Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Where to train from level-3 to level-126 (guide)
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 9:33 am 
I have both, posted this guide at RuneHQ forums and submitted it to them, even though it seems like a popular guide, they aren't currently interested in Melee Combat Training guides, so I'm trying my luck here.

Note: I would like to keep this same guide that I posted on RuneHQ forums open for questions to help players there or until a mod closes it, but if it's against any rules of this site, then I'll inmediately ask to close my thread with the guide on RuneHQ forums.

WARNING: This guide will help you get Good/Very good experience, not LOOT, if what you seek is loot, then stop reading INMEDIATELY, because submissions of training spots will not be considered just because they have good loot but horrible exp (Green Dragons, Lesser Demons, Hellhounds, etc...)

Where to Train combat from lvl-3 to 126
By Emp

Items needed (F2P): Rune armor (Kiteshield, platelegs, platebody, and full helm), rune scimitar, Strength Potions, and food (lobsters at higher levels).

Items needed (P2P): Rune armor (Kiteshield, platelegs, platebody, and full helm), Mystic Staff (Element doesn’t matter), Rune Scimitar, *Abyssal Whip (If you have access to one) , Dragon Battleaxe, Dragon Dagger, Dragon Longsword, **Super Sets, Stat Restore potions, and food (lobsters or sharks at higher levels).

UPDATE: If you have access to an abyssal whip (Level-70attack needed) then use it for training instead of the staff/dagger/scimitar.
UPDATE: Check equipment section for a description on why to use rune scimitar on P2P
UPDATE:Dragon Scimitar has been released, check out the equipment section for more details.
UPDATE:New Monster AI explanation in Part D.
UPDATE (F2P):This should've been added ages ago, but I've been busy, the use of strength potion (regular) on F2P will you an exp accrual boost (lesser than the super sets or the dragon battleaxe+stat restore combo)
UPDATE:I noticed that I forgot to add the Stat restore potions into the list of items for P2Pers (Use these along with the dragon battleaxe special)

Stats Required (P2P only): None, but you must get 40 magic as soon as possible (to wield the mystic staff)

So you just arrived from tutorial island and saw a level-100 ignore you? You want to get back at him by getting stronger than him? Well, in this guide I’ll show you the most efficient way from level-3 combat to the maximum player level of 126.

You should try and gather the items I mentioned above as soon as possible, try using other skill-guides that can teach you ways of making money easily.

I will divide this guide into part A (F2P) and part B (P2P), at the beginning they will look alike, but as levels raise the recommended training grounds will differ aswell.

Let’s get started, shall we?

A.) F2P Training Areas:

1.) Crafting Guild Cows: from level-3 to level-30. if you don’t know where this is, just go west from lumbridge castle (your starting point) until you reach a building that needs a 40-crafting requirements to enter, it has a gate with cows besides it, great place to train for low level players. There is also a fishing spot just south of rimmington.

2.) Varrock Sewers Skeletons: From level-30 to level-40. This is located inside Varrock city and shouldn’t be hard to find. The training spot it’s just past the torture device with about 3-5 skeletons, so just get to 40 so we can move on, also fish a bit before coming to train here.

3.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows: From level-40 to level-63. This is your first wilderness training spot and it’s located northeast of Edgeville, use the map if you get lost. It’s recommended to have AT LEAST 25 Magic for teleport to varrock (Incase of PKers).

4.) Varrock Sewers (Red Spiders): From level-63-73. yep, back to those sewers, I suppose most of you should’ve all the items that I stated above by now, so deep inside the sewers you can find the nest of the Red Spiders which are guarding 2 Red Egg Spawns, be careful though, since this is a multi area and you can get badly wounded by a team of spiders.

5.) Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows: From Level-73 to 90. This spot should work pretty good for those who are clueless about where to train at those levels, I should have a training spot for you guys by saturday. remember this is only TEMPORARY.

