Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Call of Duty Series so far
PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 1:38 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: Peler
RS Status: P2P
Hey Guys,
Can I have any thoughts on the call of duty series so far as I need some for an article?
Any opinion is valid, good or bad!
Thanks,
Peter (Peler on rs)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 1:38 pm 
Iron Member

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty Series so far
PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 2:32 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I think it was good up to modern warfare. Then they started to take the ****. They think because they have a hit on there hands they can dictate the price, the map prices and generally mug there customers because they have a bunch of 13 year olds playing who's parents bankroll it.

News flash assholes 13 year olds have very short attention spans. The moment the next crap game with easy kills comes along you'll be washed up and left. So cash in while it lasts soon enough the only thing keeping you afloat is blizzard.

In short; MW up to 4 = good
MW beyond that = ****.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 2:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Comp Sci
Clan Name: W48 Stalkers
The campaign of MW2 was decent, but I hadn't played much Call of Duty up to that point.
2 major problems with that game: Short campaign and crappy community.
Hopefully Black Ops will focus on the campaign a little more, and some of the new game types look fun.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 1:15 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I think it really depends on the person. Some people love the newer ones and some don't. As for me, I haven't play much on the new ones. CoD 2 was where it was at for me. Excellent game with excellent mods. The older ones were really good. As for the new ones...that's iffy. I don't know how much different Black Ops will be from MW2. That will be interesting to see.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 8:19 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: mathclub3
My first CoD game was CoD 3...which in short was awful in my opinion. There were some highlights during the campaign but other than that..****. CoD4 was a game I played a ton, I really loved it. From here it goes downhill. Treyarch dropped the ball with World at War. I played that multiplayer but quickly got bored of it. On to MW2, flashes of glory were there but it just wasn't all put together imo. Lets hope for the best with Black Ops coming out in just a few hours. I'll probably get my hands on it if my brother buys it and I am home from college.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 10:46 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
CreepyPirate wrote:
I think it was good up to modern warfare. Then they started to take the ****. They think because they have a hit on there hands they can dictate the price, the map prices and generally mug there customers because they have a bunch of 13 year olds playing who's parents bankroll it.

News flash assholes 13 year olds have very short attention spans. The moment the next crap game with easy kills comes along you'll be washed up and left. So cash in while it lasts soon enough the only thing keeping you afloat is blizzard.

MW beyond that = ****.

Are you saying that Modern Warfare was good or ****? Because I think that CoD4 was a great game, along with the first 3.

It's just a shame that World at War and MW2 got ruined by the community. 12-13 year olds who have an absolutely disgusting attitude and a playing consensus which consists of "wow this weapon is over-powered, I must use it all the time!" and "wow this glitch is cool, let's do it all the time!"

I'm just glad that people still play CoD4.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 10:46 am 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 11:36 am 

Ryan wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

MW beyond that = ****.

Are you saying that Modern Warfare was good or ****? Because I think that CoD4 was a great game, along with the first 3.

It's just a shame that World at War and MW2 got ruined by the community. 12-13 year olds who have an absolutely disgusting attitude and a playing consensus which consists of "wow this weapon is over-powered, I must use it all the time!" and "wow this glitch is cool, let's do it all the time!"

I'm just glad that people still play CoD4.

COD4 had it's problems. Being killed by an SMG across the map when I'm sniping is not right. Wont ever be right. But activision hadn't started to take the **** on the pricing then. Now they are. The product (mw2) has also gotten worse not better IMO so the price increase isn't justified. They've not changed it for black ops either, still over priced compared to every other game out there.

I'm waiting for black op reviews to come in. I'm expecting them to be lower than MW2 and pretty much expect the series to get worse now as time goes on. But we'll see.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2010, 2:29 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i played cod1. enjoyed it thought it was fun. god cod united offensive expansion. was hard as hell but beat it.
got cod2 at the time the multiplayer was cool and fun. i enjoyed it
did not play cod3 since i didn't own a console.
cod4 was totally awesome still play
waw was ehh neutral. sadly i did just reinstalled it and have been playing a little after downloading about 2 gigs worth of patches.
barely anybody plays co-op

mw2 without dedicated servers is a game that i will only play on single player.
without having a dedicated server and actually be in the 46 player map, nothing compares to it. 7-7 doesn't work for me. fighting enmass is totally awesome.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2010, 9:30 am 

Looks like i was wrong anywho. Reviews are coming in claiming it's solid. Tempted to buy it. I have a mate who works in Tescos and can get me it for £35 or so. Ho humm..

