Information:

Designed by McKim, Mead and White, it was built in 1900 for the Boston Symphony Orchestra, which continues to make the hall its home. Admired for its lively acoustics from the time of its opening, the hall is often cited as one of the best sounding classical concert venues in the world. It was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark in 1999, and it was then noted "Symphony Hall remains, acoustically, among the top three concert halls in the world and is considered the finest in the United States." Symphony Hall also serves as home to the famed Boston Pops Orchestra and is located one block from the New England Conservatory.

[Image of the Boston Pops playing here]

Wikipedia Page [Source]

Spoiler for Program:

Amparito Roca- Jamie Texidor
Salvation is Created- Pavel Tchesnokov
Incantation and Dance- John Barnes Chance

Spoiler for Videos:

The Edward A. Hatch Memorial Shell (commonly referred to as the "Hatch Shell") is an outdoor concert venue adjacent to the Charles River Esplanade near downtown Boston.

The original, wooden shell was built in 1928 as a temporary venue for the Pops with expectations of construction of a permanent structure in the near future. It was first used for a concert on July 4, 1929, with Arthur Fiedler conducting the Boston Pops Orchestra. A second, temporary shell, made of metal, was built in 1934, but owing to sparse funding throughout the Great Depression, construction of a permanent Hatch Shell was delayed until 1939-1940. Today's permanent shell was designed by architect Richard Shaw, given by Maria Hatch in memory of her brother, and dedicated on July 2, 1940. In preparation for its 50th anniversary in 1991, it underwent significant renovation and repair along with modernization of its acoustics. Bostonian Howard Brickman, a master craftsman specializing in wood floors, re-created the intricate interior paneling of the shell by hand.

Wikipedia Page [SOURCE]

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 6:36 pm 
Rsbandb Donor