6.) Wilderness Ice Plateau (Ice Giants): From Level-90 to 95. So you are now a level-90 warrior eh? You still have a lot to train my friend, so start slaughtering those weak level-53 ice giants. This is located on the Northwestern edge of the F2P wilderness, So I recommend you having some teleporting runes and 43 prayer (to run away from any PKers if you don’t like confrontations).

7.) Wilderness Ice Plateau (Ice Warriors): From level-95 to 126. This is it, the last training spot you’ll ever use on your F2P game, just south of the Ice Giants you used to kill 5 levels ago you will find these enemies which can be used for training and AFK training aswell.

B.) P2P Training Areas.

1.) Crafting Guild Cows: from level-3 to level-25. if you don’t know where this is, just go west from lumbridge castle (your starting point) until you reach a building that needs a 40-crafting requirements to enter, it has a gate with cows besides it, great place to train for low level players. There is also a fishing spot just south of rimmington.

2.) Relleka Rock Crabs: from Level 25 to level-65. This is simply a great training area for low level to mid level players, since rock crabs are only level-13 with 50HP, use this place wisely. If you want food you can do Frenemmik Trials and get access to it’s fishing facilites or steal fish from the Fish Stalls.

3.) Varrock Sewers (Red Spiders): from level-63-73. yep, back to those sewers, I suppose most of you should’ve all the items that I stated above by now, so deep inside the sewers you can find the nest of the Red Spiders which are guarding 2 Red Egg Spawns, be careful though, since this is a multi area and you can get badly wounded by a team of spiders.

4.) Morytania Slayer Tower Fence: From level-73 to level-85. After passing the Salve River Bridge go north to find a huge spawn of Ghouls (level-42), you can’t miss it, if you need a bank go to Canifis.

5.) Pirate’s Hall (Wilderness): From level-73-90. This place has a huge spawn of aggressive pirates, great training spot for AFKers, even though you are not likely to get attacked, keep an eye for PKers. Level-39 Thieving Required to Picklock.

~Thanks to xxteargodxx for the image

6.) Dagganoths Pit (Lighthouse Basement): From level 90-95. This is a great place to train, but it’s usually crowded, just switch servers until you can find a spot. Don’t forget to bring money and noted food to exchange it in the shop in the first floor.

7.) Edgeville Dungeon’s Earth Warriors (Wilderness): From level-95 to 105. In my opinion, you could reach 126 here If you wanted, but it can get too crowded to work on those huge levels in the busy hours. Keep going north, past the Red Spiders you will find a small agility obstacle (Monkeybars) go past that and you will find the Earth Warriors.

8.) Axe Hut (Wilderness): From level-105 to 126. This place is great exp if you can find a spot for yourself, but at level-105 that SHOULDN’T be too hard to do, there’s not really much to say since the hut is very small.

9.) **Ape Atoll’s Temple (Temple Guards Level-167): From level-100 to 126. This training spot might not be the fastest (in comparison to earth warriors or axe hut), but it has almost no need for food, since you can restore your prayer points and use protect from melee. ~Thanks to Code Lyoko for the tip.

10.) Ice Throneroom (Royal Ice Warriors Level-57): From Level-108 to 115. these are mad exp, simply mad exp, it beats the axe hut by around 5-7k exp per hour, only come IF you have AT LEAST 85 defense, they are on the same room that you get the ice gloves for the Heroes Quest by defeating the ice queen, you get about 45-50k per hour if you can last long enough, remember it's multi. Also these drop no loot other than bones, so don't come here seeking for loot, because you will disappointed. MYSTIC STAFF IS A MUST HERE!

C.) Equipment (P2P):

1.) Mystic Staff: This is your best training weapon, use it on the Rock Crabs, Red Spiders, Earth Warriors, Ice warriors, and Axe hut.

2.) Dragon Battleaxe: This isn’t somewhere near a decent training weapon, but its special is great to increase the exp accrual.

3.) **Super Sets: These are also known as Super Attack, Super Defense, and Super Strength Potions, They increase your exp accrual more than the dragon battleaxe special, but are a lot more expensive.