PostPosted: November 9th, 2010, 8:13 pm 

don't forget creepy. they could have been bought off :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-call-of/707272

the review was quite good

PostPosted: November 11th, 2010, 12:43 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
I'm looking forward to getting the entire PC package one day. Though some of the games in the series aren't that great, I love campaigns. This one looks really good after watching the review trekkie posted. 8)

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 3:48 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
Call of Duty was a great game for it's time,
Call of Duty 2 was one of the best games of all time,
Call of Duty 3 was a terrible, terrible game,
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was one of the best games of all time,
Call of Duty: World at War had a good but annoying campaign,
Modern Warfare 2 had an amazing campaign, and an even more amazing multiplayer,
and Call of Duty: Black Ops is just a Modern Warfare 2 re-skin. Just like every other Call of Duty made by Treyarch so far.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 1:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Steven wrote:
and Call of Duty: Black Ops is just a Modern Warfare 2 re-skin. Just like every other Call of Duty made by Treyarch so far.

And there's where you are wrong. Terribly wrong. First off, did any Call of Duty game do a zombie mode before World at War? No. The multiplayer is actually really good, and the campaign is nonstop action. As I said months ago, people like you only bash Black Ops because you have a grudge against Treyarch. Pretend Infinity Ward made the game and try to tell me that again.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 1:46 pm 

MageGuy08 wrote:
And there's where you are wrong. Terribly wrong. First off, did any Call of Duty game do a zombie mode before World at War? No. The multiplayer is actually really good, and the campaign is nonstop action. As I said months ago, people like you only bash Black Ops because you have a grudge against Treyarch. Pretend Infinity Ward made the game and try to tell me that again.

if i wanted a zombie shooter i would buy a zombie shooter. this little add-on really didn't do anything.
as for me, i do not hate treyarch. what i hate is how the released a game that was unfinished. with ps3 and xbox now being able to patch this up over the internet, they are now doing what many developers have done in the past few years for PC. "release it now and patch it up later". i played black ops and i hated the single player because of all the bugs and the major lag. i hated entering cutscenes every 30 seconds where i end up going super slow motion. it's been overdone this game and it really doesn't add to the flow of the game.

multi player for the pc completely sucked for WaW. many many many times i have had my profile erased because their punkbuster was not working well. it was just annoying to always be sent back to private when i may have almost been a general. it took them many many patches to get the problem fixed. even now when i reinstalled WaW, they had roughly 3 GiGs of patches to install. after i was done, there was barely anybody doing co-op or zombie shooters. and even if they did they would have a computer that's on the other side of the world and the ping would be impossible to play with. not many people even play multiplayer anymore on WaW and any that servers that still has people have around 4-8 people total.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 3:02 pm 

I dunno why people hype the zombie mode. It was just another crappy horde mode but with currency. I got bored of it (like all horde mode game types) after 5 goes or so. Always comes down to camp the **** out of a certain area and abuse stupid A.I

As for black ops. I've played about 5 hours online and a couple of levels in the campaign. So I've had a taster really but i think I've gotten a good feel of it and seen enough to form an opinion.

SO it's better than MW2. Which was..**** actually. Campaign was boring. You can only pull the nuke card so many times before the shock wears thin and believe me seeing America get **** up did nothing for me. Don't care. And russians? Really? Again? Give it a rest. Multiplayer was the same old ******* as well.

Now black ops..the campaign so far isn't doing much for me. But as it's not as idiotic and outragously far fetched as MW2 so far I'm saying it's better. Could get worse who knows. The A.I is the worst out of all the COD games I've played. Utterly useless. Can't shoot anything, let enemies flank you, refuse to do anything. I let myself die at one point cause one enemy ran up to me and started to shoot me and my 4-5 team mates did NOTHING. Rubbish. And i think they've brought back infinit spawning enemies again..which was the only thing MW2 did right.

Now this sounds very negative so far but I'm not a fan of the campaign really it's the multiplayer where I'm seeing the improvements. Which is also why people are crying. It's more balanced and so spray ****** and talentless losers who think quick scopes are cool are now crying in there porridge.

Quick scopes are pretty much gone. Brilliant. It's supposed to be a realistic shooter so get the **** over it and stop complaining.

SMG have had there ammo reduced so spraying like a tard isn't all that effective. Again superb move. Most games you get people camping now instead of running n spraying but at least i can deal with a camper.

Knives are still *******. Still lunge from across the map, still stab you when there miles off target.

Fats been cut from the perks and theres less choice from what i can see. A lot of useless stuff still in there tho.

There betting game modes are great. Better than the actual multiplayer. Very annoying at times but great fun all the same if your with friends. Playing more of that than anything else tbh. I like the 1 bullet game mode and the get to tier 20 weapons mode the most. The tomohawk/throwing knives/crossbow one is good too. Other one is crap.

Theres a totally unbiased reviewish write up of it. Now you can all decide if you want to buy it or not. Mike and Shane should start paying me for these. I accept candy.