Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pyramid Plunder
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 3:31 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Bee_Keeper0
RS Status: Classic
In light of the SKOTM, I thought I'd train up my thieving, I need at 53 to do DT in the future anyways. So, question is, what do I need to take when I go and do the minigame? And are there any needed stats?

Thanks.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 3:31 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 3:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Sebzz0r
RS Status: P2P
Basically what I do is that I go to each room and loot the grand gold chest until I reach the last room that meets my requirement.
There I loot all the urns then I search the sarcophagus and then the grand gold chest and then I get out and I repeat.
I usually bring about 4 anti poison-potions and 4 super energy potions, lockpick and rest monkfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 4:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Bee_Keeper0
K, should I take armour, as appaently there are high leveled monsters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 4:18 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Sebzz0r
Yeah you should but nothing too fancy, they don't hit very hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 4:35 pm 
BANNED

I disagree with some of the things Red Rooste5 said. I've been there an awful lot (lvl 88 Thieving) and this is how I did it.

First, I suggest that you complete the 'Contact" quest, which allows you to acces a bank right near Pyramid Plunder. I guess you don't have to, you could always use a Ring of Dueling and take a Magic Carpet to get back. The bank makes it way easier to restock on food.

Now, I always wore nothing except a Spottier Cape and Boots of Lightness, mainly because I didn't bother with the Gold Chests or Sarcophagus'. Really, if you want to train Thieving, there's no point in wasting your time for a 1/100000 chance of a Sceptre. The monsters Mummies and Scarabs just get in the way. What I bring is money for traveling, one Waterskin (discard when you get in the city) and a full inventory of Lobsters. The Super Energy's are a waste of money and space, and believe me, after getting there, you want to stay as long as possible, so you need food. The Anti-Poisons are pointless too. Not only do they waste space, but the poison barely takes off any damage and wears off rather quickly. Personally, the Lockpicks never helped me, so do whatever with that.

So now that you know what to bring, here's how you actually take on the Plunder. First you must find the correct door into the Pyramid. After you have found it (one of four doors) that door will remain the correct door for a couple runs (This doesn't apply to the doors inside). After a while, the doors will switch. Right when you get in you are being timed, so get moving. Click on the wall in front of you to disable the trap. If you're reall set on getting that Sceptre, then just open the Gold Chest then find the correct door, fast. The Sarcophagus is way too slow and having a Mummy and Scarabs coming after you while searching for the right door is impossible. Basically repeat this until you get to the last level you can. Open all the urns, even if you get poisoned and bitten, open all of them. Ofcourse, eat when needed (I usually save it for when I get out, as to not waste time inside). Once all the urns are open, proceed to open the Sarcophagus then the Chest if you want. Make sure to open them in that order, you won't be able to open the Sarcophagus with Scarabs attacking you, but you can open the chest with a Mummy attacking. Now you just run to the exit and keep clicking where the message will come up, because if you're too slow, you'll get attacked and the message will dissappear.

My strategy is to get as many runs in as possible in the least amount of time, in order to get lots of EXP, which is why I run from the enemies and usually don't loot the Sarcohpagus. Hopefully I've enlightened you on the process of Pyramid Plunder, you can Pm if you have any other questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 7:36 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: Vaskor
I pretty much agree with Total Plox (96 Thieving myself). But I would recommend buying a Pharaoh's sceptre and banking stone and gold trinkets. This way the speed is pretty much the same, but you also get some cash afterwards.

Here is my routine (change room numbers to 51+ and 61+ and later to 61+ and 71+). The rest applies:
0. Turn off auto-retaliation.
1. Wield the sceptre and wear Amulet of Glory (Dueling Ring is OK as an alternative). Take 1 anti pot, 3 lobsters. Rest of the inventory is empty.
2. Tele to the Pyramid using the sceptre
3. Run quickly through the rooms until 81+. In all low level rooms don't bother with anything - just look for the door to the next room. Sometime pick up the golden chest if you run by. But main priority is just get through to the higher rooms.
4. Plunder some urns and chest in 81+ (how many depends on the time left - you'll need to try it a few times to know. The idea is to leave enough time to get everything in the last room. I am usually able to take half of 81+ room)
5. Move to 91+ room. Plunder all urns, drink anti, eat. All in this exact order: plunder first, eat/drink after that
6. Now if time permits open sarcophagus and chest. If not enough time for sarcophagus take only the chest.
7. Tele to Edgeville using Glory Ammy, bank the trinkets, eat if needed and repeat from step 1.

Notes:
1. Every third run recharge the Sceptre for 12 stone trinkets before you run through the rooms
2. Later on you can use the Sceptre to tele to the Agility Pyramid and sell the trinkets.
3. Note that I do NOT eat or drink anti until the very last steps in the last room. It saves a lot of time. If you get poisoned - so be it.
4. Never fight anything in the Pyramid - waste of time. Just ignore them.
5. No picklocks or flutes - maximize the exp!
6. I usually check urns for snakes and after that loot them, but I know other people don't do it. Decide for yourself.

Good luck!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 7:36 pm 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 8:03 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: nicong
wield spectre, wear boot of lightness and spottier cape if u have. no amour or weapon needed. 1 super anti posion (i use extra strong), 15 sharks. Usually can last me for an hour. Dun loot at lower floor. Loot only your highest or start from 2nd highest floor. Loot all urns first. Then golden box. I going for my last level this weekend.