Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: POH Party Rooms
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I was going to post this in the Official Suggestions Forum but line breaks don't appear to be working, and quite typically, I can't be ****ed to use an excess of "-"s to try and make my post legible so I'm posting it here. :P
-

-Concept-

Drop Parties are currently either to be compiled of cheap items such as mithril daggers, or to happen at Party Pete's for the whole world to see and invite themselves to. Because of this, private drop parties for those celebrating achievements with friends and the dropping of somewhat more valuable items are near to non-existent. This idea aims to reproduce the drop parties of old, but takes into consideration any ways which Gold Farmers could abuse this to deliver illegally sold items to players.

-Description-

The Player Owned House will gain an addition much like when the costume room was added. The room, however, will be slightly larger than every other room, and will take up two 'spaces' instead of the normal one. This would be to allow larger drop parties and prevent overcrowding. The catch is, only the House Owner can put items into a chest and have them dropped.

The room will have 3 main features;

THE License.
The license is bought from Party Pete, who currently monopolizes the Drop Party business, and will allow you to have a drop party. There are five kinds of license, each allowing a different market price of an item to add to the drop party and the final one being unlimited. Of course, this must not be easy and cheap to achieve, which is why the final licence must have a high requirement (such as 80 for example) and will cost in the region of 1,500K to buy from Party Pete. You will not be able to have a party without a license.

THE Chest.
The chest will have 5 variants, Oak, Teak, Mahogany, Marble and Magic. With each progression the drop rate will become faster and more "fun". Oak Chests will drop things slowly, in balloons; where as the magic chest will throw out "telegrab" animations spawning the items that way.

THE Lever.
Oh, a lever. What could this do? Well, in this party room, it makes things... interesting. First off, the lever must match the chest they’re activating, so if you have a marble chest, you’ll need a marble lever. Each lever adds a special effect to the room to make your party more fun and… irritating, to be honest. Oak levers may activate mechanisms in the room’s floorboards, tripping you up or unleashing nails to pop balloons and show everyone what was inside of it. Magic levers may entangle you and teleport you around the room. But don’t worry! These effects aren’t that common and will only act as a nice fun effect differentiating from the typical Party Pete drop party. Prizes will last on the floor up to twice as long as they normally would with higher levelled levers.

I’d love to see some support for Jagex in this... difficult times, so if you’d rather think up some ideas to help the RWT problem AND yourself rather than just the latter maybe we’ll get back what we crave faster. I hope you enjoyed my suggestion and I look forward to your comments!
-

... C+C PLS?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:09 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Snitchblade
That sounds like a great idea. how long did it take to think of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
It didn't take very long, I just got an idea and expanded it a little to make it fun and worth the effort. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 2:00 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
I got a couple of things to add.

It would be better if everyone could drop their items into the chest. Or maybe 5 items in it (I'll explain later why just 5). It would be nice to see what a player has entered for the drop party in case you want to thank you the donaters. That way you can have a bigger drop party.

Why just 5 items? Well it's because the list would be to big for one thing. But you also have to make sure that there are a certain amount of people in your house. This way you can still have a private drop party. Just not with only the two of you. There should be a minimum amount of people in the room when the drop party starts. When people leave during the drop party and it drops below the minimum all items should be returned to their owner.

The only problem with this is that you can invite a bunch of friends that will just stay there in that room and do nothing and you can still unfairly trade items with them. There need to be a solution for this.

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 2:47 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
I'll definitely support this if you suggest it to Jagex. They really have messed up the way people do drop parties. It would make sense to beable to host a party in your own house.

One thing though, I think the party room should take up 2 room slots but take up 4 room squares. (I hope you know what I mean.)

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:35 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Dragonkin892
Clan Name: PVM Elites
since jagex has messed up my plans to hold a drop party for when i achieve 99 strength i totally support this! its a very good idea and if you suggest it to jagex you have my support :)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:35 am 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:51 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
That's a great idea, now that you can't hold private events at party room.

Support that 100% :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Bee_Keeper0
Good idea. But I doubt Jagex will ever incorperate it, there's always a chance that a large gold farmering site will get an account to own a party room etc. Chances are, Jagex will see it that way.

BUt it's a really a good idea, and should be added to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Bkg
Clan Name: Applesauce
Very good idea, this SHOULD be sent in to Jagex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 10:10 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: specter98
Clan Name: Ex-Anarchist
thing is if gold farmers acualy went and made a lvl 80 construction person(construction is mainly solo anyways) than they could just stand in the house with a bunch of people(bots) and when the lever is pulled only the one bot goes and picks it up, we could add a level limit to this whel thing(say for lvl 80 marbel chest drop you need to be atlest 90+ to attend the drop party or have a skill total of x+ to go[for the pures])

that way no pure wc'ers could do anything because the most they could get was 150 maybe at most and normal pure skillers have around 1.5k+ skills

all in all i 100% support this, jagex ruined my mining and firemaking 99 aprty...so yea lol poh dp would own, maybe the room to build alone would be 2x the ammount of making the current largest room so in the end it would be a huge waste for the gold farming accounts to make one and a huge inconvienience for them too

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 3:31 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
I like the idea. Knowing Jagex, they'll want a few more restrictions.

But hey, if this does come out, I'm putting mine in the dungeon with PVP on! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 4:52 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: specter98
Clan Name: Ex-Anarchist
rofl pvp on and sombod sayas woot d full helm XD instant death rofl

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 5:59 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
awesome idea, i dont like having tons of crashers at my drop parties. Im sure this will help A TON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 10:56 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: bhh2000
Clan Name: rsbandb!
I like it!! :)

adamanite member as of 2/12/08 10:51am!!

Post subject: Re: POH Party Rooms
PostPosted: December 16th, 2007, 12:40 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
dude this suggestion is ridiculous.......ly AWESOME!!! haha wow this is really well thought out and planned i support it 100%. u really shoudl send this in to jagex. i wouldnt be suprised one bit if they actually made it happen. :D

great thinking!

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image