4.) Dragon Longsword: Use it to fight other players in the Axe Hut if needed.

5.) Dragon Dagger: Use it on the Ape Temple Guards, Ghouls, Dagganoths and pirates, DO NOT USE A POISONED ONE, because poison damage doesn’t give exp.

6.) Food:
a.) Lobsters: great for training because they are cheap and heal 12.
b.) Sharks: Excellent training food only if you can afford it.

*UPDATE: 7.) Abyssal Whip: It's as fast as a dagger and as powerful as a battleaxe, so it's the perfect training weapon, if you have access to it use it to train, otherwise stick to the Mystic staves/Daggers/Rune Scimitar/Dragon Scimitar (Like myself :P )

UPDATE 8.) Rune Scimitar: It's as fast and powerful as a dagger/mystic staff and It deals slash damage, use against Ghouls and Pirates.

UPDATE 9.) Dragon Scimitar: It's almost as powerful as a dragon longsword and has the speed of a dagger, excellent to use against Magic Axes, Pirates, Ghouls, Dagganoths, and Monkey Guards, remember you must complete Monkey Madness Quest and have an attack level of at least 60 to wield it.

UPDATE: 10.) Strength Potions: Strength potions are the only tool that F2Pers have to boost their exp accrual (unlike members who have Dragon B-Axe+Stat restore combo and Super sets), these potions will increase 15% of your current strength level, they can be obtained from the Apothecary in varrock just for a Red Spider Egg and a Limpwurt Root or you can just purchase them from a P2P player who makes them or has them for sale.

UPDATE: 10.) Stat Restore Potions: Use these along with the Drag-B-axe special to regain any lost stats (Attack and Defense mostly) from the special's side effects.

D.) Monster AI:

I didn't really think that I'd have to write this, but since too many people can't seem to find the difference I will have to explain it, I have classified monsters in to Level-1 and Level-2 AI, which I will explain below. (LEVELS DO NOT AFFECT A MONSTER's AI LEVEL)

1.) Level-1 AI: These monsters are usually big (take more than 2 squares, but not always) and will only attack you if they bump into you or get too close (a distance of 2-3 squares), some of these are: Giants, Ogres, Dragons, Demons, Level-45 skeletons, and hellhounds. These aren't good for training, because you would have to be chasing them across the room and if you get to attack one sometimes another one will interrupt before the other monster gets an opportunity to retaliate, which means a loss of time and exp.

2.) Level-2 AI: These are the ones that we want for training, small, intelligent ones (in a way, because they are going to suicide by attacking you) that will run across the room just to get a piece of you, some examples of these are: warriors (Earth, Shadow, Ice), Pirates, Magic Axes, and other small foes.

Exceptions: So far I have found only ONE exception and that is of course, Dagannoths, even though they are big since it's multi and they have ranged attacks they WILL go after you.

I am always in the lookout for great training spots, so if I find any that can compare to the ones above, then I’ll update this.

List of Updates:

-5/19/2005: Added the stat restore potion to the P2P item list.
-5/19/2005: The long overdue strength potion info added to the guide.
-4/6/2005: Monster AI explained.
-4/1/2005: Dragon Scimitar added as a training weapon.
-3/21/2005: I had some problems with the image hosting service, but now they are back online.
-3/13/2005: Images of Relleka Rock Crabs, Slayer Tower Fence, Dagganoths Pit, and Ape Atoll's Temple added.
-3/11/2005: Ice Throneroom added as one of RS best training spots.
-3/10/2005: P2P Axe hut, Earth warriors, and pirate's hall images added thanks to xxteargodxx.
-3/10/2005: F2P training spot images taken on my pure.
-3/10/2005: Added the Wilderness Graveyard of Shadows as a temporary training spot for level-73 to 90 until I can find other spot. (F2P only)
-3/10/2005: Due to popular demand I have added colors to the guide to make it easier to read than the monotonous black
-3/9/2005: Rune Scimitar added to Training equipment and also explained the uses for training purposes.
-3/3/2005: Abyssal Whip added to training equipment and also explained the uses for training purposes.

