Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Xbox One
PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Just got revealed today, and the console was there as well. :)

What do you guys think. From the news that I've found is that it won't me "online only" like people thought it was going to have but there the Xbox One will not be able to play the Xbox 360 games as well as the Xbox arcade games you bought. Your gamer score, gamer tag and xbox live subscription will carry over.

The Xbox One will also use Blu-ray disks instead of DVDs like the Xbox 360 uses.

What do you guys think? I personally think that if it doesn't have a really good selection of launch titles then the new kinect 2.0, new controller and new system won't be utilized until it gets a good selection and people are willing to switch over to the Xbox One from the Xbox 360. It's going to be an interesting end of the year since Microsoft has said it is going to be released before the end of the year.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Xbox One
PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 5:41 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
I heard that you have to pay extra to play used games, now on top of the $60 for the game new they get a cut each time the game is resold.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 8:16 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
In a nutshell

(1:17 "This is someone you care about" How much do you want to bet your dog dies at the end.)

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 9:32 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Maybe they are just aiming to be first and fastest to get a new console out. Sometimes it works, but it's a big risk considering the other console makers will see what they don't do well, improve on it, then turn out their product.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 9:34 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
this will sell very well when people start hacking the system to get it to grab beer without getting up.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 10:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Bonsai99 wrote:
I heard that you have to pay extra to play used games, now on top of the $60 for the game new they get a cut each time the game is resold.

You would be surprised how much used games hurt game developers and publishers. I don't have an issue with this. I am just interested to know how it is going to work.

Last edited by Killjoy on May 22nd, 2013, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 10:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 6:12 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
I have never been a big xbox fan, and that seems to still be my view with this. I hate how much they are focusing on kinect. Its only a dumb peripheral that most people don't and won't use. The only people I have heard of using it have used it just to use it and never used it again. The thing with the launch titles is expected, not many new consoles have good launch titles (except the wii had a Zelda launch title).

I don't know about this one, I may get one eventually. But for now, i'm still a nintendo person.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 11:28 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Killjoy wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:

You would be surprised how much used games hurt game developers and publishers. I don't have an issue with this. I am just interested to know how it is going to work.

Oh please. Used games hurting them is about as stupid as piracy killing the music industry. Used games have been around since the beginning. Whats hurting them is spending more money on marketing the stupid game than actually making it. What annoys me is they act like their doing you a favour. *******. They'll charge at least $10 and take a cut themselves. Also supposedly the Xbox has to connect to the internet once every 24 hours. Whys that? Dunno. Not being connected to the internet didn't seem to hurt the 360 all that much.

Don't like the name.
Don't like kinect. Wont work as well as they showed plus you have to use the stupid thing and you have to plug it in seperately.
98% of the features they showed off i can do on my phone already and don't see why I'd want to do it on my TV instead.
No idea why keeping the dash the same was pitched as a good idea cause it's **** horrible compared to older versions.

Zero interest so far. But I'll wait till E3. Call of duty aint making me spend £400. Boring. They claim 15 exclusives. So it depends if there making heavy use of kinect or not. I don't want to use kinect at all. Motion controls are bad in games.

I think I'm one of the few that likes the wii u. At least there bringing me games I've not seen before. You got the PS4 with another killzone and the stupidbox with another call of duty. And if you look at them they don't look all that different - my PC could run them.

edit: Also this might be a UK thing but who the hell watches live tv anymore? My sky box just records my **** and i watch it whenever i like. That and netflix.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 11:56 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
LIVE needs to be a free service, like you know, all the other online game services?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 1:46 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
Cliff Dude wrote:
LIVE needs to be a free service, like you know, all the other online game services?

IMO Paying for live is the one thing I can think of that makes PS3 better. It would probably help Microsoft if they made it free, then more people would be interested.

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 8:48 pm 

Cliff Dude wrote:

I didn't even notice how bad LIVE was. I knew you had to pay for the internet service, then talking to mike how even after paying you still get a lot of advertisement. That's a crappy model.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 10:35 am 

Some interesting facts about the box that they didn't announce at the show.

- You'll have to plug your cable box or whatever it is your using into the xbox. Probably pretty obvious but they didn't say that.
- You can only watch live TV on it anything you record to watch later and you'll have to switch to your actual box. Presumably this means to watch live tv on a cable channel that you pay for through your xbox you'll have to pay a gold fee on top..
- You can't set your box to record anything through the xbox again you'll have to switch to the box again.
- No backwards compatibility with live arcade or 360 games. That's all gone.
- Only a 500gig harddrive that you cannot remove. The new xbox comes with a bluray drive...how big are these games going to be? It's also got three operating systems so you'll need space for those. I have a 500gig PS3 that i hardly use for games and it's pretty much maxed out.
- The TV features are only for America. Everyone else can get stuffed. Probably a safe bet that canada/UK will get it. If history repeats nobody else will. I can't see it's use in the UK if I'm being honest our sky box/virgin box do a lot more than just record shows and i doubt the xbox will be able to do any of them making the few benefits you get for using it through the xbox useless.
- Second hand games still exist but the store now has to log your details with microsoft who then remove the licence from your gamertag and collect a fee that goes to the publisher and microsoft. So expect them to be more pricey. That's why your xbox needs an internet connection so they can do a check every 24 hours.

I'm sure I've missed a few important details but oh well.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 2:11 pm 

well wasn't planning on buying it anytime soon anyway.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2013, 10:35 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Bogrollbloke
RS Status: Classic
CreepyPirate wrote:

- Second hand games still exist but the store now has to log your details with microsoft who then remove the licence from your gamertag and collect a fee that goes to the publisher and microsoft. So expect them to be more pricey. That's why your xbox needs an internet connection so they can do a check every 24 hours.

That's an interesting way to do it. But does that mean you can't play pre-owned games if you're not connected to internet, or you can't use it if you're not connected. Internet connection is ruining everything. Screw the xbox one, I'm gonna buy an N64 from ebay.

Drop me a request on XBL, GamerTag is Barrett 1337

PostPosted: May 26th, 2013, 1:38 pm 

Bogrollbloke wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

That's an interesting way to do it. But does that mean you can't play pre-owned games if you're not connected to internet, or you can't use it if you're not connected. Internet connection is ruining everything. Screw the xbox one, I'm gonna buy an N64 from ebay.

It's a bad way of doing it. The understanding right now (and it could change) is that the game will be licensed to your gamertag. If you wish to trade that game in you'd take it to a store and they'd have to log it with microsoft, who would then remove your license for that game from your gamertag. So when your xbox checks in with there server it'll remove your access.

What this means is any store wanting to sell second hand games has to agree to microsofts terms and use there software and pay them and the publisher of the game a fee. Which means microsoft/the publisher can influence the price of second hand games.

There trying to spin it in a positive light but really your losing out. You have less options, you'll end up paying more and it'll probably screw over a lot of smaller shops. You wont even be able to let a mate borrow your game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » Xbox One Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]