Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty Series so far
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 6:01 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
RS Status: P2P
CreepyPirate wrote:
I dunno why people hype the zombie mode. It was just another crappy horde mode but with currency. I got bored of it (like all horde mode game types) after 5 goes or so. Always comes down to camp the **** out of a certain area and abuse stupid A.I

As for black ops. I've played about 5 hours online and a couple of levels in the campaign. So I've had a taster really but i think I've gotten a good feel of it and seen enough to form an opinion.

SO it's better than MW2. Which was..**** actually. Campaign was boring. You can only pull the nuke card so many times before the shock wears thin and believe me seeing America get **** up did nothing for me. Don't care. And russians? Really? Again? Give it a rest. Multiplayer was the same old ******* as well.

Now black ops..the campaign so far isn't doing much for me. But as it's not as idiotic and outragously far fetched as MW2 so far I'm saying it's better. Could get worse who knows. The A.I is the worst out of all the COD games I've played. Utterly useless. Can't shoot anything, let enemies flank you, refuse to do anything. I let myself die at one point cause one enemy ran up to me and started to shoot me and my 4-5 team mates did NOTHING. Rubbish. And i think they've brought back infinit spawning enemies again..which was the only thing MW2 did right.

Now this sounds very negative so far but I'm not a fan of the campaign really it's the multiplayer where I'm seeing the improvements. Which is also why people are crying. It's more balanced and so spray ****** and talentless losers who think quick scopes are cool are now crying in there porridge.

Quick scopes are pretty much gone. Brilliant. It's supposed to be a realistic shooter so get the **** over it and stop complaining.

SMG have had there ammo reduced so spraying like a tard isn't all that effective. Again superb move. Most games you get people camping now instead of running n spraying but at least i can deal with a camper.

Knives are still *******. Still lunge from across the map, still stab you when there miles off target.

Fats been cut from the perks and theres less choice from what i can see. A lot of useless stuff still in there tho.

There betting game modes are great. Better than the actual multiplayer. Very annoying at times but great fun all the same if your with friends. Playing more of that than anything else tbh. I like the 1 bullet game mode and the get to tier 20 weapons mode the most. The tomohawk/throwing knives/crossbow one is good too. Other one is crap.

Theres a totally unbiased reviewish write up of it. Now you can all decide if you want to buy it or not. Mike and Shane should start paying me for these. I accept candy.

No offense, Creepy, but when you say that was an unbiased opinion on the game, it was incredibly biased, because one: MW2 was an amazing and incredibly well done game. You always say negative things about the CoD series, so I don't know how that isn't unbiased.

But, again, no offense... just had to throw that out there.

<3

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 6:01 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 7:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
mw2 for me was not amazing, i felt nothing while playing the game. no wow moment, no omg... the only thing that surprised me a little was when you die again.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 1:41 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
Here is my experience with each Cod game from #4 and up. I'm going to be very brief as I don't have much time, the desire, nor the ability, to express my thoughts on how much I love this series as a whole. Also, I am strictly referring to multiplayer, as I personally do not find any enjoyment in playing single player campaigns in any video game that I have every played. Before I begin here is the amount of time I have spent on each one, as it may reflect my opinions of each game.

Cod 4: around 20 days
Cod WaW: 7 days
MW2: around 12 days
Black Ops: 20 hours within first 3 days of release. (Reached rank 20 first prestige, so I know how everything played out through the entire process.)

Cod 4:
In my opinion this is still the greatest call of duty game to date. Although the "best" weapons were pretty straight forward, aside from the m16, there was a certain balance between them all that made the game flow very well. I also think what contributed to my personal enjoyment of this game was the map designs. In any of the 3 games to follow there have not been as many balanced and fluid maps that made for as good gameplay as I experienced on Cod 4. One thing that I have also noticed is its popularity on the PC platform. No other cod game to follow it has had nearly as much success on PC as Cod 4 had, and still has to this day.

Cod Waw:
This game never appealed to me too much, but I suppose that was because of its WW2 setting. I think that after the revolutionary move to modern warfare after countless ww2 shooters, choosing this theater again was a step in the wrong direction. The game's dominance by sub-machine guns left it to be very boring after a short period of time, causing many players early on to go back to Cod 4. Although they introduced zombies in this installment and many seemed to be very fond of it, I never took a liking to the zombie mode, and probably would have purchased an actual zombie game had I wanted this aspect to be in the game.

MW2:
This game got lots of **** from the community for being extremely bad and unbearable to play. Although I still had fun playing it most of the time, and thought that many new ideas they added to the multiplayer experience was nice, much of this criticism was rightly deserved. The large amounts of glitches, hacks, and prestige lobbies speak for themselves, as well as the lack of involvement of developer support after the game was launched an countless problems had been found. MW2 brought back the modern warfare style that I and many other's preferred, but it also added many new aspects that ruined small instances within the game. The lack of recoil on many guns, overpoweredness of killstreaks and secondary weapons, the abuse of explosives that when unfixed, and countless others to name a few.
Although I preferred this game over Waw, MW2 was the worst game developed in the series for what IW had to work with.

Black Ops:
Although it may be hard to judge a game after it has been out for so little time, I can say that the amount of time I have played it already, qualifies me to speak about it. I finally felt that a higher level of "skill" was being added to a cod game. With the added amounts of recoil to the guns, as well as the elimination of stopping power and juggernaught, the easy mode/point and shoot aspect of call of duty had been mostly removed. So far, nothing is being abused, everything about the game seems balanced, and Treyarch has done a wonderful job so far working with the community to shape their game to how it works best for everybody (to a certain extent of course).