Last edited by Emp on May 19th, 2005, 1:46 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 9:33 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 2:40 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: LEWentworth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: SCCM friends
Quote:
5.) ------------: From Level-73 to 90. (Coming Soon!)

6.) Wilderness Ice Plateau (Ice Giants): From Level-90 to 95. So you are now a level-90 warrior eh? You still have a lot to train my friend, so start slaughtering those weak level-53 ice giants. This is located on the Northwestern edge of the F2P wilderness, So I recommend you having some teleporting runes and 43 prayer (to run away from any PKers if you don’t like confrontations).

7.) Wilderness Ice Plateau (Ice Warriors): From level-95 to 126. This is it, the last training spot you’ll ever use on your F2P game, just south of the Ice Giants you used to kill 5 levels ago you will find these enemies which can be used for training and AFK training aswell.

Hint South of port sarim where the blurite is is a nice spot of Ice Giants and Ice Warriors

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 3:19 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Enkidutorix
Clan Name: Damage Incorporated
LEWENT wrote:
Quote:
5.) ------------: From Level-73 to 90. (Coming Soon!)

Hint South of port sarim where the blurite is is a nice spot of Ice Giants and Ice Warriors

Yup, blurite cave is safer than lvl40+ wilderness and for training lvl73-90, i suggest karamja's cave skellies lvl45(close to Elvarg).

RsbandB member #189

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 4:23 pm 
Dragon Member

excellent job,

8 out of 10

but, for the 71 to 90 part, why going to wildY? the cave it pretty good

for the ice giants and warriors

Post subject: Re: Where to train from level-3 to level-126 (guide)
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 4:39 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bigfoot227
RS Status: Classic
8.) Axe Hut (Wilderness): From level-105 to 126. This place is great exp if you can find a spot for yourself, but at level-105 that SHOULDN’T be too hard to do, there’s not really much to say since the hut is very small.

Can't you just do the ones in the members dungeon and here is a map:
Map removed by Mike, you removed the persons name from the map. They mapped it, at least give them credit. It was mapped by Eeeeediot from tip.it

Map used from tipit

O yea,pretty good guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:10 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: timabrendon
RS Status: F2P
nice guide i like that map too 5/10

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:10 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:14 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Nice guide, but more colorful headings and sizes of text for certain stuff would make it easier to read and look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:51 pm 
BANNED

RS Status: Classic
this is stupid question but is there ice giants /warriors in blurite cave in members only or in f2p as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:57 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Enkidutorix
Clan Name: Damage Incorporated
me mental2 wrote:
this is stupid question but is there ice giants /warriors in blurite cave in members only or in f2p as well?

In f2p as well. I got my rear end kicked by em back when i was lvl30 and trying to complete the knight sword quest :(

RsbandB member #189

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 8:36 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: timabrendon
RS Status: F2P
u shouldve added colour to the writing lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2005, 8:08 am 
yeah I think I should've added color :-\, Ice warriors/giants for levels 70-90 wouldn't work well, because they would consume too much food (im currently on ice warriors and it takes me 60-80min to consume 23 lobs), now I will look onto the karamja dungeon spot, no there aren't nowhere enough axes in the members dungeon to make a decent training spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2005, 10:01 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Frozen007
the text is just detail :wink:

Great job with the guide and keep it up :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2005, 11:39 am 
Ty, im working on some updates to the guide's content (a few training spots and equipment), I'll change colors sometime soon, but it isn't a priority to me, I'm more into increasing the content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:14 pm 
for lvl 78-90, ogres lvl 53 are pretty good, especially in the clock tower basment, good prayer xp too

Post subject: .........
PostPosted: March 5th, 2005, 2:31 pm 
kwl, thx, i never know where to train

thx man