Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-Order
PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Last day to pre-order is tomorrow, March 25th!!!

Like Steam has done a few times before, if enough people pre-order the game, Steam will throw in some bonus stuff. This stuff includes a free copy of BioShock, TF2 items, and a free copy of X-Com: Enemy Unknown. All of these rewards have been unlocked. You can pre-order up until March 26th.

BioShock Infinite Store Page

Base Offer
Pre-Order BioShock Infinite and receive the Industrial Revolution Pack FREE!

Pre-order BioShock Infinite and receive access to the Industrial Revolution Pack, which includes three gear items, 500 bonus in-game currency, five lock picks as well as the Industrial Revolution puzzle game.

*This offer is separate from the rewards offer below and will be available to all customers who pre-purchase on Steam.

Reward 1 (Unlocked!):
Free copy of Bioshock. Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Reward 2 (Unlocked!):
Exclusive Bioshock Infinite TF2 items (Genuine Quality I'm Assuming)
Vox Diabolus
With this Vox Populi anarchist mask, you can terrify your enemies into thinking you're the Devil Himself, or worse, a protestor. Either way, they're probably going to avoid you at the entrance to the supermarket when you try to get them to sign something.

The Pounding Father
Heavy cannot tell lie. Heavy is first President of United States. Of crushing little baby men.

Blind Justice
Want to command respect from people standing at an indeterminate distance from your immediate right? Bolt on a platinum Pinkerton badge and experience the thrill for yourself!

The Person in the Iron Mask
Turkey? Chicken? Game hens? Your head? This cast iron poultry furnace will smoke anything placed inside it.

The Doe-Boy
Protect the important thoughts in your head -- ones like "liberty" and "freedom" and "democracy" -- with good, honest, hat-shaped American steel. This helmet won't run (until heated to 2500°F)!

The Sydney Straw Boat:
Throw this hat on the ground to express rage, or in the air to express joy! Take a hat-based trip through time to learn how your great grandparents displayed emotions in the days before emoticons!

The Steel Songbird:
It gets pretty quiet in that sniper's nest. Why not treat yourself to the haunting rhythmic symphony of bolts being constantly pooped by this mute, easily terrified incontinent bird?

Reward 3 (Unlocked!):
Free copy of X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Last edited by Duke Juker on March 24th, 2013, 2:13 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-Order
PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 2:43 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
Mm...preorder bonuses, are they ultimately good or bad for the industry? Smells like an informer article just waiting to happen ;)

I haven't even gotten around to playing the first two so there's probably definitely no chance for me to preorder this one.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 4:41 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

King Kulla wrote:
Mm...preorder bonuses, are they ultimately good or bad for the industry? Smells like an informer article just waiting to happen ;)

I haven't even gotten around to playing the first two so there's probably definitely no chance for me to preorder this one.

I did consider an article to that affect when I was writing the post. I'll keep it in mind.

I'm in the same boat, though I won't let it dissuade me from pre-ordering if I think it's a good deal. If you don't have X-Com or if you love TF2 items, this is a heck of a deal in my opinion. I suggest you consider buying it. I'm going to wait a bit and see how much progress they make. If it gets all the way (which I'm sure they will) and all the rewards are unlocked, I'll likely be pre-ordering...and I'm not one who ever pre-orders.

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 1:53 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i still haven't even completed bioshock 2.... i don't even know if i want to bother with 3.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 11:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
So how does this reward tier thing work?

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 11:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Basically, as more people pre-order the game, the more progress is made toward unlocking the rewards. Steam doesn't say how many people need to pre-order in order to unlock each reward. Once a reward is unlocked, anyone who pre-ordered the game before the reward was unlocked or who will pre-order the game after the reward was unlocked will get the reward.

RSBandB Member #517

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 11:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 1:43 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Duke Juker wrote:
Basically, as more people pre-order the game, the more progress is made toward unlocking the rewards. Steam doesn't say how many people need to pre-order in order to unlock each reward. Once a reward is unlocked, anyone who pre-ordered the game before the reward was unlocked or who will pre-order the game after the reward was unlocked will get the reward.

Eh.... This kind of scheme gives me a bad feeling in my tummy. You don't know how many people you need.. It's a bit like gambling. Idk. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 1:11 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Killjoy wrote:
Duke Juker wrote:

Eh.... This kind of scheme gives me a bad feeling in my tummy. You don't know how many people you need.. It's a bit like gambling. Idk. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

Like I said, if you don't want to pre-order now, then wait. It's not really gambling since you are guaranteed BioShock Infinite and a copy of the original BioShock at this point. Really, they just want you to pre-order and get BioShock Infinite for full price. The rewards are just an incentive to get more people to pre-order. You can wait to the 25th and if all the rewards are unlocked by that point, then you can pre-order. But yes, it is a gamble in the sense that some people are pre-ordering now in hopes that the extra rewards will be unlocked. That's their choice. For now, you can wait and see how much gets unlocked. I suspect a lot of people won't pre-order until the week or two before. That's when you'll see a lot of progress.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 3:48 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
trekkie wrote:
i still haven't even completed bioshock 2.... i don't even know if i want to bother with 3.

BS2 was made by another studio. Wasn't as good as BS1.

Although from what I'm hearing this is more of the same of BS1 just set in a new world. It's been like 6 years since bioshock though so I'm good with that.

As for pre order bonuses being good/bad ehh...if it's giving away awesome like xcom then they can keep doing it.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2013, 12:07 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Just a quick update. The TF2 items rewards were unlocked. There is currently 5% progress towards the third and final reward of a free copy of X-COM Enemy Unknown. Again, you only have until March 26th to get these pre-order rewards.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: March 16th, 2013, 11:55 am 
Bronze Member

RS Status: Never Played
For those of you who haven't finished BioShock 1 & 2, you do know this isn't BioShock 3, right?
This is a prequel, it takes place nearly 50 years before the first BioShock. You don't need to play the first two to understand this one.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2013, 11:40 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Thanks for pointing that out, Doctor. I did not know that. It's good to know. I guess thinking about it now, ya, it's set in the past.

Anyways. all the rewards are now unlocked. If you pre-purchase, you will get all the rewards.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: March 24th, 2013, 2:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Last day to pre-order is tomorrow, March 25th!!!

Just a reminder. And yes, all the pre-order rewards are unlocked. So check it out.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: March 25th, 2013, 11:41 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation

Lunch trailer *****. Someone at taketwo must have a thing for Nico vega used two of their songsadvertising this game.

Looks like I've got an extra copy of xcom now too.