Those are my thoughts. I'll expand on them if need be but I think that explains my basic thought process when I comes to analyzing each of the games.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 11:15 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
That's easy.

Cod 4 and below - Very good games in general. Cod 4 was easily one of the best FPS game ever created.

Beyond Cod 4 - Overrated and overhyped. Especially MW2 which is probably the most overrated game ever. And the hype over it before its release was so high. No game could ever match the hype.

Thats sums it all. Really. It does.
I'm not buying any other CoD game.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 8:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Steven wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
I dunno why people hype the zombie mode. It was just another crappy horde mode but with currency. I got bored of it (like all horde mode game types) after 5 goes or so. Always comes down to camp the **** out of a certain area and abuse stupid A.I

As for black ops. I've played about 5 hours online and a couple of levels in the campaign. So I've had a taster really but i think I've gotten a good feel of it and seen enough to form an opinion.

SO it's better than MW2. Which was..**** actually. Campaign was boring. You can only pull the nuke card so many times before the shock wears thin and believe me seeing America get **** up did nothing for me. Don't care. And russians? Really? Again? Give it a rest. Multiplayer was the same old ******* as well.

Now black ops..the campaign so far isn't doing much for me. But as it's not as idiotic and outragously far fetched as MW2 so far I'm saying it's better. Could get worse who knows. The A.I is the worst out of all the COD games I've played. Utterly useless. Can't shoot anything, let enemies flank you, refuse to do anything. I let myself die at one point cause one enemy ran up to me and started to shoot me and my 4-5 team mates did NOTHING. Rubbish. And i think they've brought back infinit spawning enemies again..which was the only thing MW2 did right.

Now this sounds very negative so far but I'm not a fan of the campaign really it's the multiplayer where I'm seeing the improvements. Which is also why people are crying. It's more balanced and so spray ****** and talentless losers who think quick scopes are cool are now crying in there porridge.

Quick scopes are pretty much gone. Brilliant. It's supposed to be a realistic shooter so get the **** over it and stop complaining.

SMG have had there ammo reduced so spraying like a tard isn't all that effective. Again superb move. Most games you get people camping now instead of running n spraying but at least i can deal with a camper.

Knives are still *******. Still lunge from across the map, still stab you when there miles off target.

Fats been cut from the perks and theres less choice from what i can see. A lot of useless stuff still in there tho.

There betting game modes are great. Better than the actual multiplayer. Very annoying at times but great fun all the same if your with friends. Playing more of that than anything else tbh. I like the 1 bullet game mode and the get to tier 20 weapons mode the most. The tomohawk/throwing knives/crossbow one is good too. Other one is crap.

Theres a totally unbiased reviewish write up of it. Now you can all decide if you want to buy it or not. Mike and Shane should start paying me for these. I accept candy.

No offense, Creepy, but when you say that was an unbiased opinion on the game, it was incredibly biased, because one: MW2 was an amazing and incredibly well done game. You always say negative things about the CoD series, so I don't know how that isn't unbiased.

<3

That's a biased opinion if I ever heard one. :P

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 4:50 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Steven wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

<3

Yes i know. That's why i said it. I don't really think Mike and Shane should pay me for these either. And MW2 wasn't good. The campaign was a bunch of explosions with no real flow or feel to it. And the multiplayer was very messy.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 4:50 am 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 2:58 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
RS Status: Classic
I don't buy them for the single player campaign. In fact, I would prefer it if they just scrapped the campaign altogether and threw in extra multiplayer maps instead.

In short:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- Greatest first-person shooter experience to date.
Call of Duty: World at War -- Back to World War 2? No thanks. Also, the zombie mode everyone loved so much was really boring. I didn't understand the hype.
Call of Duty: Modern ExplosionFest 2 -- **** off. What an awful game. New tag line for this game: Hell rains from the sky as you get tubed repeatedly.
Call of Duty: Black Ops -- Feels more like Call of Duty 4 than the previous two, and therefore is better than the previous two by default. Also, flak jacket perk makes this one an instant winner.

When I talk about these games, I don't consider the single player part of them. The campaign is garbage in all of them, so there's no point talking about it.

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 3:20 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Okay, I've put well over 24 hours into this, so I think I have enough experience to say that it feels nothing like any previous CoD game. The campaign is... eh, different. I don't remember the last game (other than AC) that was mainly flashbacks. And nonstop action, the entire campaign seems to keep going as one long mission. Kind of like it. The multiplayer is quite balanced, and there's no more quick skoping. The 20 second or so delay on using grenade launchers and the change in how grenades fly is a welcome change as well. I still like CoD 4 better, but that's just impossible to be better than. My one major problem with the multiplayer is that it's almost impossible to get 2 or more people into the same game... Just seems like one always gets disconnected from the server, gets put into another game, or just completely fails.

Also, I find it funny that they brought dedicated servers back... for a price.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 5:37 am 

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5817181

Funny as hell how angry the white guy gets. **** SPORTS journalists of all people ***** over it. Hahaha.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:06 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
I agree that MW2 was extremely hyped and that pretty much everyone was talking about it.

But I really enjoyed it, the Campaign was really good and I still play Multi-Player to this day. I much prefer it to Black Ops.

Didn't really care much for the Special Ops mode, I thought a Zombie mode with MW2 weapons and equipment would have been cool.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 3:49 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
I'm level 50 in Black Ops now, And Black Ops just might be better than CoD4, not sure but Black Ops is a hell of a lot better than mw2.

Black Member 2-6-10