Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Upset with COD: Ghost
PostPosted: November 16th, 2013, 10:36 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
I’m not upset at the whole idea of milking a dead horse. For those who enjoy a good shooter, Call of Duty is so far, an industry staple. I’m more upset at just how screwed up how badly Infinity Wards has been treating us PC players. As many as you know, I am a pirater. I like to try some of the games out before I buy them.
I pirated all of the total war games but then bought almost every single one because it was a good company and I really did enjoy them.. However, I am deeply distraught over the recent game released by Infinity Wards. I’ve played though many of the COD franchise from COD1, all the way the MW3. COD4 is one of my favorite and I still play it to this day. Call of Duty: Ghosts is the next installment of the COD franchise. I pirated it to give it a try and see how it was. So after spending the time I noticed something, after I installed the game, I tried to play it. Almost immediately, I encountered my first problem “this game needs at least 6 gigs of ram to play”. Doesn’t that require seem a little high? I have 4 gigs of ram, and a decent rig, although Shane would still consider it ancient.
Looking around the mighty interweb, I am not alone. It actually made a lot of enemies because those who examined the game found that it used less than 2 gigs of RAM to work. I also found out that somebody to make a crack who players who did not have 6 gigs of RAM to play the game, but of course then you run the risk of being banned from steam or the game for hacking. Okay fine, I do not care for multiplayer, I just want to try the game out. I installed the crack let’s see and what happen. And just as I try to start the game, I get another error message “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”. Okay this is weird, my DirectX is up to date as far as I am aware of. So once, again I take a look at the mighty interweb for answers.
PC
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer

So my computer cannot support direct 11. So I cannot play the game. But, I’m not the only person with the problem. A good number of people have that problem as well, not just me. What is even worse is many people bought the game and cannot return the game because since it is a PC game and they cannot be given back.
1 game, requires over 40 Gigs of space ( even higher for PS4)to play, a requirement of 6 gigs of RAM even though they know that they do not even need 2 gigs to play it. Tons of connectivity, freezes and gameplay problems for PC players. How is this fair? PC gamers were the first to help bring this company to where it is today. COD1 was released for the PC. We helped made COD:4 what it was because for a good number of players, it was their platform of choice and we made it more than it could be. It was us who brought the game and made them money to do what this franchise is today. What do have to show for it now? Either get a computer from this decade or buy a console. Now it just seems if you do not decide to spend another thousand dollars to upgrade your PC you’re not going to be able to really do anything except surf the web.
Does it seem like PC gamers are getting the short end of the stick again? Why, even bother making PC games at all if there are so many problems? Now think what’s in it for us in the long haul? We have a game that is completely limited to the market except for those who have managed to build basically another future proof box. I guess it is also my fault for believing that a computer that I put together back in 07 is now considered so old that it is completely worthless in video game industry. I am glad that I decided to try the game found out that it would not work with my computer. However, I feel bad for all those thousands of young PC gamers who legally bought the game. They came home hoping to have some fun, but instead bought a $60 door stop.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 16th, 2013, 10:36 pm 

Post subject: Re: Upset with COD: Ghost
PostPosted: November 18th, 2013, 10:07 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
The Black Ops 2 Campaign was an immense pile of ****, I didn't even bother finishing it.
As for the system requirements the RAM limitation wasn't really necessary but practically any computer nowadays supports DX11.

Post subject: Re: Upset with COD: Ghost
PostPosted: April 27th, 2014, 12:32 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: 5 McChickens
RS Status: P2P
I am not much of a PC gamer except for the Occasional MMO. However, I really liked the ghost story line. But I think Infinity Ward does terrible in terms of the multiplayer. That's exactly why I sold MW3 after 2 days of owning it. Treyarch does an amazing multiplayer, though, the story was not that good for Black Ops and Black Ops 2.

A lot of these games are more graphically driven and do require a lot of system resources which not a lot of people can afford to build or buy their own gaming computers that can handle all the extra stress.

playing on 5 McChickens. Hardly use Gunner Kaiba anymore.