Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Minecraft
PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 5:45 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
Can anyone tell me if Minecraft is a pay by the month game like RS, or is a buy once and its yours. Also, is it any good? A lot of people have recommended it, but I don't know much about it.

Thanks
Pyrn

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 5:45 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: Minecraft
PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 1:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Buy once and it's yours. Updates are automatic (the game will notify you when new updates are out and ask if you want to update) and free. Depends on what you like. It's a sandbox game where you basically collect resources and build stuff. If you are into that kind of creative stuff, then it's fun. In a nutshell answer.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 3:45 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
You need a good group of people to really enjoy it i think. Playing solo will get boring quick.

The best part about it is how easy it is to mod it. I saw this video yesterday and i think it shows the great times you can have in that game if you get a good group together;

PostPosted: March 7th, 2013, 7:40 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
What for PC or Xbox, don't even know if it's a price difference. I know I bought it during Alpha, so was like $10.
Only way it was worth it to me, don't even play anymore cause none of my friends do.

For the price it is now, make sure you have friends to play cause like Pirate said, it's boring solo.

But I think your far behind on the fad, I know nothing about any recent updates in the last year, so I'm talking to the ground when I say it's glory days are behind. (not saying it's not a great game)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2013, 9:38 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: JrocBaby
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Fads are kind of dumb in my opinion. Play any game that looks interesting to you, regardless of what someone else thinks about it.

I mean yeah, it might have been easier to find information about it awhile ago when it surged in popularity, but it's still pretty darn popular.

And I can't imagine the solo game being boring. I've only played the solo game and I absolutely love it, but then again, I'm the kind of person who normally opts for single player activities.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2013, 11:31 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
If you can get a group of people to do multiplayer, you'll probably play more and have more fun. That being said, the singleplayer is awesome if you like to explore and are a little creative. If you were or are the type of person who enjoys playing with Lego, you'll probably have a blast playing Minecraft.

If you think the base game is too simple, try a mod pack such as Tekkit or Voltz. It might not be the best to start with those as they are extremely complex, but they can sure spice up your experience if you're getting bored with the default game.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 14th, 2013, 11:31 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » Minecraft Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]